Which archetype RPG class would you be in real life?

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
So let's assume for a moment that you have suddenly been transported to a standard fantasy world where magic exists and people are so friendly that they blab about their greatest secrets to a complete stranger if he/she simply asks them about rumors.

In this new world you have discovered that the best way for you to survive is to take odd jobs and go questing. However before you do that, a giant floating class select screen asks you what archetype role you're going to commit yourself to. Will you go for the brave warrior, the clever mage or the sneaky rogue?

Which class would you want to be?
Which class would you be best suited for?

Personally as a skinny 174cm tall guy, being a warrior is pretty much out of the question. However I like to believe I'm reasonably fast and agile due to said skinny frame. Whilst I would love to be able to shit lightening like a mage, I'm relatively impatient so I don't think I would be able to commit years to memorizing spells and enchantments. On top of that, I will admit I'm pretty vain, and seeming as your typical mage is old, hairy and unsociable, I'm not sure I would like to head down that path.

So that leaves me with the quick and sneaky rogue, which is fine by me. Seems the best way to avoid danger is to never be seen and if I happen to coincidentally become incredibly rich because people keep losing things, then I'm not going to complain.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Warrior ... more specifically Barbarian.

Just because I think i'd look good in a loin cloth.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
Well, considering that my smarts is pretty much all I have going for me, wizard would be my only real option.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Rogue. 'cause I can be sneaky when I want to, despite my height[footnote]6'1"[/footnote], plus, I love daggers. They are awesome. o-o And longbows. :p

And! Games have proven that being a rogue means poisons, bombs, smokes and awesome agility. =D

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
Rawne1980 said:
Warrior ... more specifically Barbarian.

Just because I think i'd look good in a loin cloth.
Sure would be chilly down there though...

DrRockor

Jun 24, 2008
Warrior. I'd be perfect for a warrior. I'm 6'5" and weight 250 pounds. In the old english way of describing someone I am built like a brick shithouse. Specifically I'd be a tank. Wearing the toughest armor available and keep all the squishes safe

Folji

Jul 21, 2010
I'd totally be a bard. Just need to learn how to play the lute and I'd go around winning people over with my charm, wits and melody, while also cutting down stuff with a sharp blade and working subterfuge.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Well I used to be a thief back when I was a kid so Rogue is the obvious choice, but then again back then I was really tiny so sneaking around was easy since I could fit anywhere, now I can't really sneak around not to mention I'm a lot less agile and with my clumsiness even too loud for that, so what could I be? I'm not really strong either and I'm most definitely not smart so not mage either, a Bard sounds a little more like what I should get but then again I'm ridiculously bad at music, Ranger is out of the question too since I've actually had archery class and after a week the instructor told me that it would be best to find something else because I was ridiculously bad at it, I guess I get to be the innkeeper or the shopkeeper, ah this sucks.

ClockworkPenguin

Mar 29, 2012
Kaleion said:
Well I used to be a thief back when I was a kid so Rogue is the obvious choice, but then again back then I was really tiny so sneaking around was easy since I could fit anywhere, now I can't really sneak around not to mention I'm a lot less agile and with my clumsiness even too loud for that, so what could I be? I'm not really strong either and I'm most definitely not smart so not mage either, a Bard sounds a little more like what I should get but then again I'm ridiculously bad at music, Ranger is out of the question too since I've actually had archery class and after a week the instructor told me that it would be best to find something else because I was ridiculously bad at it, I guess I get to be the innkeeper or the shopkeeper, ah this sucks.
It depends what shop you run. Don't be an armourer, or you'll be bankrupt from all the adventurers selling you shitty maces and shields and things. If you run whatever it is that sells potions though, you will be rolling in it without ever having to put your life in danger.

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
I'd probably be a wizard of the three main archetypes, but if we were more specific I'd be something along the lines of a Mystic/Psychic. I wouldn't want powers that allow me to kill people, not directly. That's... too dull. No, if I HAD to kill someone (which I'd prefer not to, since I'm usually chaotic good when role-playing...) I'd use my mind powers to trick enemies into killing each other.

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
A wizard of some description would suit my mind and personality best, although the way I'm built I'd have the least physical issues adjusting to a sword n' board type warrior.
ClockworkPenguin said:
It depends what shop you run. Don't be an armourer, or you'll be bankrupt from all the adventurers selling you shitty maces and shields and things. If you run whatever it is that sells potions though, you will be rolling in it without ever having to put your life in danger.
Actually, if you keep your prices balanced well , you can still make money as an armorer even if swamped by shoddy scavenged gear. Hire an apprentice or three whose only job is refurbishing the better pieces you get that way, and melting down and reforging the junk. So long as you keep the premium stuff separate for the sake of warriors that buy their own gear, you can sell the recycled gear to people who need to buy cheaply and/or in bulk, like militias and armies equipping their ballista fodder.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Rogue? I'm a lighter guy who's pretty agile, though I think I'd stick more to the bow than daggers.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
ClockworkPenguin said:
Kaleion said:
-I am the Shopkeeper *sigh*-
Well yes but inventory management isn't really exiting, or is it?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Which class would you want to be? Rogue

Which class would you be best suited for? Err not sure, maybe Warrior since I like the agility for a rogue but I would be a bad Warrior (I don't exactly got superior strength).

Rai^3

Jul 25, 2009
Rogue, easily. Sneaking, throwing knives, pickin' locks, and poisoning the local evil baron's food.

Stealing from the rich, and giving to poor people. Poor people named Rai^3.

Duck Sandwich

Dec 13, 2007
I'm a 155lb, 5'11" amateur kickboxer, and I'm better suited to using my reach to throw long-reaching strikes than to get in up close and brawl, so I guess in RPG terms, that would translate to "Warrior dude that fights with a spear or some kind of polearm" or "Warrior that throws axes/javelins/etc. at dudes when they're not in melee range." So something like Diablo 2's Amazon.