Which archetype RPG class would you be in real life?

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
Kaleion said:
ClockworkPenguin said:
Kaleion said:
-I am the Shopkeeper *sigh*-
It depends what shop you run. Don't be an armourer, or you'll be bankrupt from all the adventurers selling you shitty maces and shields and things. If you run whatever it is that sells potions though, you will be rolling in it without ever having to put your life in danger.
Well yes but inventory management isn't really exiting, or is it?
Eh, I have been thinking a bit and whilst right now I would consider myself best suited for a rogue, I reckon if thrown into the situation I could adapt to become a warrior, and I'm sure you could too. If you think about, your typical Roman legionnaire or samurai was probably around 160ish cm, so assuming you're capable of bulking up a bit it's certainly possible :p

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Lethos said:
Kaleion said:
Eh, I have been thinking a bit and whilst right now I would consider myself best suited for a rogue, I reckon if thrown into the situation I could adapt to become a warrior, and I'm sure you could too. If you think about, your typical Roman legionnaire or samurai was probably around 160ish cm, so assuming you're capable of bulking up a bit it's certainly possible :p
You do know I'm joking around with being bothered by it? Also I could have gone for travelling salesman which is a non-combat adventurer, anyway I really wouldn't be able to be soldier because I don't think I'd be able to move with an armor, I'd probably fall to the ground by just trying to lift the chestplate and I really doubt I could swing a sword, I just really am not strong.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
I have the build of your typical Warrior type so that would probably be my archetype, not complaining either, I quite like the idea of charging into battle with a sword and shield.

Kaleion said:
I guess I get to be the innkeeper or the shopkeeper, ah this sucks.

ClockworkPenguin

Mar 29, 2012
Kaleion said:
ClockworkPenguin said:
Kaleion said:
-I am the Shopkeeper *sigh*-
It depends what shop you run. Don't be an armourer, or you'll be bankrupt from all the adventurers selling you shitty maces and shields and things. If you run whatever it is that sells potions though, you will be rolling in it without ever having to put your life in danger.
It could be worse. You could be the Dungeon Siege donkey.

Theogrin

Sep 27, 2007
Frankly, I'd love to be a Rogue - and in ways, it seems to fit well. Against all odds, I get on with people, such as it were, and I'm rarely noticed. But in all likelihood... I'd be a Cleric.

Sort of a helpful personality, and while iRL I've little truck with True Believers, at the same time, I'm open to the possibility that they might be right. In a worldline like D&D's, I could see myself using the power of faith to help out the party - especially if it doesn't mean that I have to put myself on the front lines.

(Little bit cowardly, too.)

ClockworkPenguin

Mar 29, 2012
Bhaalspawn said:
Warrior with dual swords all the way! Nothing beats Dual Wielding!
Dual Wielding is great for fencing or sword fighting, but you have basically no defence against a longbow. I doubt you'd do well against cavalry either, that's a two handed weapon job.

|Sith|Eldarion

Nov 14, 2011
I would be a bard, silver tongued and charming to get myself out of most situations, but also able to use a sword to deadly effect. I'm a fencer, so using axes and heavy armor would wreck my timing.

b15h4m0n

Sep 7, 2010
Cleric, Druid or Shaman. Divine-inspired spellcaster with some physical prowess, just like in real life.

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
I would like to be a rouge...good at picking pockets and locks, a keen eye, a witty tongue and a way with the ladies. Oh, and a master at the bow.

Unfortunately i am none of these things in real life...so, given that i'm fairly academic i'd probably be a mage. Still, given that i love swords and armour, i'd be a battle-mage. Which isn't too bad i guess.

Daniel Janhagen

Mar 28, 2011
I have no skills that would serve me very well in a typical medieval or renaissance world, so... beggar, rat-catcher or graverobber, I guess. Suppose that'd be rogue or bard in D&D (or beggar, rat-catcher or graverobber in WHFRP).
As for what I'd want to be, I suppose I'd want to be a Sorcerer, assuming all magic isn't automatically evil and corrupting. In that case, I'd rather be some sort of Knight in Shining Armour.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
A sneaky rogue. Assassinations and stealing. I'd steal your pants and sell them back then steal them again just to set them on fire. Then I would assassinate you.

Retal19

Dec 5, 2010
Going by what I'm studying (Mechanical Engineering), what I do with my spare time (Gaming, Drawing, Playing Music and Shooting AS Guns) and numerous other smaller things, probably something like an Artificier, Gunslinger or Bard. =/

1080bitgamer

Telegram Dictator
Apr 11, 2010
Rouge, but if I had time to train, for years that is, I'd go for wizard. Both seem to fit my persona, but the timing would change what I choose.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Paladin. While i dont really believe in divinity or have faith in higher power, i could never be a straight up warrior. I like to think, use powers to the best of my ability, and protect/heal/command others to keep them fighting.

More specifically, a Paladin of Tyranny, a paladin of Lawful-Evil, willing to follow orders and lead a group without so much as flinching. While it is a "Evil" aligned class, it doesnt mean hes a dick. I just believe order, power, and leadership are what define backbone. And if the leadership is bad..... Well its time to replace it C: With force if need be.

In all truth, im not much of a leader, but i know how to take charge. Giving orders is easy, even if they happen to be bad orders, that could threaten the lives of everyone but yourself.

So, i have to say Paladin. Not a holy Paladin by any means, but a Paladin. Heavy armor, heavy sword, and heavy shield. So i can stand in front of my friends to protect them from danger!

..... And then pull them in front of me if things go down hill.