Which comic book hero would you get rid of?

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
gideonkain said:
Cyclops.

Seriously, who likes that guy?!

His personality is so utterly pompous and dick-headed and his mutant powers are Eye Lasers.

He doesn't even wear a strap around his visor, every damn battle the first thing that happens is the enemy knocks that thing off and he spends the rest of the fight blindly searching the ground around him only to unleash a mighty blast at the end when someone tells him to open his eyes.
Here's a list of Superman titles that should be required reading for non-Supes fans. Buy them as TPBs if you want, but I'm pretty sure there are legal ways of reading them for free online. Google at your own peril.

Anyway, here's a mini list for you: All-Star Superman, Superman: Red Son, Superman: Speeding Bullets, Superman For All Seasons, Superman: Secret Identity, Superman: Birthright and Kingdom Come.

Master_Archer53

Jul 27, 2012
i would get rid of the juggernaut in xmen 3 and make a cg version that looks more real to the comic book version

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
Plastic man, there is no room in comics for skimpy underwear with no tights underneath, plus what I did see of him was just him being overly silly and not really much of a threat to anybody.

the.gill123

Jun 12, 2011

BenefitEvil

Apr 18, 2012
I would get rid of the creeper from DC. He is a bit redundant and being in Gotham City he constantly gets overshadowed by the bat crew. I do not think anyone has even used him in years... the last time I say him was in Kingdom Come (which was almost 25 years ago), as an old crazy super hero.

UnmotivatedSlacker

Mar 12, 2010
McMarbles said:
UnmotivatedSlacker said:
McMarbles said:
I really, REALLY can't stand the Punisher. I don't think he adds much of anything to the Marvel universe.
As someone who doesn't really like the Punisher as well, I would recommend reading the Punisher Max line if you haven't. I think he works better when he's not in a world filled with super heroes.
Unlikely... I find the whole concept of the character repulsive.
I honestly used to feel pretty much the same way, but the Max line changed my opinion of him a little bit. He's still a horrible person, but now he doesn't piss me off as much.
Nannernade said:
Plastic man, there is no room in comics for skimpy underwear with no tights underneath, plus what I did see of him was just him being overly silly and not really much of a threat to anybody.
I haven't really read much of Plastic Man since his early appearances, but from what I understand he's somewhat immortal, immune to telepathy, and is one of the few people who could deal with Martian Manhunter when he lost his fire weakness and went crazy. By the way, Martian Manhunter is one of the few people that kinda scares Superman.