Which country is least likely to start World War 3?

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
MrSmish said:
Lord_Panzer said:
MrSmish said:
The MuthR FuthR said:
MrSmish said:
The Soviet Union.

oh...

then its, fuedal japan FTW!
Mesopotamia, *****.
I'm going Fertile Crescent on yo' ass.

OT: Tie between my home and native land (Canada, for the lazy), those forever-neutral Swiss, and Vatican City.

For a slightly less orthodox answer, I'd say Russia. When you think about it, what would they stand to gain? They're in as good a place as they can be under the circumstances.
Mesopotamia was in Fertile Cerscent. You're rebuttal rendered is invalid.
Was more of a restatement than a repudiation, actually. It's hard to go back further than Mesopotamia.

I am disappointed, however, that neither of you mentioned how unlikely it is that the Holy Roman Empire will start WWIII. I expected more.

xdiesp

Oct 21, 2007
Neutral countries, like Switzerland or Austria, are unlikely to start ANY war.

Now about WW3, a truly global war needs a global player: the USA must be in it one way or another. And the hottest place in the world is the Middle East, with Israel and the USA waging war on arab states for oil. You continue on from this...

Dimensional Vortex

Nov 14, 2010
King Toasty said:
Title says it all. I'm going with Canada on this one, since we're quiet and have a very small army. And they're all away cleaning America's mess up. Again. :)

EDIT: Stop saying Sealand. I'm talking about actual, official countries. Aerican Empire doesn't count either. In fact, ignore the entire Micronation thing for a while. Carry on discussion.
uhm Peru and Switzerland?

Dimensional Vortex

Nov 14, 2010
xdiesp said:
Neutral countries, like Switzerland or Austria, are unlikely to start ANY war.

Now about WW3, a truly global war needs a global player: the USA must be in it one way or another. And the hottest place in the world is the Middle East, with Israel and the USA waging war on arab states for oil. You continue on from this...
The Middle East may be the hottest place right now, but China and Russia (I know it's overused) are probably the biggest threats to the country right now. They are all unlikely to start something with one another as it has a good chance to lead to the death of billions of people and they all have similar chances at winning.

P.S. I await the day Australia starts a war with another country, why you ask? because I have this good theory that when we do, we will ask for America's help and America will tell us "No, sorry, we don't anything to do with war right now." If that day comes I will argue that we were side by side with America with all their wars, invasions and everything else.

Tinman_1993

Oct 24, 2008
King Toasty said:
Sturmdolch said:
DoomWyrd said:
Switzerland. You know, the one that is ALWAYS neutral. I'm going with that one.
Only as of 1815, since the Congress of Vienna. Before, Switzerland was basically a loose affiliation of nation-states that went to war with and against each other at will. But I'll agree that Switzerland is the least likely to start it, which is why I'll flee to it when the first shot gets fired.

And I'm not too sure about Canada. I could see our government declaring war on Iran or North Korea, if the wrong prime minister gets elected.
Naw, we just like pieing people when we get displeased. Assassination? Good golly, no. Unless it's Chretien again.
Or if we create a zombie Trudeau and he leads a popular invasion of the northern United States

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Sweden.

Seriously though, USA.

EDIT: lol, thought it said "most likely", Sweden it is then.

Turbulenssi

Apr 6, 2010
My vote goes Mongolia, Genghis Khan will rise again!

Joke aside I'd say America starts or atleast incites the third world war.

Isalan

Jun 9, 2008
Belgium, a country designed to be a place where Germany and England can settle their differences XD

Talshere

Jan 27, 2010
King Toasty said:
Title says it all. I'm going with Canada on this one, since we're quiet and have a very small army. And they're all away cleaning America's mess up. Again. :)

EDIT: Stop saying Sealand. I'm talking about actual, official countries. Aerican Empire doesn't count either. In fact, ignore the entire Micronation thing for a while. Carry on discussion.

Clarify please.

Are we talking the one which actually goes and declares war, and the cause of said war.

To use your choice, Canada, while it has no real standing army, it does contain large sources of mineral resources, oil and gas hydrates. Because of these two things, Canada is actually a fairly likely source of a war, even if it itself is not the instigator.

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
I'm thinking a country with Fanatics; the kind of people who would lauch a nuke for "honour of the country" or something along those lines...North Korea seems like the most likely

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
cystemic said:
Whut?

I really, really hope you don't mean Gibraltar.

And I'm gonna say it's a tie between Vatican City and Andorra.
You know, just Andorra. It's basically just a mountain.