Which FPS Actually Takes Skill?

Tomany2

Jun 17, 2008
I Started playing Counterstrike Source after about 8 months away from it, and between all the Call Of Duty, and Bad Company, I lost the ability to actually kill something in CS:S.

So I ask all of you, What FPS's actually take skill to play online?

For Me Call Of Duty, and The Recent Battlefields are like a cake walk. they are so simple.

But in my opinion, the FPS's that actually DO take skill, would be...

CS:S and Battlefield 2 (the one from 2005 for PC, not Bad Company 2)

EDIT: Lots of people say that "All Multiplayer Games Take Skill" and i agree to that. BUT things like CS:S and Battlefield 2 do take a lot longer to learn, rather than Bad Co or COD, which can be picked up by even the newest gamers, and they can get kills, but this is also true for CS:S and BF2. 'Cause my sister cant play COD for her life, but is the top of the leaderboard for both CS:S and BF2 in most the games that she joins.

higgs20

Feb 16, 2010
none of them really take skill, if you can play one you can play another, but they all take a certain level of practice.

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
Ninja'd by OP...

Anyways: Yeah CS:S.
I haven't played it, but I've seen people play it.

It does look pretty difficult.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
If its online multiplayer than all of them.

No game ever plays the same and each player plays and thinks differently. Thus you have to constantly adjust the way you play in order to succeed. So each FPS does take some amount of skill to play.

Kortney

Nov 2, 2009
I think Call of Duty takes some skill. Playing a game of hardcore free for all with 15 really good players can be hell sometimes.

I guess what I'm getting at is all FPS games take skill. It's the same kind of skill too, so I think if someone is very naturally good at Call of Duty, they will be good at Counter Strike and New Vegas and anything in between. Granted they might have trouble with the slower pacing, but I think they'd still be above average with it.

Tomany2

Jun 17, 2008
Steve5513 said:
Battlefield 2 is horrible. Worst hit detection in any game I've ever seen.
The seem to be okay for me, possibly cause i set the games internal settings to 100 ticks, and the new update also helped...

it isn't so much the hit boxes, as that the guns have recoil, and spraying doesn't really work.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Steve5513 said:
Battlefield 2 is horrible. Worst hit detection in any game I've ever seen.
That's because Battlefield has bullet drop.

I believe Arma takes a little bit of skill, I can't think of any other game at the moment that hasn't been stated.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
Operation Flashpoint and ARMA. The FPS sims. And Ghost Recon at times.

Definetly not CoD. Not when dual wielded shotguns kill anything in front of you for X meters.

OT: OpFlash Red River looks quite good, especially the co-op heavy aspect.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
Deshara said:
Umm... I've noticed how COD players SUCK when they try to play Bad Company 2...
They also suck at Medal of Honor. Maybe it's a DICE game thing? But they usually aren't good at Halo either. Hmmmm....

jmerridew124

Mar 8, 2010
Team Fortress 2. If you're worth anything you'll pick a class that requires skill; i.e. anything besides the pyro or the engineer. Also if you're a sniper don't use the fucking razorback. If you're one of the two instakill characters in the game then your weakness shouldn't get nerfed.

TheTaco007

Sep 10, 2009
TF2 definitely is the one that takes teamwork and know-how. (Except for the f***ing pyros)

BC2 maybe.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Team Fortress 2. There's definitely a learning curve involved, and the incompetent don't last long.

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
Counter strike's difficulty is epic but stalker was fucking ridiculous. (in other words, really fucked up and epic)