Which game do you Rage at most?

Feb 24, 2011
DOTA 2, because i suck at it
League of legends, this game has a terrible community
Temple of elemental evil, i forget to save quite often and i can't find the quicksave button

Matt Dellar

Jun 26, 2011
Chivalry. Only game I've ever audibly sworn at. Sometimes you see the tip of an enemy's blade swing past you, completely missing you, and you still take damage. Lookdown overheads, too, are pretty much unblockable, deaths are nearly always frustrating and no matter what happened, it always feels like the game's fault and not yours. Lag is handled horribly, and if I'm sitting on top of a server I might get 28 ping whereas I get in the lower teens in any Valve game. Horrible design decisions, such as going colorblind when you lose health, contribute to teamkills, as does blood-soaked warriors looking exactly like the red-clad enemies. Movement is clunky, you get stuck on random bits of terrain, combat on anything but a flat surface is screwed up, kicks are clunky, mechanics that should be there are not in favor of "balance." Also, players tend to spam the chat with crap talk, vote to kick anyone who manages to kill them, and then proceed to play horribly and team-kill a lot.

Have I mentioned that it's one of my favorite games?

Also, World of Warcraft, though it just made me sad instead of rage. I joined a private server after a couple hours of playing retail and decided I wasn't about to face the grind. So a friend took me to a place to climb a castle, and he got ganked by a bunch of guys in a non-PVP area. I healed him, as a priest should, and they reported me for doing so, even after I asked them several times what I was doing wrong.

I haven't played since, and realize now why I preferred single-player games for so long.

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
Carcasonne.
Yes, it's a board game, cry more. There's still nothing that makes me as flat-out angry as this game though, even though I love it. ._.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I can't think of much recently to be honest.
Not even Dota 2 when I have a really shitty game, I'm just like "eh."

purf

Nov 29, 2010
I'm not exactly that guy, but

Hold on, actually, skip to 3:07 - this guy I am. F*ck those f*cking f*ckboards.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
Minecraft because losing both of my enchanted diamond pickaxes with two durability and two efficiency because of some dumb luck creeper makes me wanna eat puppies and wash them down with litres of kitten blood. FRESH kitten blood.

Jiefu

May 24, 2010
Mass Effect 3 - not the ending, but that god damn kid that Shepard apparently cares so damn much about that I have to walk like I got trapped in 2 feet of mud while chasing for... some reason. Shepard's killed hundreds of people himself, and not all of them were monsters or even working for monsters. Billions died in the attack - an attack that Shepard could not have done much more about than he already did. He killed 300,00 Batarians for what ended up being basically worthless. Yet none of these things haunt him! No, it's some absolutely moronic kid who literally decided to die when presented with a clear and easy path to survival that he has really irritating nightmares about.

When that little twit showed up for the last time, I snapped. I hit Alt+F4 and never went back. Screw that kid. I'm glad he died.

Thoughtful_Salt

Mar 29, 2012
When some one repeatedly knife kills me in battlefield 3, I lose my temper. Especially if my guns suddenly become useless at hip firing once they are in range.

MadMechanic

Nov 6, 2009
Battlefield 3. Starting 4 months after it came out meant that multiplayer was a huge up hill struggle. EA renting out all of their XBL servers did not help. I often found myself cursing under my breath when playing.

Dawn of War II: Retribution probably takes the cake for me.
Online is so broken it's almost funny. I really have to ask if it was play tested at all, as some armies are practically unstoppable when the game has just started. *cough*ChaosTerminatorLord*cough*
I don't mind being steam-rollered, hell sometimes it can be a really cinematic and entertaining game, but when it happens in the first 5 minutes, when all that is on the field is the HQ and 1 basic infantry unit, I start to feel very, very pissed off.

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
I tend to be a pretty patient guy, but I get very angry when playing Monster Hunter and recently Ragnarok Odyssey. When I feel that what is happening to me isn't entirely my fault, that there was nothing I could do to save myself, I get pretty mad. Of course in hindsight it is pretty easy to identify what I was doing wrong so I don't stay mad for very long.
I also get ticked off in online competitive games when my connection is showing as one, maybe two bars out of four.

Farrow

Jan 29, 2012
solemnwar said:
Fallout 1 and 2
There is nothing more frustrating than waiting for 20 fucking assholes to move their asses around the screen... and then having to reload and do it all again because one of your dipshit party members decided to use their minigun while one of the other party members(or yourself) was standing in front of them.

skrreeeeeeeeeeee

Resonance of Fate does it to me, too...
Yeah thats why I always hated Fallout 1 & 2 because of that, but c'mon they are classics so you cant hate them anymore :D

JoesshittyOs said:
Thank God, I've been meaning to complain about Battlefield 3 for such a long time now.

The game has aged terribly. Not as in looks or anything like that. Just... a whole myriad of bullshit that people have realized.

You've got your level 100's, who've found this annoying tactic of constantly jumping. It makes them very hard to hit, but I can deal with that. The problem I have with it is that it just looks so God damn stupid. And when one person starts doing it, you get the whole lobby of morons copying them.

Heat seekers, Oh God, the heat seekers. For some reason, they decided to patch them so they lock on faster. It may be a real thing in the actual armed forces, but when a game is concerned, it's not fun. I bought the Premium service back when I enjoyed the game, so I got all the map packs and the Air Superiority game type. Doesn't matter what perks you have on your plane, whether you're using flares or the Chaff equipment. If someone wants to shoot you down with missiles, your gonna get shot down with missiles. It would just be a much more entertaining game if there was no lock on launchers.

I also play on Console, which plays into my next complaint. The Armor is too powerful on Infantry. Also, there's no reason why there should be that many perks on Vehicles. 12 vs 12 being the cap on how many players can play on consoles makes most gametypes with vehicles either very boring, or just plain infuriating. When over half the team can be in armor of some sort, and most infantry classes really can't do anything about it, the game slows to a crawl. When you have a Squad that's communicating, it's possible to tactically hit the tanks at the same time to take them out, but nobody ever plays in a squad with friends, so what's the point?
I have to agree with you, I'm a massive fan of the Battlefield series but battlefield 3 just never did it for me :S I prefer Battlefield 2 anyday. and even Bad company 2 in terms of Frostbite, though in its compliment, Battlefield 3 is one of the nicest looking games i've ever seen.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
JoesshittyOs said:
I'm with ya. Maybe it's because I've "moved on" from CoD, and don't really play much of it anymore. But whenever I hop on those games, it's sort of just "heh, I remember when that would make me mad".
Hehe, that's exactly it. 'Oh I got bullshitted on by a randon lag spike/shot first died first/random explosion/knifer etc etc..... mmmyeeeh. Whatever.'

Farrow

Jan 29, 2012
MiracleOfSound said:
JoesshittyOs said:
I'm with ya. Maybe it's because I've "moved on" from CoD, and don't really play much of it anymore. But whenever I hop on those games, it's sort of just "heh, I remember when that would make me mad".
Hehe, that's exactly it. 'Oh I got bullshitted on by a randon lag spike/shot first died first/random explosion/knifer etc etc..... mmmyeeeh. Whatever.'
chivalry seems to have alot of lag recently :S annoying when you run down a street then it stops lagging and you're dead with your head cut off ... ._.

Freddy

Apr 11, 2013
Hehe, yeah, Super Hexagon is definitely a game you can easily rage and scream at.
Also, Dark Souls and Dark had me yelling at the TV, not to mention old classics like Mega Man or Snake Rattle 'n Roll NES. Also, the final Boss in FF II on SNES has cost me lots of hours of my life. Still unable to be him, though...

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
CoD. There has been no other game/game series made yet that has caused more rage than CoD. Which raises the question as to why the hell I started playing it again a week or two ago.

mariosonicfan5

Jun 18, 2012
Star Wars Rouge Squadron 2: Rouge Leader. Namely the last mission, destroying the Death Star 2. Its so ridiculous that you only have 3 lives, and even if you get so damn good at flying through the opening part dodging tie fighters and gun turrets and even getting really good at flying through the interior of the Death Star, you still have to back in reverse, which isn't too bad except there's that God Damn Explosion right behind you, and if you slow down even a tiny bit it'll be right on you. But you cant fly fast because you might hit the walls and slow down even more and guess what? Even if you still have all your lives...if that fire catches you its Game over go back to the title screen do it all over again! That's So Frackin' Stupid!

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
No, DotA 2 doesn't make me rage. It's a real joy coordinating a teamfight with a few selfless, well-balanced, polite, tolerant individuals who all speak perfect english while having flawless, uninterrupted Internet connection. Happy pills <3

AT God

Dec 24, 2008
Battlefield 3 because it is the only game I regularly play online. Why does half of my team always switch to recon if we lose all the capture points?

I also rage at myself because I always rush points so I die a lot. If I encounter multiple enemies, I almost always just run out and try to shoot them all before they shoot me, which works about 10% of the time.