Which games do you think have limitless playability?

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
With all the mods being churned out of Planet Elder Scrolls, I'll go with Morrowind. I'm not sure how then number of mods compares to Oblivion, I've not got that on PC, but I know Morrowind definitely qualifies for limitless playability.
That, and the mods you can get for Morrowind are friggin' awesome. You haven't played Morrowind 'til you've downloaded Uvirith Unleashed along with with Building Up Uvirith Unleashed.
Seriously. Do it. If you have Morrowind on PC, do it right now.

Funky Flump

Jun 24, 2010
Super Mario Sunshine. I could play that game forever! Just getting better at the movement by catching shadow Mario. Finding all the secrets, all the blue coins, generally messing around in the plaza and having fun!

FunkEngine12

Dec 28, 2009
Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door.

It is not exaggeration to say that this game is 80% of the reason I still own a Gamecube. I can't play it nonstop, but there is literally no other game I've ever tried that I've beaten as many times as this. Don't know why, I just love it.

reiem531

Aug 26, 2009
Super Smash Bros. Melee, still play it with my friends almost every other weekend. Fucking awesome.

McNoobin

Sep 8, 2009
There's a few games I have played a lot of, but there is one game I seriously can't get enough of. And that is the FIFA games. God I love it SO MUCH. I've been playing it since '98!

Herbert_v1legacy

Dec 6, 2011
It would have to be a game that can constantly offer NEW challenges, so a large random element has to be in play. This effectively cuts out almost all story driven games. So lets see which games can be played (almost) indefinitely, while still offering something new:
Dwarf Fortress is an obvious contender. It randomly generates its world whenever you start a new game, it is an incredibly complex game that not only offers new challenges and things to do for the player, but its AI-driven characters always seem to come up with things so funny/stupid/clever that they can get a laugh out of people who don't even play the game (like the dwarf who decides to get a pair of socks that another dwarf dropped when it got scared by a carp, only to get scarped by the carp himself, and dropping his gloves in the process, or a pair of flaming imp-skin boots, which lights dwarves on fire when they try to wear them, but as dwarves only see "new boots" when the last owner dies, they decide to take them... only to burn to death when they put them on).
Required reading [http://lparchive.org/Dwarf-Fortress-Boatmurdered/]
Luckily there are graphics mods for this game.

Civilization 2 (gold): Alright, so civilization 4 might be the better game, but for nostalgia's sake, I have to put Civ2 here

Victoria: An empire under the sun: Play as any nation during the victorian era, and try to become number 1. Deep, complex, rewarding. Any of the main Paradox games could find a spot here, but Victoria is my favourite (Victoria 2 will probably take this spot when it gets its first expansion).

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Pokemon is a good one for me. I'm replaying Emerald right now. I never had a wall on my team, I was always on the offensive so now I'm changing my playstyle. Plus I'm playing through with pokemon I would never choose before so it's even better. P.S. It's not going so great.

Encentrik

Nov 11, 2011
reiem531 said:
Super Smash Bros. Melee, still play it with my friends almost every other weekend. Fucking awesome.
Throughout my senior year, we had a Gamecube with Melee in it... every time we had free periods or during lunch time, all we did was play Melee. Hell we even skipped first period classes to play it; it was awesome.

SmegInThePants

Feb 19, 2011
easy - roguelikes, and most of 'em are free, ya have to be able to get past the retro graphics though and ya can't be scared of a challenge. current roguelike i'm playing = 'dungeon crawl: stone soup', Minotaur Death Knight ftw. http://crawl.develz.org/wordpress/