WHich girl superhero would you choose to have a movie based off of them?

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
Skipper zammo said:
thaluikhain said:
Shoggoth2588 said:
I'd love to see a Huntress movie. Honestly though I don't know much about the character other than the fact that she's the daughter of Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle.
They changed that, now she's the daughter of a Sicilian mafia family.

Eddie the head said:
No offence dude, but I don't even read comic books and I know that Oracle is Batgirl. Maybe not in the new 52 or whatever they are calling it.
Not quite, Oracle was the first Batgirl, once she became paraplegic after being shot by the Joker, she stopped being a Batgirl, and later became Oracle. She got replaced by various other Batgirls.

With the exception of Cassandra Cain as Batgirl (and Huntress if you count her), none of the Batgirls have been as interesting as Oracle.

In the new 52, she never was Oracle, she went back to being Batgirl after recovering from her injury, and there never was any other Batgirls. Oracle, and later Batgirls have been erased.
The Batgirl series with Stephanie brown was one of my favourite comics (bloody reboot seems to have erased the character from existence).

A Wonder Woman movie needs to be made, it's insane it hasn't happened already.

I'd also really like to see a Misty knight movie.
Wow, You liked Stephanie Brown? She was so forgetable and... Well lame, really. Everyone said she shouldn't be a superhero, She didn't listen and then died. She only got brought back because they thought "Alright, it isn't Really fair to kill literally everyone Tim Drak ever loved, what did he do to deserve that?"

Skipper zammo

Oct 11, 2011
SpectacularWebHead said:
Skipper zammo said:
thaluikhain said:
Shoggoth2588 said:
I'd love to see a Huntress movie. Honestly though I don't know much about the character other than the fact that she's the daughter of Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle.

Eddie the head said:
No offence dude, but I don't even read comic books and I know that Oracle is Batgirl. Maybe not in the new 52 or whatever they are calling it.
Not quite, Oracle was the first Batgirl, once she became paraplegic after being shot by the Joker, she stopped being a Batgirl, and later became Oracle. She got replaced by various other Batgirls.

With the exception of Cassandra Cain as Batgirl (and Huntress if you count her), none of the Batgirls have been as interesting as Oracle.

In the new 52, she never was Oracle, she went back to being Batgirl after recovering from her injury, and there never was any other Batgirls. Oracle, and later Batgirls have been erased.
The Batgirl series with Stephanie brown was one of my favourite comics (bloody reboot seems to have erased the character from existence).

Wow, You liked Stephanie Brown? She was so forgetable and... Well lame, really. Everyone said she shouldn't be a superhero, She didn't listen and then died. She only got brought back because they thought "Alright, it isn't Really fair to kill literally everyone Tim Drak ever loved, what did he do to deserve that?"
I liked the art and writing in the series, what can I say? It was ground breaking or anything, I just thought it was a fun comic.

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
Skipper zammo said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
Skipper zammo said:
thaluikhain said:
Shoggoth2588 said:

Eddie the head said:

I liked the art and writing in the series, what can I say? It was ground breaking or anything, I just thought it was a fun comic.
Yeah, the art was good. I could never really get into her as a character, I'm more of a fan of Cassie Cain. 'Cept she went evil. Then she wasn't. Then she completly dissappeared....

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
Colour-Scientist said:
JimB said:
I'd like Wonder Woman to be a feminist icon, and her history of sexual segregation seems really misguided on that front.
Not to mention her retarded weakness.
I don't think Wonder Woman has a specific weakness any more beyond only being really tough and not full-on invulnerable.

Skipper zammo

Oct 11, 2011
SpectacularWebHead said:
Yeah, the art was good. I could never really get into her as a character, I'm more of a fan of Cassie Cain. 'Cept she went evil. Then she wasn't. Then she completly dissappeared....
Yeah, it also doesn't that I've found the new 52 Batgirl really rather disappointing. It's not terrible, but has Batgirl actually met a villain that didn't kick her arse in it at first?
Plus I still think she was a much more interesting character as Oracle.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
May Parker: Spider-Girl.

Not sure if I'd want Sony to give it a try, or if I'd prefer waiting for Marvel to get the Spider-Man license back... if that's ever going to happen.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
JimB said:
I don't think Wonder Woman has a specific weakness any more beyond only being really tough and not full-on invulnerable.
If a man tied her hands she became powerless, that's pretty specific.

dreadedcandiru99

Apr 13, 2009
kaylormonkey said:
Squirrel Girl [http://marvel.com/universe/Squirrel_Girl], the best superhero ever created.
You know, I bet a Pixar movie about Squirrel Girl could work. And I don't think it's impossible, since Disney owns both Pixar and Marvel now...

Nerexor

Mar 23, 2009
Powergirl! Because boobs!

Just kidding. I think Batgirl could be interesting if handled properly (i.e. NOT the way they did in Batman & Robin).

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Most of my favorites are all team-based characters unfortunately. D:

Kikyoo

Apr 16, 2008
Hawk girl? The middling amount of power and Anit magic mace could make for an interesting and varied movie, AND her background could set up a interesting plot where she struggles with duty over loyalty and such.
Aside from that I'd be down with a movie about Lady Sif, or Psylocke.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Eleuthera said:
Rose and Thorn (that's one character with 2 names), especially if they use the 2004 miniseries. http://www.comicvine.com/rose-thorn/49-11032/
That's a good idea, yeah.

CrashBang said:
Barbara Gordon's story would be a brilliant one to tell in a movie. Batgirl to Oracle with a support cast of Batman, Robin and the Joker, with Gail Simone writing it.
Also, this.

With the proviso that Simone is writing it, they don 't give it to someone like Whedon.

Navvan

Feb 3, 2011
kaylormonkey said:
Squirrel Girl [http://marvel.com/universe/Squirrel_Girl], the best superhero ever created.
I can not believe this character actually exists. Just looking at the wiki article on her makes me smile. Especially this part

She devises a plan and uses her ability to communicate with squirrels through an open air vent as the ship passes over a forest. Hundreds of squirrels answer her call and flood Doom's ship, chewing through the wires and swamping the evil dictator with their furry bodies, causing Doom to exclaim: "Confound these wretched rodents! For every one I fling away, a dozen more vex me!"

Amazing

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I'd like a film about either Witchblade or the Scarletwitch...

In fact a movie about Magneto's kids could be rather cool! And Witchblade would make an awesome dark gritty action flick! :p

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Thoren, Thoran... however her name is spelled, Torunn. The daughter of Thor.

She was in the movie with all the sons and daughters of the Avengers. But a movie for herself would be fun.