Which Language Do You Wish You Spoke?

Kitteh

Mar 31, 2010
German, then punch him until he grants me French, ect. until i know all of them EVER.

joebthegreat

Nov 23, 2010
I make a smart ass comment and die.

But assuming I don't, then I'd learn Spanish, because it's useful to know in America (But you'd have to explicitly state the MEXICAN version, as I hear that a lot of the language is different between Mexico and Spain).

havass

Dec 15, 2009
Latin. Just because.

Practically, though, I'd choose Japanese/Korean. Just because it'll be useful when watching animes/shows. And they're fun.

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
There's a list of 5 I really want to add to my repertoire:

French: So I can finally go to grad school for European history and work my way towards a professorship
Arabic: Useful for my more realistic career path, given my major in college
Chinese: As others said, handy business language for the near future
Russian: Because it has always intrigued me
Irish (Gaelige): It is intriguing like Russian, but sounds a lot cooler

But I have no idea which one of the five I would pick.

EDIT: I am already semi-fluent in Spanish and know at least some German and Japanese.

thahat

Apr 23, 2008
russian.
i think ww3 will hit in our lifetime, and if us from the netherlands are to have any survivability chance what so ever, we should side with the russians. regardless of what the americans pick XD ( our leaders usualy go 'follow the leader leader leader follow the leader.. @ america >.<'

DethVanXan

Arch Inquisitor
Nov 23, 2009
Afrikaans.
It's probably the least romantic sounding language around, but sounds so cool, plus it's a dying language that I feel needs to be preserved.

After that is Russian (I think cyrillic is awesome), then German for more or less the same first reason.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Probably French.

Though if I could speak French, German, Russian and Italian, I could converse with at least a significant portion of the people in the parts of the world that I would actually choose to visit.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Mandarin. Albeit I'd like to know how to properly read written Japanese. 2200 regularly used hieroglyphics, used in co-ordination to represent over 98'000 individual concepts ....

I suppose it's still easier than simplified Mandarin <.<

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Cid SilverWing said:
Japanese.

Colorful and makes anything sound epic.
I'd love to run into a room and scream "I just took a HUUUGGE SHIT!!" in Japanese. It'd be epic sounding, which is why I'd also pick Japanese.

llew

Sep 9, 2009
Welsh because i am and cant speak the bloody language, Japanese because it sounds epic or Russian because the russians are awesome and in the event they take over the world i can pass off as a russian long enough to get the fuck out of where ever i am

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
French or Spanish cuz they interest me and I also think they sound kinda sexy.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Japanese because I like the sound of it; French so that I could get a good grade.