Which Language Do You Wish You Spoke?

Frungy

Feb 26, 2009
I already speak, read and write English, Afrikaans and Japanese, and know enough French and Italian to get by, plus enough Gaelic to swear (I mean what else would you use it for?).

I'd probably go for Mandarin Chinese, although it seems a bit of a waste since a lot of the Japanese and Chinese kanji (pictograms) overlap, so perhaps I'd go for Russian because it just sounds badass.

Korean is also on my to-do list in the next couple of years, right after Chinese and Russian.

P.S. Japanese doesn't sound as cool as you think. It just sounds cool because all the anime voice actors are 1 in a million people especially trained to sound cool. It's like judging English by the English you've heard from trained Hollywood actors.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Either Russian, Japanese, or Spanish. I am taking College Spanish right now and am bad at it.

Meestor Pickle

Jul 29, 2010
Binary, it would be really funny.

But in honesty probably German\Russian simply because they sound cool.

(No one has said it yet?!?! Fine, Klingon...someone had to.)

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
Japanese so I can play ALL the games that get released instead of just American games (most non-english non-japanese games get a US release)

Capt. Crankypants

Jan 6, 2010
Really depends. I'm SO happy to have English as a primary language, but I'd like to learn Italian (because it sounds beautiful and I might want to go there, and my favourite football team is Milan), but sometimes I think maybe Russian, or Finnish (because I'm half Finnish)

logiman

Aug 8, 2008
Japanese.

That would impress anybody outside of Japan lol + all the anime/manga benefits

Sep 9, 2010
Thai, cause thats my girlfriends native language. It would be so mmuch easier if I could speak Thai. And it bugs the hell out of me when her friends are sying things about me on facebook and I can't understand them...

mythtech

Oct 16, 2010
German cos it the angriest/scariest language ever or arabic because it would be useful considering i go to the army basic training in about a month as an infantry man from a country with soldiers in afganistan

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
It's difficult to pick one. Either Russian, Spanish or French. I'll say Russian.

vivalahelvig

Jun 4, 2009
Why has noone said Polish? I mean, it's so awesome, noone would know what you were speaking(unless your in poland) till you told them! Russian, German, and Japanese are so over used, and chinese is the only really useful one, why not use a language of a Eastern European bloc country?