Which meme would you get rid of?

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
Yeah, Dolan gets pretty high on this list. They're just offensive. Offensive =/= funny. It can be, but this just... isn't.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
ToastiestZombie said:
Yep, that's why I always love it when 4chan's /b/ trolls new members and kids who shouldn't be on there. Including the image that says if you search "lolita" into a site called imagefap.com they'll be able to fap like crazy. Whenever it's posted, a bunch of new members who have no idea what they're doing and think being on /b/ is "cool" and "rebellious" do it, then see a big warning saying you have been recorded as a pedophile and the FBI shall be coming to apprehend you soon.
That one makes me laugh! Seeing a thread full of 13 year olds panicking about being arrested for CP, followed by more people telling them they can fix the problem by deleting system 32 or taking a magnet to their "tacking strip" near the hard drive so the FBI can't find them x D

I might have fallen for that one if not for the fact that I know what loli means, and the fact that I wouldn't take random advice from anyone from that site to begin with.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Dangit2019 said:
ToastiestZombie said:
Dangit2019 said:
This girl I sit next to during IT class put a random troll face with the caption "LOL U JUST GOT TROLLED!" on her crappy powerpoint maze game which we had to make (goddamn I hate English IT classes). I saw this, and decided to make a game that's so incredibly frustrating and devilishly weird you just had to get mad playing it. I didn't mention trolling whatever, and I made the game look as innocent as possible. Basically, you had to put your mouse over a tiny few pixel area square in the corner to actually win, if you scrolled over the box that said "Finish" it just took you back to the start. Lets just say, when the bastard played the game she become enraged!
You, sir, deserve a medal. That's some old school trolling.
Oh yeah, the icing on the cake. The background of the actual game was a clip art picture of a monkey laughing at you zooming in and out. Also, the cherry on the icing on the cake was the fact that when you actually won and got to the winning screen it told you to go to the next slide to get your prize. She clicked, and the blue screen of death came up (copied and pasted) causing her to start panicking then getting mad at me causing the teacher to come over and see what was going on. He clicked again, and it went to the normal end of slideshow screen. She was very, very mad.

liquidsolid

Feb 18, 2011
PreviouslyPwned said:
liquidsolid said:
#YOLO has got to go. The phrase has become a way to justify poor judgement. "Oh well I know I shouldn't drink and drive but..YOLO swag" Crashes car, kills puppy. End of story.
Isn't YOLO just Carpe Diem for idiots?
Sort of, Jack Black put it that way. Carpe Diem is about living for the moment (or near future) and putting as little trust as possible in the future. YOLO, you only live once, used to defend doing something ranging from mild to extreme stupidity. Carpe Diem is often used as Senior Quotes and YOLO is used by 'trendy' people on twitter or facebook.

So yes, YOLO is Carpe Diem for people who don't actually understand Carpe Diem or Epicurus.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
PreviouslyPwned said:
Yeah, now I really want to say to somebody saying it ...

Dangit2019 said:
omega 616 said:
I don't know if it's a meme per se but that one where it basically repeats it's self ...

Such as "hateful comment is hateful" ... well no shit! Hateful comment is pleasant just doesn't make sense.
So basically, you hate tautology used as a joke?
From what I understand tautology would be like saying "hateful comment is loathsome" using a synonym to reinforce the message ... I could be wrong though.

Either way I still hate it, maybe it's just being a lazy **** but reading "hateful comment is hateful" is just a waste of time!

You know when you read something but don't actually take it in, so you read it again and maybe even again till you have read the same passage a few times ... it gets irritating, this reminds me of that.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
I'm going to say Yolo, it's the only one that really bothers me. I mean hasn't the phrase you only live once, always been around and what it becomes popular because it's now an acronym fuck that.

PreviouslyPwned said:
liquidsolid said:
#YOLO has got to go. The phrase has become a way to justify poor judgement. "Oh well I know I shouldn't drink and drive but..YOLO swag" Crashes car, kills puppy. End of story.
I agree with this, Yolo is Carpe Diem for idiots.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
I don't have a problem with them. They're easy to load up, so if they're not funny it's nothing to cry home about.

I just think that people are going really far out of their way to make up new ones which somehow catch on even though they have no business of catching on.

And fuck cat pictures. I like Reddit, but when I see a picture of a cat on the front page, I'll downvote. If it's a gif that takes forever to load, I'll leave a nasty comment that no one cares for.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
The ?Aliens guy on History Channel?, ?One does not simply walk into Mordor?, ?Joseph Kony?, ?Xzibit?, and ?fried chicken/watermelon black stereotype image macro? memes.

Actually, most of them. They?re not fucking funny and have become overused.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
All of them...

Seriously they're unfunny and just plain annoying, reaction images when used well are good, memes for the sake of memes are just a nuisance. Especially when they appear on my Facebook homepage liked by girls who think they're "Lol so Nerdy"

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
Ldude893 said:
Dolan. Just...Dolan.
But without Dolan, Bogs Binny would have never been born!

And i would get rid of none of them.

There are many i don't find funny, but then somebody else probably does. I Frekkin Love memes me :3

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
"Memes" in general just make me think of a guy walking around saying "WAAAAZZUUUUUP?" to everybody he knows five years after the commercial went off the air.

I mean, Nyan Cat was funny in a stupid sort of way. The first few variations on the video were funny. Now that every song in existence has that damn cat running to it on a video somewhere, it has somehow lost its charm.

Wolf In A Bear Suit

Jun 2, 2012
YOLO is such a stupid phrase. Lets use YOLO to justify backflipping off a building into a pile of used needles . Despite living once you're probably going to die sooner with that philosophy. Also YOLO must really annoy Buddhists =P

lukey94

Sep 2, 2008
Bad luck Brian and the Ridiculously Photogenic Guy.

BLB is just overused to the point where I want to put my fist through the screen. And the same happened with RPG, and he isn't even THAT good looking!

Also I don't get why a long not-at-all-funny post is then made acceptable by a JPEG of a Potato .... -.-

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
trollpwner said:
Spoiler the image bro! Also, it's not here yet, but it'll come. Even though MLP isn't a meme, it's pretty much a whole social group now. The size of bronies is simply mind boggling, and just because it originated on 4chan and was a mere meme once does NOT mean it's one now.

JamesStone

If it ain't broken, get to work
Jun 9, 2010
Dolan. Other people have said it before and I'll say it again. That meme is stuppidly upsetting and it show have never existed. It's an abomination.

RustlessPotato

Aug 17, 2009
I don't mind Memes as much, but what I do hate is when people use the word "le". You see them a lot in rage comics :" le awesomely drawn bed", "le mobile" etc.. A friend of mine got into 9gag like a year ago and started using le before anything, as in when we shake hands, he'd say "le handshake". After I told him I was going to place my le fist in to his le face, he stopped doing it.