Which meme would you get rid of?

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Wolf In A Bear Suit said:
YOLO is such a stupid phrase. Lets use YOLO to justify backflipping off a building into a pile of used needles . Despite living once you're probably going to die sooner with that philosophy. Also YOLO must really annoy Buddhists =P
As someone who consumed a can of coke that had been blessed by buddhists, I feel the need to take their side. YOLO must die.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
EternalFacepalm said:
Kodlak said:
Agreed, although they have demonstrated memetic theory (in a way).
I'm not saying they don't demonstrate memetic theory, they most certainly do. The problem is that now, rather than meme being associated with the memetic theory, it's associated with cats saying retarded shit.

It just annoys me that the word has lost all actual meaning. If I as much as mention memes, people either insult me for enjoying Internet memes (which I don't, for the most part), or they start going on about how awesome 9GAG is. It's just a sad affair.
I think it's kind of nifty that the word 'meme' is now, in itself, a meme.

namhorFnodroG

Nov 2, 2011
Problem?, Haters gonna hate, You mad bro?, Cool story bro. Just any meme that is... How would you say...? Would actually fit in to a conversation in any kind. I'm just sick and tierd when people respond with "Problem?", or any other memes, right in the middle of a conversation. It isn't funny in any way at all, It's old, and people just get angry when they do.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
*ctrl+f "all of them"*

*7 results overall so far*

I feel clairvoyant.

Anyway, none. I find lots of them funny, and the idea of depriving people of fun based on personal taste seems stupid as hell to me. Like the people who claim certain bands should split up, apparently not caring about the people who actually enjoy them.

felbot

May 11, 2011
like most people say all of them, except possibly for that whole facebook girl one, i still hate people like that so its always to laugh at them.

Greni

Jun 19, 2011
Fragmented_Faith said:
I still want to know for Dolan made if off of 4chan.
Are you ok mate? You don't sound so good.

And why all the hate for Dolan? He's done nothing wrong.

OT: Milhouse.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
ToastiestZombie said:
trollpwner said:
Spoiler the image bro! Also, it's not here yet, but it'll come. Even though MLP isn't a meme, it's pretty much a whole social group now. The size of bronies is simply mind boggling, and just because it originated on 4chan and was a mere meme once does NOT mean it's one now.

Nah, there won't be any MLP meme hate. You've got your own section so no-one apart from MLP fans see them.

OT: None, really. Maybe Dolan but I can live with that one.
Just.

Wolf In A Bear Suit

Jun 2, 2012
Binnsyboy said:
YOLO is such a stupid phrase. Lets use YOLO to justify backflipping off a building into a pile of used needles . Despite living once you're probably going to die sooner with that philosophy. Also YOLO must really annoy Buddhists =P
As someone who consumed a can of coke that had been blessed by buddhists, I feel the need to take their side. YOLO must die.
How did it taste? They could really market that as Coke Karma

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Binnsyboy said:
How did it taste? They could really market that as Coke Karma
Pretty damn delicious. Some cans of coke come off more satisfying than others, and that was certainly a good one.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
trollpwner said:
ToastiestZombie said:
Spoiler the image bro! Also, it's not here yet, but it'll come. Even though MLP isn't a meme, it's pretty much a whole social group now. The size of bronies is simply mind boggling, and just because it originated on 4chan and was a mere meme once does NOT mean it's one now.
How many of us are there? The facebook group has only 17,600 members and I don't know how many poncyhcan members there are. Have you got any idea?
Dude, we're in the millions. If Equestria Daily is anything to go by, seeing as it's gotten fucking over 500 million views! There's a lot of us, probably much more than most smaller religions.

jbm1986

May 18, 2012
geK0 said:
Rage comics and Dolan.

I find meme sites to be obnoxious in general. Memes just seem so forced, and it sort of seems to defeat the purpose.
Some rage comics I can deal with. Dolan needs to go and die(inb4 "gooby plz" and any variation thereof)

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Pretty much most of them. Every rage face-esque thing to come out of Funnyjunk, 9gag and other such buttfuckery, especially. Hell, I don't think any consistently funny memes have arisen in a long time.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
jbm1986 said:
geK0 said:
Rage comics and Dolan.

I find meme sites to be obnoxious in general. Memes just seem so forced, and it sort of seems to defeat the purpose.
Some rage comics I can deal with. Dolan needs to go and die(inb4 "gooby plz" and any variation thereof)
Sometimes I'll stumble upon a rage comic that I'll find funny, but everytime I do, I think "that would have been funnier if it wasn't drawn as a rage comic" hell, stick figures would be better!

As for Dolan, I've yet to find one of those funny.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
liquidsolid said:
#YOLO has got to go. The phrase has become a way to justify poor judgement. "Oh well I know I shouldn't drink and drive but..YOLO swag" Crashes car, kills puppy. End of story.
This was my first thought as well, even if, or maybe because, it often bleeds into life outside the internet. It's stupid, and whoever uses it to justify something retarded deserves to get punched in the throat.

I kinda like Dolan though =(

jbm1986

May 18, 2012
geK0 said:
jbm1986 said:
geK0 said:
Rage comics and Dolan.

Sometimes I'll stumble upon a rage comic that I'll find funny, but everytime I do, I think "that would have been funnier if it wasn't drawn as a rage comic" hell, stick figures would be better!

As for Dolan, I've yet to find one of those funny.
Yeah, the Dolan ones kinda rustle my jimmies

Puzzlenaut

Mar 11, 2011
"Memes" like this one:
The coloured background ones that are trying so desperately to be memes.

People need to get it into their heads: its not a meme if you try to make it a meme. A meme should just sort of... happen. I hate to sound like some grumbling old guy like "memes were better in my day", but they really were; I feel like the idea of a meme got too... well, too mainstream, essentially, and now people on 9Gag and Reddit constantly try to manufacture memes, thus entirely missing the point of a meme in the first place.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
WhySoElitist said:
I was recently on 9gag when I saw yet another joseph decreaux meme (http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/4457850_460s.jpg)i personally think this meme is never funny. So i ask you escapist, which meme would you get rid of?
9gag and meme overuse sheeeet son what are you going to tell us next water is wet?
OT
all of ,em especially rage comics let,s start with a clean slate the least we can do is take memeing sites down to prevent overuse/misuse.