Which superhero movie next?

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I know Joss Whedon is still trying to do a Wonder Woman movie and I think I heard that he was gonna cast Cobie Smulders as Diana.

Ever since I heard that I haven't been able to get the idea of it out of my head and I want to see it.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Realitycrash said:
J03bot said:
rdaleric said:
He's not really a super hero, but i still have my fingers crossed for Neil Gaiman's Sandman
Eugh, no. Maybe a TV series, but films would be bad. It's too slow moving and bizarre to work as a film series. Go the Game of Thrones route with it, and I'd be happy, though.

Can Captain Quark get a film? That'd be awesome.
Eh? You can make a Harry-Potter thing out of Sandman, having it composed of several films.

But..Yeeeaah..A series would probably be better. And oh, Lucifer would be in it (and he would look like god-damn David Bowie, and noone fucking else) and thus I would cream in my pants.
You could, but it would have to be about 20 films in order to make any sense. And that's still cutting out all of the side-stories.
A TV series, though... One season per story arc, hour long episodes, and you're golden

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Lionsfan1986 said:
alrekr said:
How about Superman: Red Son; you know that one where superman landed in the Soviet Union instead of USA.

I agree with him, but that would be very hard to do. I would rather see them do a movie on True Brit that would awesome and you could keep the guy they going to use in the New Superman movie!
I forgot about Red Sun, and yes, it needs to be made. Only problem the fact that they'd be seeing Superman as a communist...

Aetera

Jan 19, 2011
As many other people have said: DEADPOOL. PLEASE.

Ryan Reynolds has been pushing for an accurate, fourth wall breaking, scarred, wise-cracking, full costume Deadpool movie for a while. The guy has been a huge Deadpool fan for about over 10 years now, and is really dedicated towards making it as accurate as possible.

I want this to happen SO BADLY. Deadpool is my favorite comic character ever.

"I think if you're going to do it it would have to be 100% faithful to its origins. I mean, to stay as true to the source material is possible is the only way to do it, and I say that because there is nothing more interesting than the source material of Deadpool. I mean, there is no reason to deviate from that."

LINK! [http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/05/05/exclusive-deadpool-solo-movie-confirmed-ryan-reynolds-attached-to-wolverine-spin-off/]

Danik93

Aug 11, 2009
LFC Scouser said:
How about deadpool that would be awesome
A Deadpool movie is on the way! due in 2014

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1431045/fullcredits#writers

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
JWRosser said:
Thespian said:
V for Vendetta: The Good Version
Really? V for Vendetta is one of my favourite films.

I think the Civil War story arc would be awesome, but it's a lot to cram into 2 hours, and I reckon if they made a film of it it would suck. Maybe a series consisting of hour long episodes or something...?
It was okay. It had some cool scenes, and translated some parts really well, but... It missed the point. In my eyes, anyway. But I absolutely loved the comic, and, well... The movie was more aimless. It didn't know what it wanted to say.

And they ruined Evey Hammond D:

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
LFC Scouser said:
Crazy_Dude said:
Hardcore R rated Deadpool movie.

It would be so good if done well.
Llil said:
balladofangels85 said:
Vincent Chase already did an Aquaman movie. It was very well done.
I just looked that up and it seems it did pretty well. (Why is this the first time I hear of the movie?) EDIT: Wait! That was a fictional movie? So that's why I haven't heard of it... I feel dumb.

And if a Deadpool movie ever gets made, it better be R rated!
balladofangels85 said:
Llil said:
The Cadet said:
LFC Scouser said:
OH GOD SO MUCH WANT. IIRC, Deadpool's superhuman abilities are threefold: basically infinite regeneration, an incredibly sadistic sense of humor, and the ability to break the fourth wall (seriously, his MvC3 ultra has him whacking the opponent around with his fucking health and super bars!). That would be amazing.
And they could have a foreign character just so Deadpool can hit them with their subtitles.

Also, Aquaman?
I have heard a rumor that Ryan Reynolds wants his own dead pool movie.
Vincent Chase already did an Aquaman movie. It was very well done.
Personally, I would like to see a movie or movies based on the Civil War comics.
There is already a finished script, a director and Reynolds is already signed to play the lead. There's not a whole lot that can stop the Deadpool movie at this point.

faceless chick

Sep 19, 2009
wonder woman?

i mean, come on!
the greatest super-heroine ever and nothing decent starring her?
is she really that hard to write as a character?

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I'm dubious about all the people calling Deadpool, because the 4th wall breaks would be awful in film. Really, really awful. Plus I've never much cared for the character either.

I'd love another Blade film but that might be tricky considering Wesley Snipes is in prison. Or maybe a She-Hulk film, because It would be good to get a female superhero movie that was any good and I think She-Hulk is probably one of the best.

DoubleTime

Apr 23, 2010
Andothul said:
Justice league! and screw Hal Jordan get Jon Stewart for Green Lantern!

A live action Green Lantern - Hawkgirl romance would be interesting and awesome
Yes! I've always loved the Hawkgirl from Justice League. I think a movie with her would help bring more strong female figures into film, especially if she had the others to play off of. I know I'd audition!

(Obvious aspiring actress, lol.)

theironbat46

Aug 19, 2009
Get the rights back to Marvel, and reboot Fantastic Four. With Adrian Brody as Mr. Fantastic, a GOOD actress as invisible woman. The thing was fine, and so was human torch, but now that chris evans is Cap they will need someone else.

Also, if they don't make a sequel to GL, Ryan Reynolds can do DeadPool, a role he is actually fit for.