Which video game franchise do you think has the least pleasant fanbase?

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
The Fallout fanbase can be bad. It is like a civil war with the fans of the older games hating the newer fans and the new fans not caring about the old games thinking that old=crap. I am in the minority and like the old and new fallout games (except Brotherhood of Steel.)

Still I like Fallout and use NMA, Anyone remember when people on NMA called out Extra Credits on its "flaws" with Fallout: New Vegas and people here went crazy because not everyone shares their opinion? Just because lots of members of NMA didn't like 3 and liked New Vegas doesn't mean they are trolls.

Magicmad5511

May 26, 2011
I'm going CoD. Screeching 11 year olds down a mic complaining that you killed them.
I know this happens everywhere but I know its most well known in this one.

Really there aren't that many good gaming fanbases. They're all pretty annoying. I try to steer clear and just enjoy a game, while distancing myself from the fanbase.

bluerocker

Queen of Cockblocking and Misery
Sep 22, 2011
The Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts fanbases. *Shivers* bad fanart, bad fic and crazy fans abound

ipop@you

Oct 3, 2008
Well I was going to say Portal for -I believe it was Yahtzee's- the reason that, even though everyone knows the joke and it isn't anywhere near as funny as it used to be, a certain gateau cannot be mentioned without implied falsehoods.
After reading some other answers though I'd have to agree with either CoD, TF2 or the elite WoW raiders (I raid now and then but they look down on anyone not coloured purple).

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
MMO crowd..
Whenever someone kills you they point out how bad you are at the game, and ofcourse my gear and lvl has nothing to do with the fact that i died from 2 hits.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Call of Duty, Minecraft, Sonic the Hedgehog, Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts, Portal, World of Warcraft, Dota/LOL/HON, and Fallout.

Those are the main culprits in my opinion.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
Ordinaryundone said:
JesterRaiin said:
No Mutants Allowed and you know the rest.
This. I remember a quote from a Something Awful forum "All of the 'normal people' are no longer part of the 'Fallout Community'. They just like the games. The 'Fallout Community' have been refined and distilled into glittering gems of hatred."

And its true. I'm beginning to wonder if the "true" Fallout these guys worship ever actually existed, or if it was just some group misconception that has developed into a messianic ideal.
That would be surprising. Those, uhhhhhhhhhhh, men are, were and always will be followers of non-existent illusion only they are chosen to perceive. :|

How sad. How sad indeed...

Maleval

Feb 2, 2011
The more popular the game, the worst the fanbase. It's GIFT [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GIFT] on a massive scale. So the question you need to ask is which franchise is the most popular and you will know the most vile and horrific fanbase imaginable. I'll make a guess of Console FPS (judging by the sales numbers CoD specifically) and the PC MOBA games (I'm a LoL player, there are reportedly 32 million of us, so LoL it is then).

dickywebster

Jul 11, 2011
Id say cod does, while the halo one can be worse, they will for the most part at least play other games without just dismissing them, which ive seen way to many cod fans do.
Oh and ive had more cod fans give me abuse for only considering their series average than from halo fans.

BishopofAges

Sep 15, 2010
I'm going to go ahead and nix the 'franchise' part, and say any fanbrat who believes in their franchise 'the best' enough to forsake all others. The kind that damn even the smallest nay-sayers to a firey death. Those types who cannot find the good in other games just because its not their obsession, they have to be despised for their ignorance.

amppi1236

Jul 27, 2009
Basically any fanbase that think they're the greatest and the smartest and that all the ones who aren't part of their particular cult are inferior. I've had it with every single person telling me that I'm the stupidest on the planet because I'm not part of their little group.

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
The stereotypical ones to choose would be Halo, CoD and maybe Sonic, but I'm going to say League of Legends based off what my most trusted friends say. They too have played the Halo and CoD games a lot, so I assume they have a good understanding.

David Bjur

Hazy sucks, Daystar Moreso
Nov 21, 2011
w9496 said:
Just because everybody else is naming off first-person-shooters, I'm going to say The Elder Scrolls. I literally can't go anywhere on the internet(even xbox live) without hearing about Skyrim, or how much I suck because I don't play Skyrim
^This. The The Elder Scrolls trolls as I would like to call them, and it seems you have met them, are blind, irritating and igonrant since to them it makes sense to use the word 'dragons' as a argument when they try to convince people to spend their already spent money on Skryrim and it makes sense to them to say that "...to get the full experience and to tie everything together you'll have to come up with a own backstory" even though it doesn't make sense why YOU should do it if Bethesda hasn't.
Sorry for my bad English.

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
Stubee said:
TF2

You have to be pretty fanboyish to be still playing a game that old and the fans come off a bit creepy as well.
I don't understand how someone has to be a fanboy to enjoy playing an old game? Not everybody likes the latest games, and certain older games may have a greater appeal for them.