WHITE GUY DEFENSE FORCE GO!

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
Thank the gods that someone else finally sees this whole thing as stupid! I'm sick of having to argue against "well, why do you have to have more female characters? Why do you have to identify with your character? I mean, I've never had a problem with identifying with any of the massive majority of white male characters, so why can't you?"

I mean, seriously. You'd think this would be obvious. Now I want to print this comic and plaster it on the walls of my house. On everyone's house. Then we can all laugh merrily.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
lacktheknack said:
verdant monkai said:
I understand this is aimed primarily at racists, but why does this comic hate its audience so much?
Does this comic have a massive contingency of White Defendents?

No?

Then how does it hate it's audience? That... doesn't follow at all.
You know just regularly going after stuff that is commonly associated with guys in geek culture.

not so much racism but:-

Wearing Fedoras
being a Brony
carrying a few extra pounds
liking tits
wanting a better end for ME3
Evangellion

The first three are in the comic and aren't directly insulted, but by associating them with the defence force, its showing that they correlate these things with shit people. Please dont blow my words out of proportion and think I'm trying to say CM hate all fat people. I get that Cm is trying to create ironic near the kunckle humour by mocking certain elements of the culture. Its just that I think sometimes it goes too far and end up being kind of mean via splash damage.

I guess I just miss the critical miss which was about a girl who saw videogame characters. Rather than the constant splurge of geek culture hate it is right now.
There was a story ark where Erin almost had a relationship with Link, then there was some foreshadowing of an evil younger Erin. Then there was a strip about how wanting a new end to ME3 was entitled, and CM sort of became shit from then on.

I only look at it every week in the seemingly vain hope it may become an story again.

Shingro

Oct 4, 2007
Scrumpmonkey said:
I'm rushing out and starting a kickstarter right now for all the people got getting the joke in this thread. With your help and a little money we can make the world a better place and buy these poor people a sense of humor.
One of the stretch goals could be a sense of perspective so you can recognize how condescending and awful that post makes you sound. :\

J_Russell

Aug 22, 2013
Anyone who has a problem whit this web comic is just a bigoted straight white male. As a gamer, hopefully microsoft will use the new kinect cameras to detect straight white males and both keep them from playing with other races and genders online and prevent them from playing games where they might harm people of other races and genders, as well as prevent them from playing as female or transgender characters, as that can be construed as a form of rape. Only when they are segregated from the rest of society will their hateful bigoted rape culture end.

Aug 1, 2010
TopazFusion said:
Heh, well even the best forecasters can be wrong occasionally.
[spoiler/][img/]http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd509/QuickDEMOL1SHER/d46dc2f352406f85bdda0b50fbd011e9.png[/img][/spoiler]

Or not

OT:
Heh, not bad.

A tad on the mean spirited side, but funny nonetheless.

Also, you HAD to know what this was going to cause. I mean the title alone guaranteed AT LEAST 6 pages of posts...

EDIT: Oh and the hypothetical presented at the beginning is a bit more of an actual issue than you make it out to be. Fox can be identified with because he's so alien, the similar bits emphasized. A protagonist with a different skin color and/or culture than the average gamer is so similar, the few bits that are different cause a bigger problem. Sort of an uncanny valley effect. There are PLENTY of exceptions of course, but like almost everything in the world, it isn't a black and white issue. Just something to consider. Also pun completely intended.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Trilligan said:
Ukomba said:
I've never heard anyone try to make that point.
Bill O'Reilly and several others at Fox News went on and on about how black people were the predominant instigators of violence and crime for at least a week after the Zimmerman trial was done.
I think you missed the point of what many people were talking about (not just the Fox News crowd).

The point they were trying to make is that 90% of blacks are murdered by other blacks (this is not unusual, people are usually murdered by people of their own race or ethnicity), yet you never hear a word about it from the likes of Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson. But when one black is killed by a white (we'll just call him 'white' for the purpose of this argument) suddenly everyone acts as if there is a massive epidemic of crazed white vigilantes running around killing black people. My good friend (who is about as 'progressive' as one can be) said it best: 'I think it's disgusting that Trayvon Martin is dead, but I think it's more disgusting that 8 black people were killed in south Chicago just this last weekend, and no one seems to care."

wAriot

Jan 18, 2013
J_Russell said:
Anyone who has a problem whit this web comic is just a bigoted straight white male. As a gamer, hopefully microsoft will use the new kinect cameras to detect straight white males and both keep them from playing with other races and genders online and prevent them from playing games where they might harm people of other races and genders, as well as prevent them from playing as female or transgender characters, as that can be construed as a form of rape. Only when they are segregated from the rest of society will their hateful bigoted rape culture end.
7/10, made me chuckle. The name gave it away though.
Next time use Microsoft? and Kinect? and it will be even funnier.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Lunar Templar said:
Daystar Clarion said:
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Daystar Clarion said:
So why are you still here?

If there's one thing worse than what you accuse this place of being, is sticking around just to tell everyone how mean they are and how they need to take people's feelings into account.
I can only speak for myself but I share his opinion on the forums at the moment. Right now the thing that keeps me coming back is some of the user groups, which have good communities.

From time to time I go back to the forums and usually it doesn't take long for me to regret that. Right now I'm here because I'm fucking hungry and I'm trying to kill time until the gulasch is ready though.
To be honest, I haven't been venturing into the forums either, but that's because nobody can take a fucking joke any more.

User Groups are a god send.
I've noticed this to. When did this site lose its sense of humor, or the ability to detect satire or sarcasm? >.> Would a pegan sacrifice bring it back? I know where goats are, could get one going by early evening.
I remember those old golden days when I could make a joke about burning transsexual black babies and people would just give me weird looks while shuffling past me awkwardly instead of pulling me into a shitstorm of tolerance, correctness and Sarkessians. Where did they go? ;_;

Course some people probably fondly remember the days when I wasn't here to shit up the site. Just the natural cycle of an internet forum I guess, though this ones decline has been rather sharp.
I was talking about the time when the site on the whole was more 'fun' and kept the 'activism' in 'religion and politics' section in stead of posting it in 'off topic' where I have to sort through it and its clones to find a thread about something I care about.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Phrozenflame500 said:
Happy 500th post everyone! And you guys thought this was too self-aware to start a flamewar about.
Self-awareness means nothing anymore. It's rather tragic, really.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Maiev Shadowsong said:
Satire only works when you don't actually shit all over the people you are pretending not to.
What.

Uhm.

Have you ever read "A Modest Proposal", the benchmark for satire?

In it, Jonathan Swift straight up attacks every political writer and politician for not doing a damn thing about the starving citizens of Ireland. "Oh, you want a perfect answer to the problem of British diplomacy, do you? How about this: We cut the British out entirely and just start breeding children to eat? They taste absolutely delicious, you know, you inept, whinging twats."

And before you quote me telling me I know nothing: No. That's literally the entire reason he wrote the damn thing in the first place. Ask literally any English professor.

Or how about "Animal Farm", one of the most well known satires, which straight up calls Communists the most evil group of greedy pigs in existence and dedicates its entire story to building them up to be the most awful people in existence?

No, the "harmless" satire you're thinking of is called "toothless satire", and it's almost always incompetent bunk. You need a villain, an actual source of conflict, and by the very nature of satire, that villain has to be someone real.

So... you're entirely wrong.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
So can the people complaining about Tome Cruise in the new Ronin movie be called racists now?

And with the "all male cast" making some conservative statements that white conservative women make as well on Fox News. You're targets reek of tumblr blogging and your exclusion of white women as part of the problem is just asking for #solidarityisforwhitewomen

DataSnake

Aug 5, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
Trayvon was out buying skittles and Arizona that could be used to make the drug trayvon was texting about.

Lets not kid ourselves saying its "little timmy out with his friends on a play date."
Well that certainly justifies killing him, doesn't it?

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
I uh...

No. This is just getting weird. And

Really, lately the safest course of action around here simply seems to be that.