WHITE GUY DEFENSE FORCE GO!

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
This comic just makes me think of the old Family Guy cut-way joke.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
nuba km said:
Also it took three pages for a shit storm to start brewing, that is pretty impressive.
Of course, another way to look at it is that it took about two hours.

Which kinda makes it seem less impressive.

OT: Why the fat beta guy gotta be the one with the pony plush? That's just stereotyping! I'm done with Critical Miss 4evar!!!

[sub][sub]Can I find a way to make it more obvious that I'm kidding?[/sub][/sub]

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Imp Emissary said:
I think you may be right. Most people are just saying how there is going to be a real big shitstorm. And yet, so far other then everyone saying "Ohs no. Shitstorm!", most seem to be happy about the comic.

You may yet not be wrong.
I suspect it's actually because so many of the people who would complain have, in the past few weeks, been all "HOW DARE YOU NOT PANDER TO MEEEEE!!!!! 0/10 UNSUB!"
Twenty Ninjas said:
"If his race doesn't matter, why not make him black?"

Doesn't this question kinda answer itself.
Well, yes and no. It answers itself in a way that people seem to respond without any sort of self-awareness.

Because the underlying answer is given in the comic.

Dead Century said:
Well, I laughed at the Alpha Omega Beta bit. As for Zimmerman, it's not that simple.
First off, Zimmerman isn't white. He's mixed race, leaning towards hispanic. Just saying.
You ever filled out a survey in the US? Saying you're not white, you're hispanic is kind of....Well, wrong.

T_ConX said:
"Zimmerman Mode"

Maybe you should actually read the evidence from that trial.
Or maybe reading the evidence is what led them here.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
EeveeElectro said:
This... this is amazing.
It's a shame there's a couple of people who can't take a joke but at least it's only a couple.

It's embodying those kind of users that don't last very long on here in comic form. Brilliant!

[sub]Needs moar feminist hating.[/sub]
They seem to last plenty long around here. What do you mean?

shrekfan246 said:
nuba km said:
Also it took three pages for a shit storm to start brewing, that is pretty impressive.

Oh, if anything it's more impressive. That's 1:59:30 long than I thought it'd take. Think of it as a ratio, and that's amazing!

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
DaWaffledude said:
...I don't get it. At all. Maybe the Zimmerman bit? Could someone just go through it panel by panel and explain what hte hell it was I just read?
I like to think this comic was pretty much making fun of all the controversial and inflammatory topics that pop up a lot on internet forums, such as racial diversity in main characters, bronies, the friend zone, ect.

And I have to say, it was quite funny. Good work.

Dec 14, 2009
Maiev Shadowsong said:
Ew. This couldn't be in worse taste.

Did you guys sit down and decide stereotypes were funny or something? Yes, let's all make fun of people we disagree with and talk about how right we are and how dumb they are. That's exactly what we should. Nothing works better than mocking people. But it's okay, because making fun of THEM is fine. Just not when they do it to us.

The fedora thing is so fucking played out. Seriously. It's not even desperate comedy at this point. It's just sad. Like turning up ten years too late to kick a dead horse and just eating the dirt it died on. "lol MRA atheist is a brony and has never had a girlfriend, derp." It's done. Let it go. Christ.

I don't even know what you were actually trying to accomplish. Is it just a circle jerk? There's not even any preach in the preaching to the choir. Racism is bad (but making fun of people for things other than race is not)? Is that it? The death of a young man is bad? An argument about some character I've never seen in my life? What even was the message? This is lazy. This is masturbation.

Nerds making fun of people and stereotyping groups. I'd normally say it's ironic, but since when did anyone expect anything more. So long as it's not race, sexuality or gen- no scratch that. So long as it's not race or sexuality, it's cool to just shit all over people, huh? Tell me how they are just jokes and how they are harmless, about how I need to just get over it and toughen up. That argument sounds familiar.

Thank you, I was starting to get a little bit worried there :D

Man, dis gon be gewd.

I should donate a funny bone or something.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Zachary Amaranth said:
You ever filled out a survey in the US? Saying you're not white, you're hispanic is kind of....Well, wrong.
I'm Canadian, so no. But on plenty of the survey forms here, there is an option that asks you if you identify as First Nations. I always check yes, non-status, and Metis, because that is my heritage. Also, you can visibly tell that Zimmerman is part hispanic.

grey_space

Magnetic Mutant
Apr 16, 2012
Maiev Shadowsong said:

Did you guys sit down and decide stereotypes were funny or something? Yes, let's all make fun of people we disagree with and talk about how right we are and how dumb they are. That's exactly what we should. Nothing works better than mocking people. But it's okay, because making fun of THEM is fine. Just not when they do it to us.

The fedora thing is so fucking played out. Seriously. It's not even desperate comedy at this point. It's just sad. Like turning up ten years too late to kick a dead horse and just eating the dirt it died on. "lol MRA atheist is a brony and has never had a girlfriend, derp." It's done. Let it go. Christ.

I don't even know what you were actually trying to accomplish. Is it just a circle jerk? There's not even any preach in the preaching to the choir. Racism is bad (but making fun of people for things other than race is not)? Is that it? The death of a young man is bad? An argument about some character I've never seen in my life? What even was the message? This is lazy. This is masturbation.

Nerds making fun of people and stereotyping groups. I'd normally say it's ironic, but since when did anyone expect anything more. So long as it's not race, sexuality or gen- no scratch that. So long as it's not race or sexuality, it's cool to just shit all over people, huh? Tell me how they are just jokes and how they are harmless, about how I need to just get over it and toughen up. That argument sounds familiar.
What....are you talking about exactly?

Now I understand that you didn't like it but after that I really couldn't make out what exact points you were trying to make.

madethistocomment

Sep 13, 2013
This is easily the worst Critical Miss I have read in ages. The over the top strawman (I guess, it's not as if the comic really made an argument that is worth pointing out fallacies in) was cringeworthy in itself (also completely devoid of humor)and the blatant references to reddit were so nonsensical and pandering ("status: euphoric" really?)it diminished the comic even more for me. Given the actual events in the Zimmerman case the Zimmerman mode makes no sense and is just a transparent way to push buttons. The worst part is that I can't even find a solid argument in this comic outside of the black guy's initial monologue. If that were the point of the comic I think I could enjoy it for that but as it stands the point was a bunch of "jokes" making fun of anyone who says that white heterosexual males might face some discrimination. Now I don't think I (as a WHM) have it bad. In fact taking into account my country of origin, city I live in, economic status of parents, and a host of other factors I have it pretty damn good. I just think this comic was a cheap strawman without any real statements to make.

Apr 24, 2008
Maiev Shadowsong said:

Ha!

I was going to use the terms "circle jerk" and "masturbation" in my own post, but then thought better of it.

It's brightly coloured, hyperbole ridden mental wank-aid, but who are we to spoil the party? Get your jollies where you can, I say.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
EeveeElectro said:
This... this is amazing.
It's a shame there's a couple of people who can't take a joke but at least it's only a couple.

It's embodying those kind of users that don't last very long on here in comic form. Brilliant!

[sub]Needs moar feminist hating.[/sub]
:D
Don't worry!
It doesn't have any, and yet some people were complaining about it anyway.
The Great JT said:
Zimmerman Mode, ha.

But yeah, how are people of a different ethnicity unrelatable? That makes no sense.
Also, THIS is the comic's golden center. Saying a different ethnicity can't be relatable is wrong in multiple ways. Including factual.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
shrekfan246 said:
nuba km said:

Oh, if anything it's more impressive. That's 1:59:30 long than I thought it'd take. Think of it as a ratio, and that's amazing!
You're right. I was thinking about how long it usually takes threads to reach three pages, but with the context of the content in this comic, it is a bit surprising that it's taken as long as it has.

Let's just wait and see if this gets linked to Reddit, 4chan, or any of those other hotbeds, though...

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
There are some sneaky little ones that are able to last a while. But the EXTREEEMMEEE ones don't last long at all.
Like the people kicking off in this thread, I don't think will be here much longer...

porous_shield

Jan 25, 2012
Oh well. One less stop on my webcomic tour.

I wish they'd go back to making jokes about games instead of whatever commentary crap this is supposed to be.