WHITE GUY DEFENSE FORCE GO!

Moth_Monk

Feb 26, 2012
Here's to hoping that Will Smith is cast as Batman (and his son as Robin). That would add a whole new dimension to this comic...

Kaendris

Sep 6, 2013
itsthesheppy said:
Twelve pages later and without a doubt, this thread keeps delivering. The amount of people who both don't get the joke, and get all up in arms over it and thus reinforce and make the joke funnier, are of course appreciated and encouraged to please continue.

It's like a side of fries on the very satisfying comic hamburger. And a drink!
As I clicked to this last page first in this forum, and for whatever reason read your comment first, before I go any further I am going to give you a chance to tell me what the joke is.

I have clearly missed it. So please, before I lay my opinion down. Enlighten me good sir, what was the message that 12 pages of people have missed? Since you seem to understand the matter clearly.

I would hate to speak in ignorance, though at the moment, I confess I find this comic nothing more than a "critical miss".

Moth_Monk

Feb 26, 2012
klaynexas3 said:
Besides the Zimmerman part(he's hispanic, doesn't mean he can't be racist, but still, he wouldn't be in the white guy defense force(unless the joke is most stupid people think he's white anyway)), that was a pretty funny comic. Much better than some of the more recent ones. And inflammatory, I don't think you could strike any more chords here unless you made a comic making fun of people that bash on "booth babes" or one about thinking the XBone isn't horrible. Or that Phil Fish didn't deserve the massive amounts of shit he got.
Grey missed a trick. He ought to have had the alpha shouting "Japanese games suck!" as they flew away. :D

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
thebakedpotato said:
I never understood the friend zone. To me it always reaked of lack of confidence.

Rather than taking risks with new people you cling to them and hope Stockholm syndrome gets you laid.
May I use this quote. It is perfect

RPGxMadness

Mar 9, 2012
wAriot said:
RPGxMadness said:
can u link it, I think people needs a good laugh that wasn't provided lol...
Here is hoping I don't get banned. (I don't remember any rule against posting links of images from 4chan, but still)
http://images.4chan.org/v/src/1379101673395.jpg
http://images.4chan.org/v/src/1379101796013.jpg
Ahh, thank you. This is just gold ^_^

Moth_Monk

Feb 26, 2012
DugMachine said:
thebakedpotato said:
I never understood the friend zone. To me it always reaked of lack of confidence.

Rather than taking risks with new people you cling to them and hope Stockholm syndrome gets you laid.
LOL except for the fact that that's not what Stockholm Syndrome is...

Shaitan051

Jul 9, 2012
thisbymaster said:
but Zimmerman wasn't white...
Unfortunately when he shot Trayvon he forgot to bring along his sombrero, poncho, and comically large moustache so naturally he was assumed to be a cracker.

Don't worry; George Zimmerman not being "Hispanic" enough to be considered Hispanic, even by the writer of a comic about racism apparently, isn't racist at all. Right?

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Not quite on 15 pages for your return, but close. Hope it's not too much of a disappointment for you.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Moth_Monk said:
DugMachine said:
thebakedpotato said:

LOL except for the fact that that's not what Stockholm Syndrome is...
Depends how hard he is 'clinging onto them'. :p

Like 'clinging onto them with handcuffs and a radiator in an abandoned warehouse by the docks' kind of way?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Lunar Templar said:
Daystar Clarion said:
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Daystar Clarion said:
So why are you still here?

If there's one thing worse than what you accuse this place of being, is sticking around just to tell everyone how mean they are and how they need to take people's feelings into account.
I can only speak for myself but I share his opinion on the forums at the moment. Right now the thing that keeps me coming back is some of the user groups, which have good communities.

From time to time I go back to the forums and usually it doesn't take long for me to regret that. Right now I'm here because I'm fucking hungry and I'm trying to kill time until the gulasch is ready though.
To be honest, I haven't been venturing into the forums either, but that's because nobody can take a fucking joke any more.

User Groups are a god send.
I've noticed this to. When did this site lose its sense of humor, or the ability to detect satire or sarcasm? >.> Would a pegan sacrifice bring it back? I know where goats are, could get one going by early evening.
I remember those old golden days when I could make a joke about burning transsexual black babies and people would just give me weird looks while shuffling past me awkwardly instead of pulling me into a shitstorm of tolerance, correctness and Sarkessians. Where did they go? ;_;

Course some people probably fondly remember the days when I wasn't here to shit up the site. Just the natural cycle of an internet forum I guess, though this ones decline has been rather sharp.
I miss those days too. Like you and Daystar I've been kind of hiding from the general forums. We need to be in the same User Groups or something because I miss your sexy ass, Smash.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Deathfish15 said:
2) Enter 3 challenged white, heterosexual males with an ignorant statement of being a "minority". And blame Obama for it as well ~~~~Last census in the US still showed 'whites' as the majority (though estimated to change by 2025). Furthermore, the lauding that sexuality or sex separate one's self within their own "racial group" is absurd. I guess this joke is created by the simple fact that white heterosexual males are threatened by female progressiveness, homosexuals, and minorities all at the same time. Funny because it's true. Also, Obama has nothing to do with it at all....just a scapegoat for them to blame self delusional issues on.
White people have been playing the "persecuted minority card" for years and years now. While simultaneously playing the majority card. This is mostly a play on Rush Limbaugh. "Thanks, Obama" has become an internet meme simply because a certain body of almost exclusively white people have blamed Obama for everything from the economy to the weather.

So yeah, you're right. But since you don't get the context, there it is.

4) Friend Zone/Son Zone. ~~~ I honestly don't quite get the context of this joke. I'll throw a guess that "son" is the white Jersey version of saying "homie", where as "friend" is like in the context of a common word similar to that of Candians use - ex. "Hey, friend". Maybe I'm misunderstanding the joke because I'm not tied to the MTV sewage subculture? I hope that's the reason.
That slice represents his mom. Someone suggested the use of the chart may also play off a Penny Arcade strip. I don't know. But the pie chart basically represents reasons women won't sleep with him.

5) "Zimmerman Mode" ~~~ You really went there? Okay, this one has me baffled. I mean, the whole situation was a painful one, but it was a bunch of people yelling "racist" over a crazy man who thought a kid in a dark hoodie, going around the neighborhood late at night, was breaking into houses on his street. Paranoia kicked in and he stalked the hooded figure with a gun...got his ass kicked (don't deny it either, the police reported as such besides the images of him with bloody head wrappings), used said gun, and shot the kid. Zimmerman was Latino, not white...so that's why I'm lost on it's relation to this comic joke. The problem with the whole Zimmerman situation is that the parents of the kid (who couldn't bother fully explaining why their teenager was in that neighborhood, that late at night), as well as other figureheads ('Reverend' Jessie Jackson) were all trying to play the race card in a tragedy that seemed to be at fault of both parties without consideration of race pre-shooting.
Wait, what? They couldn't explain what he was doing in the neighbourhood? I'm yet to see the visiting a friend claim be refuted, so...what?

Now, maybe it's just me, but I've watched like 4 hours of footage where George's brother Robert defends him with various variations of "black people are scary," up to and including comparing him to "another" criminal and ranting that the liberal media should ask why they find black people threatening. Based on one other dude. George brought race itno it himself, as well. It's fun to blame Jessie Jackson, but it's also disingenuous. Unless you're just looking to excuse Zimmerman's actions. Maybe you are, I don't know.

Also, Zimmerman has a white parent and was basically considered white up until race became an issue (how ironic for you to bring up that defense while complaining about the other side). Only then did he start getting called hispanic, and hispanic doesn't equal non-white in the first place. Poor defense, especially given the guy had previously shown hostility against "latinos." For someone who's multicultural and non-racist, yeah. That's suspect.

Moth_Monk

Feb 26, 2012
What does it matter that Zimmerman is hispanic? The joke is that people think he murdered a black guy hence why the mode to kill black guys has his namesake.