White House Denies UFO Contact

Ithera

Apr 4, 2010
Bah....There is no spaceship, there is no conspiracy. If we had made contact we would all be flying around Captain Kirk style sipping space martinis. We would all be glued to the medium of our choice watching our brave american representatives board our first intergalactic spacecraft. We would all watch in awe as said astronauts meet with other lifeforms, shake hands and exchange welcome gifts.

Of course...there is the other less entertaining form of contact, a outdated message from space from a now extinct species, but who would want to cover that up?

Jinx_Dragon

Jan 19, 2009
I had a thought... I know, dangerous when dragons do that.

Who is to say the aliens think like we do?

We are assuming that the aliens would be filled with all the same human mentalities and drives. That they will turn up and suddenly take our resources. That, even in peaceful cases, they will come with as much fan-fare and openly announce their arrival. Hell, we even are willing to accept they might not consider us more then animals and start farming us for the exotic food market... again, openly.

What if they don't think like that?

Hell, I can't put forth thought patters that we can't think on as it would be impossible to think on something and have it too far outside of your realm of possibility that you can't think on. However, I can think of several cases where they would not be willing to show themselves to us. It isn't that far of a stretch to assume they would not want to announce their presence.

What if they are naturally secretive and don't want to let themselves be known because their whole thought patters involve guarding what you are thinking, how you are acting or what you would say behind webs of mystery?

What if they are overly polite and do not want to create a scene at all, deciding that the full fan fair would create so much panic and upheaval that it is not worth it?

What if they are so rank structured that they would not even be able to think of communicating outside of the higher tiers of our own rank structures, hence limiting their contact to the world leaders and even then the top world leaders at that?

Hell, even a big odd ball line of thought out there: What if our luck of 'faith' in anything that resembles their own belief system was more then enough to shun us after the initial scout ships left?

Or hell.. the Пикник на обочине route: What if the aliens are just passing through and decided to take a pit stop on our planet with no intent to stay and chat with the local 'insects?'

Really did like that book and it was a deeper insight into the mentality of humans having to deal with a 'first contact' situation that involved nothing more then looking over alien 'trash.' The lack of understanding on the basic physics behind the 'trash,' let alone being able to comprehend the applied aspects the items represented, summed up just how primitive we would be to such a race. It only made sense that they never even bothered to talk with us, thinking nothing of polluting our world with hazardous materials as we where nothing to them. Oh, and for those who might not of realized it - S.T.A.L.K.E.R was based on this book.

All of the above would lead to situations where the government might have some 'evidence' of aliens that they may just want to keep hidden so they can tinker on it and make new weapons, technology and other such things. Leaving us completely in the dark and putting themselves in a situation where they will never admit to the existence of aliens unless the other major nations start demanding access to said evidence/technology. It isn't hard to fathom when you accept that any alien life that visits us will not even be able to think in the same method as us.

Personally: don't believe we have had contact yet and when we have it, it will be so mind blowing we will never see the 'how' approaching from a million light years away let alone the 'why.'

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
I've always found it incredibly egotistical that people believe human governments would be capable of holding aliens advanced enough to visit.

Jingle Fett

Sep 13, 2011
Given the government's tendency to lie, I don't think we can really believe them whether they confirm or deny it. They could be denying it when in reality they have had contact with aliens...or they could say that it's true in order to cover up some other government secret.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Snotnarok said:
If aliens did know about us and were capable of easily traveling the stars, why the hell would they stop by OUR planet and talk? That's like any one of us stopping by an ant hill and trying to talk to them.

We're a tiny race who can't get past our own religious views and xenophobia, why would ANYONE visit?
Our planet has resources available on it. More then enough reason for a space faring race (which would most likely be of the conqueror variety) to invade and subjugate our species as slave labour. Aliens would not be friendly as mostly the main reason for space travel is the acquisition of resources. We won't venture into space for any other reason and that is something you can count on.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
EverythingIncredible said:
They revealed the test bombing later.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. So I don't really believe that they are keeping aliens. What I personally think happened with Roswell was that people saw of prototype spyplanes to spy on the Soviet Union and thought they were Aliens. Which would explain the cover up.
Hell, maybe Area 51 was where they were keeping Russian defectors, or the crash was a Russian spy-plane. If I were to cover something up, I'd leak something extraordinary first, then recant it later, and vehemently. That way the actual truth of the matter is completely ignored while people try to find proof of the original, spectacular idea.

You could make a pretty good movie out of it, too. Say the "alien ship" was in fact a precursor to Sputnik, launched 10 whole years before the actual vessel. It fails spectacularly, and by sheer coincidence crashes near Roswell. Maybe it even has a Russian chimpanzee on board (I recall earlier space vessels being launched with animals like dogs and chimps who were shaved bare to ensure their suits were sealed). Between the Slavic alphabet (something a small towner from middle America would likely be unfamiliar with) written on the parts, and the burned bare-skinned chimp, I could imagine someone flipping out about little green men in flying saucers.

Or heck, maybe the passenger is the first man in space, emanciated to fit into the tiny ship and shaved bare, dressed in an odd suit. No one goes near him 'cause he looks so strange, and everyone's already thinking men from Mars.

The Army hears about it, mobilizes and finds the pilot still alive. They quickly set up the story about aliens to cover their tracks, then - knowing such a claim is horsefeathers - they say it is a weather balloon. The locals get crazy about aliens, and no facts make it out of the area back to Moscow. The pilot is taken to Area 51 and imprisoned, where the Americans struggle to learn the secrets of space flight from him and ensure the Soviets do not gain a monopoly on the technology. The cosmonaut is slowly won over (Stockholme syndrome and maybe some psychological manipulation) and begins working at Area 51, designing new vessels with his knowledge, becoming one of the secret contributors to the Moon Landing projects.

It would at least be a more interesting flick than trying to disprove Shakespear.

And the twist ending would be he was an alien all along who came to Earth and took a human form to escape his own species' cold war. Ooo topical! *Laughs*

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
So, the government was right.

I know it's surprising, but I hardly think this is news. Perhaps a better headline would be, "Petition to ask gov't about aliens actually gets enough signatures" ?

AM City Watch

Nov 10, 2010
"Also," said Terry Nguyen, White House Spokesman for the Bleeding Obvious, "we have no contact with Jadis, White Queen of Narnia. Nor are we in negotiations with the Lost Mole-Men of Atlantis for building rights within their vast subterranean empire. Similarly, Iorek Byrnison of the Panserbjorne has not dispatched a cadre of armored bears to assist the TSA at several international airports."

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Really this was just a plea to get the White House to say "yes". UFO-hunters have already made up their mind and won't accept no for an answer, they just want to hear the government confirm it.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
tehroc said:
Snotnarok said:
If aliens did know about us and were capable of easily traveling the stars, why the hell would they stop by OUR planet and talk? That's like any one of us stopping by an ant hill and trying to talk to them.

We're a tiny race who can't get past our own religious views and xenophobia, why would ANYONE visit?
Our planet has resources available on it. More then enough reason for a space faring race (which would most likely be of the conqueror variety) to invade and subjugate our species as slave labour. Aliens would not be friendly as mostly the main reason for space travel is the acquisition of resources. We won't venture into space for any other reason and that is something you can count on.
Exactly my thought, they'll either avoid us, or just stomp on us. There's other places for metals and minerals but I bet the nice amount of water is appealing.

doctorsilly

Feb 27, 2011
The american government is not the only government, and the chances that aliens would only land in the US are tiny, they would surely have gone somewhere else. If aliens were here, someone, somewhere, would have some evidence. Real evidence, not shaky photos or crop circles.

mikeybuthge

Apr 28, 2010
it simply means yes, there are aliens, and no, you aren't emotionally ready to hear about them, grow up, put the gun down, then you may speak to Paul

bificommander

Apr 19, 2010
What where the petitioners thinking? Did they imagine their shadowy conspiracy organization du jour, after having spend decades hushing up alien visits, would receive this petition and go "Huh, no one really asked nicely before. Well yeah, you guys are right, we've been having monthly poker games with the aliens from Caseiopia IV for years"? This was pointless to even ask. If there has been no contact (my money is on that), the White House will deny it. If there has been a decade-long conspiracy to hide alien contact, the White House will deny it.

xDarc

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
I've seen a UFO 50 ft in front of my car. It was a glowing blue/white triangle of light that obscured any metal hull. At least 2 other people on the expressway that night had to see it. It crossed all 4 lanes of the highway at a crawl, turned to the east, and then flew along side my car for about 3 miles, gaining altitude slowly.

Once it was all powered up, it just took off. It moved so fast that it covered miles in a fraction of a second.

The area it came from has a man made lake. It had a gaseous haze around it, blue in color.

If I had to take a guess: They land in water, separate the oxygen/hydrogen to use the hydrogen for fuel, and then they're outta here.

ETs who use this technology likely view us as we view a southern hick town where you need to stop for gas, but have fear in your mind about some deliverance type shit going down because the locals are crazy... but you need gas.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Snotnarok said:

there is no reason to insult people who are religious. Religion had nothing to do with this article until you brought it up.

poleboy

May 19, 2008
doctorsilly said:
The american government is not the only government, and the chances that aliens would only land in the US are tiny, they would surely have gone somewhere else. If aliens were here, someone, somewhere, would have some evidence. Real evidence, not shaky photos or crop circles.
A good point, and often missed in these discussions. There are no obvious reasons why aliens would prefer to land in the US, yet a large majority of these stories come from Americans. The US also produces an enormous amount of sci-fi literature and movies. People are willing to believe just about anything if you serve it to them the right way, and fiction has a much larger impact on how we view life than most people might suppose.

Also, one should not neglect the fact that our brains are wired such that if we believe something to be real, it is real to us. Maybe not to everyone else, but individual humans are capable of modifying their perceptions radically according to what their brain tells them is real.

songnar

Modulator
Oct 26, 2008
If NASA had made contact with extra-terrestrial life, they would be flaunting it, not hiding it - it would be a huge cash boon for them. "Hey, we actually found aliens so how about some more funding, guys!?" Instead, they have folded like a cheap restaurant.