White House Denies UFO Contact

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Did they really expect a petition would get them to admit to anything, even supposing it is true?

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Macgyvercas said:
No alien life, eh? Then give every American a non guided tour of Area 51.
Why only every American, If I would get a tour at Area 51 I would take the tremendously dangerous task to finally visit the U.S.

Anyway back on topic,
just imagine for a second! The world would have been so much better and funnier if the government simply would have just answered:

Yes, we are in contact with several aliens from outer space and we are in negotiations with them right now but please don't tell anyone. Oh and the Balrog sightings in Alaska are true as well but we don't know if it's a male or a female.
If if they have lied this answer would have been hilarious.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Volf99 said:
Snotnarok said:
If aliens did know about us and were capable of easily traveling the stars, why the hell would they stop by OUR planet and talk? That's like any one of us stopping by an ant hill and trying to talk to them.

We're a tiny race who can't get past our own religious views and xenophobia, why would ANYONE visit?
there is no reason to insult people who are religious. Religion had nothing to do with this article until you brought it up.
Who's insulting religious people? I said people who are intolerant of OTHERS beliefs are the problem. I don't care who believes in what.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Snotnarok said:
Volf99 said:
Snotnarok said:
If aliens did know about us and were capable of easily traveling the stars, why the hell would they stop by OUR planet and talk? That's like any one of us stopping by an ant hill and trying to talk to them.

We're a tiny race who can't get past our own religious views and xenophobia, why would ANYONE visit?
there is no reason to insult people who are religious. Religion had nothing to do with this article until you brought it up.
Who's insulting religious people? I said people who are intolerant of OTHERS beliefs are the problem. I don't care who believes in what.
your comment made it sound like you thought religion was holding us back because "we're a tiny race who can't get past our own religious views". But maybe I was being over sensitive, my bad.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Volf99 said:
Snotnarok said:
Volf99 said:
Snotnarok said:

your comment made it sound like you thought religion was holding us back because "we're a tiny race who can't get past our own religious views". But maybe I was being over sensitive, my bad.
Nope, poorly worded as it was I just meant there's some who will not see past their views and will impose their beliefs on others. Believe what you want, just don't force your ideas on me, is how I've felt.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Snotnarok said:
Volf99 said:
Snotnarok said:
Volf99 said:
Snotnarok said:

Nope, poorly worded as it was I just meant there's some who will not see past their views and will impose their beliefs on others. Believe what you want, just don't force your ideas on me, is how I've felt.
fair enough, I can agree to that.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
what makes you think the white house would be the ones informed about it? duh.
as for the "use logic" people, there are mroe reasons to hide it than you think. even if they exist its a good thing that they hide it. humans think they are the center of universe. proven different the world would go crazy. just look at the cold war. and that was the enemy we knew. how about the one we dont?

Strazdas

May 28, 2011
Snotnarok said:

Why does entimologists observe ants? research. why cant aliens attempt a research on humans?

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Strazdas said:
Snotnarok said:

Why does entimologists observe ants? research. why cant aliens attempt a research on humans?
Because ants don't have nukes or guns? I'm more or less talking about communicating and such, they could be poking and prodding, who knows. Some Area 51 conspiracy theorists think aliens are helping us build UFOs.

Why would they do that? Area 51 is where they make new classified craft it's really that simple. The reason they don't want to talk about is, they don't want people bloody knowing about the classified jets! The blackbird we didn't know about till it was old and obsolete, same with the stealth fighter, hell you're still not allowed to film it at some angles, they don't want you touching their tech is what it boils down to.

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
Agayek said:
Gilhelmi said:
But they did do something. They probed a few people to find out about their diets, general health, and other interesting facts about humans. Then they did some geological studies to see what was here. Then {hopefully) completed their research and went home.

It is quite possible that ET has a Prime Directive of some sort, so why talk to us.
The problem with that logic is that the small amount of information they retrieved isn't nearly worth the mammoth amount of resources required to make the trip. Just coming from the nearest star takes more energy than the entire weekly output of the entire world. It is a truly massive amount of resources to spend to come by and gather some vague statistics then spend the same amount of resources going back home.

In short, the cost outweighs the benefits by several orders of magnitude. Thus, it hasn't happened.
You think!!!

We do not know the level of technology ET may or may not have. They may have discovered new physics that would allow them to make so-called "Star-Gates" that Richard Dean Anderson then travels through on weekly adventures (name that show - NO USING GOOGLE).

I am being partly sarcastic, partly serious. There is good evidence presented by everyone from reputable doctors and scientist to Military Officers (most of whom choose to keep their identities secret so they will still have a job).

If it were just a couple of nut-jobs with tinfoil hats, I would dismiss them. But when people who may very well lose everything by admitting their sighting, and who are very highly regarded in there field say these things, I tend to listen to their story. Especially Air Force pilots, they know the difference between weather phenomenon and a "man" made craft.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Gilhelmi said:
You think!!!

We do not know the level of technology ET may or may not have. They may have discovered new physics that would allow them to make so-called "Star-Gates" that Richard Dean Anderson then travels through on weekly adventures (name that show - NO USING GOOGLE).

I am being partly sarcastic, partly serious. There is good evidence presented by everyone from reputable doctors and scientist to Military Officers (most of whom choose to keep their identities secret so they will still have a job).

If it were just a couple of nut-jobs with tinfoil hats, I would dismiss them. But when people who may very well lose everything by admitting their sighting, and who are very highly regarded in there field say these things, I tend to listen to their story. Especially Air Force pilots, they know the difference between weather phenomenon and a "man" made craft.
You've addressed everything but the core of my point. What can the aliens possibly get by appearing to an extremely limited sample of humanity and not really doing anything that makes the trip worth the time, effort and resources?

The short answer is nothing. The UFO sightings and whatnot could very well be real, but there's no reason for there to be UFOs in the first place. It's simply not economical to make the trip for no gain.

Strazdas

May 28, 2011
Snotnarok said:
Strazdas said:
Snotnarok said:

Because ants don't have nukes or guns? I'm more or less talking about communicating and such, they could be poking and prodding, who knows. Some Area 51 conspiracy theorists think aliens are helping us build UFOs.

Why would they do that? Area 51 is where they make new classified craft it's really that simple. The reason they don't want to talk about is, they don't want people bloody knowing about the classified jets! The blackbird we didn't know about till it was old and obsolete, same with the stealth fighter, hell you're still not allowed to film it at some angles, they don't want you touching their tech is what it boils down to.
ant poison looks dangerous to ants as well. it doesnt for us. just as well aliens may laugh at our nukes. why woudl they want to talk to us? do we try to send our delegates to ants? no, we exterminate them.

You've addressed everything but the core of my point. What can the aliens possibly get by appearing to an extremely limited sample of humanity and not really doing anything that makes the trip worth the time, effort and resources?
They may not appear to those people intentionally or it is necessary for thier goal. they may make the trip for research. we spent billions on the space program for research and it did not give us that much at the time (exept for satellites, but that wasnt the main goal anyway). Aliens may have the technology developed to the level where the trip to earth wouldnt be an economic sink too.

P.S. there is a theory that aliens have mined gold in south america too.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Strazdas said:
Snotnarok said:
Strazdas said:
Snotnarok said:

ant poison looks dangerous to ants as well. it doesnt for us. just as well aliens may laugh at our nukes. why woudl they want to talk to us? do we try to send our delegates to ants? no, we exterminate them.

They may not appear to those people intentionally or it is necessary for thier goal. they may make the trip for research. we spent billions on the space program for research and it did not give us that much at the time (exept for satellites, but that wasnt the main goal anyway). Aliens may have the technology developed to the level where the trip to earth wouldnt be an economic sink too.

Ant poison doesn't compare to nukes since we've erased entire islands with their power and that was many years ago so I'm sure we could erase far bigger plots of land. Now I'm sure you're saying "But the aliens might have a defense for that" sure, but then there's us blowing up a life supporting planet and I'm sure they're not keen on that.

Your south America gold mining 'theory' makes no sense, why mine small amounts here when asteroids contain rare/heavy metals/diamonds in bulk, that's where the mine came from. Asteroid impacts are linked to deposits of metals, minerals and diamonds so it makes no sense for them to come here and get that either when they can get far larger amounts on uninhabited rocks in space. Even other worlds have far more materials that they could acquire easier.

I'm in NO ways saying there's not life out there, that's just stupid to say of course there's life off this planet, it's mathematically impossible for there NOT to be. But if there's any form of intelligent life capable of faster than light travel we are simply too primitive nor do we have the resources in mass that they'd want to visit us. And giving us the means to wouldn't do us any good, most would agree we are not ready for that kind of technological advancement.

Fun reads/watches:

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2007/11/harnessing-gala.html
http://www.universetoday.com/9295/astronomers-find-a-huge-diamond-in-space/

Strazdas

May 28, 2011
Snotnarok said:
Strazdas said:
Snotnarok said:
Strazdas said:
Snotnarok said:

Ant poison doesn't compare to nukes since we've erased entire islands with their power and that was many years ago so I'm sure we could erase far bigger plots of land. Now I'm sure you're saying "But the aliens might have a defense for that" sure, but then there's us blowing up a life supporting planet and I'm sure they're not keen on that.

Your south America gold mining 'theory' makes no sense, why mine small amounts here when asteroids contain rare/heavy metals/diamonds in bulk, that's where the mine came from. Asteroid impacts are linked to deposits of metals, minerals and diamonds so it makes no sense for them to come here and get that either when they can get far larger amounts on uninhabited rocks in space. Even other worlds have far more materials that they could acquire easier.

I'm in NO ways saying there's not life out there, that's just stupid to say of course there's life off this planet, it's mathematically impossible for there NOT to be. But if there's any form of intelligent life capable of faster than light travel we are simply too primitive nor do we have the resources in mass that they'd want to visit us. And giving us the means to wouldn't do us any good, most would agree we are not ready for that kind of technological advancement.
There are ants in Africa that leaves wasteland behind when they migrate. then even eat people, alive. Ants have the power to do A LOT of damage if they united. they are waring each other instead. same thing with humans really. Infact ants could make this a wasteland planet too. lets destroy them! not.
Its not mine theory, and i find it not much sense too, but according to that thoery they mined like whole mountain full of gold. Yes, i agree that they should mine asteroids instead. while were at it, why cant WE mine asteroids instead!
aliens dont have to be logical. humans are not. a same person may drive a hummer and complain about bad environment. when asked why he drives a hummer he does nto give any reasonable explanation. why should alien logic be explained. infact, why do you think we could even understand alien logic? who knows, maybe the most valuable resource for them is one we dont value at all and that is not so popular elsewhere? Who is to say that humans arent a resource of something? there is still a lot we dont know about our body, we still have parts that we got no explanation for thier function. humans are essentially unwise and to say that we know better that the aliens would have nothing to gain by spying on us is only proof of that.
i agree that we are socially not ready for knowledge of aliens. could it be that the aliens have figured that out too?

As for the video, very nice :)