White People are... Better?

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Father Time said:
Name one time the U.S. has committed genocide. Oh wait you can't. So shut the fuck up troll.
The British colonies went out of their way to exterminate the Native Americans, dude. In many cases they succeeded, wiping out entire groups of Indian bloodlines :/

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
While I usually enjoy debates about colonial history, there's a little too much white anglo bashing going on here, although i'm glad others have put some context into the history other than whites raping everyone else, which paints whites as evil while glossing over that every race is just as bad as each other, if circumstances were different if could have been any colour.

All I want to add that a good part of European globalisation was born out of the constant fighting between the nations, to some extent the rest of the world was viewed as something to exploit to get one up on it's neighbour.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Axolotl said:
Clearing the Eye said:
Axolotl said:
Both those people are white, they both have white skin. I really don't see how you would argue that the Roman in the picture wasn't white. Seriously look at the paintings they left, they show white people in them.
The one on the right (a picture of what Jesus most likely looked like) is brown skinned. What you would generalize as "black." Really only those from northern Europe descent are white. It gets tricky because "black" and "white" are pretty lose terms and most races that actually fit under the former aren't even that dark, really.
What? He certainly is what I would generalise as Black. Also have you ever even been to Southern Europe? The people there are white, and that includes Italy.
Eh. It's shady. The Romans were "white," but they were certainly darker than you'd think.

Seriously, black and white are just way too broad. We should stop using them. Confusing, lol.

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
Clearing the Eye said:
Darkmantle said:
Not out-tech, out-war. Being warlike doesn't make you a better "race" or person, just a better killer. If that's what you mean, then sure. But personally I would never refer to being more brutal as "better"

and as other have said, it's often down to co-incidence, where the resources were etc. For example, Japan is an Iron poor nation, not a big deal now, but it was way back.

EDIT: Roman's weren't white :/ they were much more tanned, they were Latin. Why do people argue this?
I was really referring to now, not so much the past. The white nations of today are easily the best places to live for your average person.

Yeah, Romans weren't all that white. They were most certainly dark skinned. But this is the problem with "white" and "black"--very few people are actually white or black, lol.
Well exactly, but often people try to claim that whoever the "victors" of the past are actually the same race as them, it's a weird kind of racial pride. White people seem to do it the most, hell, they even made jesus white.

If you are referring to why they are the best places to live now, it's because they destroyed the other nations and set them back hundreds of years. Think of africa, or my area of expertise specifically, the Congo. Before the Europeans got there, the inhabitants already had a fully functioning monarchy, a whole kingdom (the kingdom of the Kongo). It had a deep tradition of metal-working and many interesting inventions, but they did not have the same amount of rich resources that Europe enjoyed, and advanced at a slightly slower pace. They got destroyed when many countries pretended to be their friends, all the while undermining the Kongo king's influence and power until they toppled him.

they them proceeded to pillage the resources(rubber in this case) for the next 100 years. And now the nation is a mess, much of it's culture and technology lost forever. You will find this pattern in many "non-white" countries. All they need is time to catch up and repair the damage caused.

PS: have you ever played the game "civilization"? Try it some time, at least once you will find your nation crushed because you happened to spawn/settle on a bad location. Same idea.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
TrevHead said:
While I usually enjoy debates about colonial history, there's a little too much white anglo bashing going on here, although i'm glad others have put some context into the history other than whites raping everyone else, which paints whites as evil while glossing over that every race is just as bad as each other, if circumstances were different if could have been any colour.

All I want to add that a good part of European globalisation was born out of the constant fighting between the nations, to some extent the rest of the world was viewed as something to exploit to get one up on it's neighbour.
Well, it worked, I guess. Too bad for the other guys >_>

China really shot itself in the foot with how closed off they were (are). Japan embraced a more open door policy and they virtually went from pre-industrial to superpower in a few centuries. China's still quite advanced, but they censor and shy away from Western culture so much that the people suffer. The government is one of the worse examples of being stuck in the past. Sort of the opposite of Japan--easily top dog for a long, long time, to still powerful, but poverty stricken and no longer king of tech.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Darkmantle said:
Clearing the Eye said:
Darkmantle said:
Not out-tech, out-war. Being warlike doesn't make you a better "race" or person, just a better killer. If that's what you mean, then sure. But personally I would never refer to being more brutal as "better"

and as other have said, it's often down to co-incidence, where the resources were etc. For example, Japan is an Iron poor nation, not a big deal now, but it was way back.

EDIT: Roman's weren't white :/ they were much more tanned, they were Latin. Why do people argue this?
I was really referring to now, not so much the past. The white nations of today are easily the best places to live for your average person.

Yeah, Romans weren't all that white. They were most certainly dark skinned. But this is the problem with "white" and "black"--very few people are actually white or black, lol.
Well exactly, but often people try to claim that whoever the "victors" of the past are actually the same race as them, it's a weird kind of racial pride. White people seem to do it the most, hell, they even made jesus white.

If you are referring to why they are the best places to live now, it's because they destroyed the other nations and set them back hundreds of years. Think of africa, or my area of expertise specifically, the Congo. Before the Europeans got there, the inhabitants already had a fully functioning monarchy, a whole kingdom (the kingdom of the Kongo). It had a deep tradition of metal-working and many interesting inventions, but they did not have the same amount of rich resources that Europe enjoyed, and advanced at a slightly slower pace. They got destroyed when many countries pretended to be their friends, all the while undermining the Kongo king's influence and power until they toppled him.

they them proceeded to pillage the resources(rubber in this case) for the next 100 years. And now the nation is a mess, much of it's culture and technology lost forever. You will find this pattern in many "non-white" countries. All they need is time to catch up and repair the damage caused.

PS: have you ever played the game "civilization"? Try it some time, at least once you will find your nation crushed because you happened to spawn/settle on a bad location. Same idea.
Jesus being white is one of the more gob smacking inventions of Western culture. I know why it happened--it's easier to relate to and sell a religion if the prophet loos like you--but it's kind of sad how many people today actually believe Jesus *was* white. Like... C'mon... Dude was born in the Middle East >_>

I love Civilization! Today I spawned in a desert with very little floodplain. Instantly restarted, lol.

Bato

Oct 18, 2009
Clearing the Eye said:
The thing is the Northern European white guys were just hungry for conquest and land.

In the Ancient times there were three major civilizations who were the driving Scientific force, who everything we have today was built off of. There were probably more but fuck you these are the big guys I would say started everything.
The Egyptians, who are African/Arabic.
Mesopotamians, who were plain Arabic-ish.
And the Greek, who were I guess you could call them Mediterranean. Though they were ALL Mediterranean. The Greek/Romans weren't white though, they're Olive/Light Brown whatever Ethnicity you call that, probably Latino for the Latins and Slavic for the Greek these days.
The Irish/Norse were the white ones.

The Mesopotamian and Egyptians were wiped out over time because they made no effort to export their culture. And the Islams picked up the pieces and.. They didn't run, but they did a slow but steady power walk with them.

I was in the middle of writing up a summary of what happened in other parts of the world and their contributions to modern society.. But that got way too goddamn long.

But when it came down to it, each civilization has had a contribution. The Romans and Greeks took technologies and inspirations from everyone else in the world and refined them or archived them.
I remember reading a small thing, I really wish I could find it again, where it described every part of the Roman infantry's gear. Like, the Shields were originally Celtic in Origin, the Armour and Javelins was Germanic, Bracer-type things were Persian, the Greaves were Arabic, and about everything else was taken from the Greek. This is all they did, they were attempting a form of Globalization, except they did it in the wrong way trying to turn the whole world into Rome.

When Rome fell so did the entirety of Western Europe. Literacy and sciences went down the tube for a thousand years during the Dark Ages. People developed superstitions and weird stuff. The only thing they had going for them was the abundance of metals and food.
This is why stuff like Audits and Hearings and such things are common terms because for just a little under a thousand years, no one knew how to read or write.

The white guys didn't do a damn thing for a little under a thousand years other than trying to kill people for the lawd. It wasn't until they Seized an Islamic city and found, what the Islams considered a small Library, but to the Europeans it looked like:
http://lovelylisting.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/funny-real-estate-your-daily-bookcase-all-for-you.jpg

After that literacy slowly began to trickle back. And around the 18th century is when Literacy was in full swing again and they pretty much picked up where the Greek and Romans left off. World domination, Sciences, and Globalization.

So the moral of the story is:
If you want to be the very best. Kill everyone around you.

Blazing Steel

Sep 22, 2008
Clearing the Eye said:
Father Time said:
Name one time the U.S. has committed genocide. Oh wait you can't. So shut the fuck up troll.
The British colonies went out of their way to exterminate the Native Americans, dude. In many cases they succeeded, wiping out entire groups of Indian bloodlines :/
Elaborate because what you've just said is very generalised. Pretty much anyone who's ever had contact with the Native Americans tried to eliminate them, just by the time Americans got around to it, other nations were on more friendly terms. As for Indian, do you mean "Red Indians" linking on from your first point or do you mean the people from India because you've mentioned British colonies and since they were present in both areas it could be either.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Jack the Potato said:
Clearing the Eye said:
Other Jack? Eyeball? Let's just agree that Humans Are Bastards and move on, 'kay?

OT I blame the English, and I choose 'English' as my answer for good reason. True, it's not really a fault of today, but it is with the old English empire that The New World was founded, where their principles were transferred into rougher locales and had to adapt to a less-refined way of life. This less-restrained way of life that eventually (which I say because of Puritans) evolved from them is where the American way of life does stem from at core. It's both the English desire to hold power over others along with the rebellious nature to answer to no one because we're the ones tilling this field, King George!

Historically, every war won and every territory or resource seized is because they want it badly enough. This seems to be the center of things here in the US. By god, YEARS obsessing over terrorism like you can make the idea go away and finally they root out the guy they wanted out of all of it. Crazy shit. They want it badly enough. That's the reason.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Bato said:
More like: knee-cap everyone around you, steal their shit and then kill them, lol.

It's funny how much the Roman Empire gets mentioned in regard to Western culture and science. I think the Greeks did a lot more for what we consider the modern Western world. For a while they were almost an idyllic civilization, full of art, liberating government and proud people. But you know... people got jealous and fucked them pretty good :/

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
Actually the majority of the original historical advancements were taken from Egypt, the middle east, Persian and Mongol Empires. Almost all advancements in medicine pre-Greek/Roman Empire were done by the Egyptians and middle eastern countries, mainly because they used to record data and recipes which could be passed on and improved by scholars. At the same time however white people in Europe were uneducated and only really good at survival and conquering small territories which would unlikely remain in their control for long. The Romans and Greeks essentially just improved upon ground rules already set by Ancient Egypt and the middle eastern countries and made it more widespread.

After the fall of the roman empire the majority of "white" European countries were screwed up until the renaissance (mostly due to Christianity having almost complete control) where education, literacy and medical knowledge returned over time (which had previously been destroyed by the church or people became so uneducated over time that books were useless) and even then China had already discovered gun powder and were 100's of years ahead.

It is really only the past 400 years or so where White people have really taken control which is also due to the downfall and in-fighting in the middle east, Japan and China as well as the industrial revolution and the discovery of new countries which would be later colonised by mainly white people.

Andre Rapp

Apr 2, 2010
Clearing the Eye said:
Jack the Potato said:
Clearing the Eye said:
Jack the Potato said:
thaluikhain said:
Guns, germs and steel?

Anyway, some group was always going to do better than the others, based on random chance.

Europe happened to develop faster than other groups, or perhaps didn't run into stagnation, and was able to dominate the others. This will change at some point, but hasn't yet.

Look at places like Japan or Singapore, for example, they were able to make the most of the changing world and have done well for themselves as nations.
While I agree, I just feel like pointing out that while Japan was an impressive nation before WW2, AFTER WW2 most of its progress was due to massive rebuilding and reconstructing efforts from the US. It's why the USA and Japan are best buddies today even though we nuked them... twice.
Dropped them right on residential cities, too. The Yanks attempted to tell us both cities happened to be important military points, but considering something like 90% or more of the causalities were civilians >_>

Pretty much as disgraceful as the Jewish Holocaust, only smaller.
Wow. Not even close. Not even in the same ballpark. Not even in the same country! No. Just, no.
I'd call dropping nuclear weapons on innocent men, women and children akin to genocide--just on a much smaller scale. Areas of Japan are still fucked from it; birth defects, cancers and disease still claim lives. Watched a sad documentary about it a few weeks ago on The Discovery Channel. They interviewed a woman who was a child when it happened. The U.S. wanted to know what the radiation would do to humans, especially children, so they organized "medical research" teams to go over and "help." She vividly recalled being inspected and made to take her clothes off in front of a room full of men. Disgusting stuff, really.

One of the many reasons I hate the U.S. with all of my tiny, black heart, lol.
the Empire of the Rising Sun had no civilians, all citizens were considered resources for the war, and at the disposal of the empire. near the end of the war people were being plucked off the streets and handed a rifle. at the time there were 2 choices, the bomb or a land invasion, in the event of a land invasion every man, woman and child would charge into battle and the invading armies would be forced to systematically exterminate the nation. the bomb did not just destroy two cities, it demolished the resolve of the empire, forcing surrender without the need for a far more bloody land invasion. the bomb saves lives.

Jun 11, 2008
Darkmantle said:

Because they mean Caucasian.

Blue kinda colour is Caucasian areas.

As in place of origin it is certain a Caucasian place as an empire they took anyone as slaves and anyone can be a citizen so a valid argument could be made for being nothing.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Blazing Steel said:
Clearing the Eye said:
Father Time said:
Elaborate because what you've just said is very generalised. Pretty much anyone who's ever had contact with the Native Americans tried to eliminate them, just by the time Americans got around to it, other nations were on more friendly terms. As for Indian, do you mean "Red Indians" linking on from your first point or do you mean the people from India because you've mentioned British colonies and since they were present in both areas it could be either.
Because the Spanish and French (maybe the Dutch, too?) butchered the Native Americans, it's less horrific how the early Americans slaughtered them? Not really, lol. It's the same with the English/Australians; we absolutely massacred the Aboriginal people, wiped entire family trees out and killed every single native person in Tasmania. Pretty fucked up.

Bato

Oct 18, 2009
Clearing the Eye said:
Bato said:
More like: knee-cap everyone around you, steal their shit and then kill them, lol.

It's funny how much the Roman Empire gets mentioned in regard to Western culture and science. I think the Greeks did a lot more for what we consider the modern Western world. For a while they were almost an idyllic civilization, full of art, liberating government and proud people. But you know... people got jealous and fucked them pretty good :/
Yeah they kind of tore themselves apart. Which makes me really sad.
And then Modern Day Greece nearly goes bankrupt by being silly.

swani24

Apr 27, 2009
Europe is the ideal place for civilization to grow, for instance lots of flat arable land, rivers for transportation and water,ideal climates and more! European civs advanced at a faster rate because many of the basic needs other civilizations had to worry about we already taken care of by the area in which they lived. Also the constant warfare in this area plus the religious constraints that focused all the peoples efforts in one unquestionable direction led to societies that had to constantly advance to stay even with enemies/competitors.

Cedric Rolle III

Apr 22, 2012
Jack the Potato said:
Clearing the Eye said:
Jack the Potato said:
Well, Europeans civilizations basically raped, pillaged, and ruined many civilizations that were advancing at a decent pace. Then they colonized all the places that had the best resources, usually over the ruins of those civilizations they wrecked. It was how the world worked back then, really. It could have just as easily been any other geographically based ethnicity that did so. Nobody's really to blame for it, it was just how the world worked back then.
But how did the white population, much, much younger than the others, manage to gain better technology, health and government that quick? We sort of went from zero to one hundred in five minutes, while everyone else struggled to get up to sixty. Then, with our technology that must have seemed godly to the poor natives, we took over everything.
They started the raping and pillaging long before technology caught up. It started with the Greeks, then the Romans, then the English, French, and Spanish, then America (at least with the slave trade). And again, Europe and America are overly-abundant in natural resources, as opposed to Africa or the Middle East. So really it just comes down to circumstance and dumb luck.

They only started to vastly outpace the rest of the world during the industrial revolution, anyway.
LMAO, thank you total stranger.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Bato said:
Clearing the Eye said:
Bato said:

Yeah they kind of tore themselves apart. Which makes me really sad.
And then Modern Day Greece nearly goes bankrupt by being silly.
It's a train wreck. I'm not some terrorist nut, but 9/11 and the various other attacks (such as in England and South-East Asia) pretty much ruined Greece. What do the Greeks export? Fuck all, lol. Besides tourism, they didn't have much bringing in money, so when the world went into lockdown, they suffered. Now, for the millionth time, Germany saves the Eurozone like a boss. Pretty amazing considering before WWII, Germany was a disaster and after it they were even worse off. Somehow they managed to get back on top in no time. Hard bastards :p