Who else thinks that ME3 will be a dissapointment.

Seventh Actuality

Apr 23, 2010
bussinroundz said:
By they're own admittance, they don't even like video games. They just wanna make soap operas now. They're 'gameplay' hasn't been good since BG 2.
You mean "by the admittance of that one woman who isn't even in charge of anything except the story, making her pretty much ideal for the role".

nin_ninja

Nov 12, 2009
Clive Howlitzer said:
I can't imagine it'd be that bad. Of course, I am on my third playthrough of Dragon Age 2, so I must be a retard!
Join the retard club. WE ALL GET PURTY HATS!

OT: No, I do not think Mass Effect 3 will be bad. I have enjoyed all their games from KotOR to the Dragon Age, from Baldur's Gate to Mass Effect, from Jade Empire to Sonic: Dark....wait never played that one.

I enjoyed DA 2 even though most people thought it was such a big change from DA:O. Guess what? It was. This industry thrives on change and experimentation. I know Bioware has been changed by EA, but they are not whoring out. Want to know who is? Look at Bethesda's Horse Armour. Look at Harmonix selling every song invented by man. Look at Infinity Ware's $15 map packs.

KelsieKatt

May 14, 2008
Probably, but oh well...

I'll give it a rent just in case, but I'm not expecting much.

If it turns out to be more like what I was hoping for, I'll be ecstatic, but I highly doubt that's going to happen.

On the positive side of things, I've learned since Dragon Age 2, and to a lesser extent Mass Effect 2 not to get my hopes up, so at least I won't be able to be disappointed this time, which saves me a lot of trouble. Not to mention if I do like it, that would be a pleasant surprise, so I have nothing to lose overall.

Certainly not pre-ordering this time though.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Didn't even like the first 2, so I doubt that I'll be disappointed by a game I won't buy.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009

I'm sure the game will be good at the very least. Of course I'm not going to hype it up for myself just in case.

Really though, the way Bioware's fanbase seems to work, (in fact any fanbase really) there will always be a portion of it that will be disappointed with the final product. There's no avoiding that.

NotYetForsaken

Power in Procedure
Sep 27, 2010
Shameless said:
I think it will be a disappointment, rarely a trilogy has a it's 3rd installment be it's best, you know why? expectation will be sky high.
TeS, LotR, SW:OT, Warcraft Trilogy, Diablo Trilogy, Battlefield Trilogy (Well not really in terms of story but gameplay.), Saints Row Trilogy, GTA Franchise, I'm sure there are many I forget, but living up to the hype is not that rare.

OpticalJunction

Jul 1, 2011
The reaction to da2 probably made Bioware much more concerned to make me3 a success, two bad games in a row would look especially bad. So I think it'll be great.

Denariax

Nov 3, 2010
Mass Effect has been crap since the original. It specializes in a story that isn't even that good. Now they're adding multiplayer. It's kind of cute to see all the failing.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
I don't play Mass Effect because I want an RPG. That's hat I buy Bethesda games for. I buy Bioware games because of the rich universes, well-written characters and memorable stories.

TheDooD

Dec 23, 2010
Shameless said:
I think it will be a disappointment, rarely a trilogy has a it's 3rd installment be it's best, you know why? expectation will be sky high.
ME3 is gonna be like Episode 3 really hyped up, some cool action scenes, something that'll be MEME fuel and of course a troll as twist. When it's all over you'll be like they could have done better.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
oh look one of thease threads....

I have no reason to doubt ME3 because I loved ME2, be sad for thr series to end though

Jnat

Feb 1, 2010
I expect the worst. Almost all the trailers have been about Shepard shooting people.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
The sad thing is, even if the shooting overshadows all the rpg elements and the single player gets shortened drastically to allow for multiplayer focus and all the female characters are made to dress in a sexually exploitative way and the plot ends with a really dumb deus ex machina.... if it lets me finish off the story and get closure with beloved characters (Ashley, Garrus, Wrex, Jack, Mordin, Legion, Tali etc) I will still call it a great game regardless.

I've been emotionally invested in the character's stories and their relationship with Shepard for almost six years now and I want to see the conclusion to that and get my closure so that I can just add 'Mass Effect' to the list of games that I've completed.
It was the same with Halo, the same with Gears of War and pretty soon it'll be the same with Mass Effect. I just want to see how it all ends and hope that it ends the way I want it to.
Everything else, is secondary.

craftomega

May 4, 2011
Im not saying I wont like the game only that it will not be as good as I wish it could be.

I am going to buy this game.
I am going to like this game.
I dont think ill like it near as much as I could.
I blame EA for making stupid release dates.
I think EA is a greedy whore.

I think EA will make the quality of this game suffer ALOT.

NickCaligo42

Oct 7, 2007
Psycho-Toaster said:
If you think it'll be a disappointment, then it won't be, unless it's even more of a disappointment than you imagine.
Dragon Age 2. :p I didn't have positive expectations for it. Didn't HATE the first game, but I really didn't like it either. Somehow they managed to botch it far worse than I could possibly have imagined, to the point that I've come to appreciate the first one a lot more for at least doing well at being a type of game I don't much like.

From what I've seen of ME3, the beta leak and everything... yeeeah. Expectations are pretty low.