Who else thinks that ME3 will be a dissapointment.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I'm going to be so horribly disappointed that I'll only play it six times.

longboardfan

Jul 27, 2011
Mass Effect 3 will be yet another boring 3rd person shooter with minimal plot, day one dlc, and a cumbersome combat system. Why? Because making ammo scarce, weapons weak, abilities useless (except on easy/normal), and chest high walls as far as the eye can see is what people want.

I've been watching the lets plays of Modern Warfare 3, and its duck and cover 10 minute long running fire fights followed by either a cut scene or some dialog followed by a short mission intro for the next mission.

I watched Battlefield 3's story mode and its the same thing. Snorefest minimalist plot that no one cares about with lots of infinite spawn enemies until you move a few feet forward, with wooden dialog and texture pop-ins.

And lets not forget Gears of War 3, lots of chest high walls, more walls, and more walls, and bad dialog/acting/story.

But you see, the difference is those games I just mentioned are $60(US) multiplayer platforms and few buy them for the story, they buy the games for the multiplayer.

Mass Effect 3 doesn't have that excuse. Its going to be linear corridors filled with chest high walls, with an even more stripped down combat system. My best guess is they'll make it so you have one maybe two guns and no special weapons this time. Perhaps you'll even be able to pick up enemy weapons when you run out of ammo because they won't drop any. Maybe even "streamline" combat even further by removing psionics all-together. I mean whats the point of playing an Adept if all the enemies are immune to your abilities if they have shields or armour or barrier up or all three.

I have played the first game in all difficulty modes and most classes almost a dozen times since its release. I've played ME2 once on easy because I hated the combat so much. And if I ever scan another planet ever again, I'll break my game disks.

I'm not buying the game. I'm going to watch a lets play of it and forget the series continued past the first one.

TheCowman

Oct 22, 2011
nin_ninja said:
Clive Howlitzer said:
I can't imagine it'd be that bad. Of course, I am on my third playthrough of Dragon Age 2, so I must be a retard!
Join the retard club. WE ALL GET PURTY HATS!

According to the OP, this invalidates any opinion I might have, but I'll give it anyway.

No, I don't think I'll be disappointed in ME3. Which is the only statement I can make. Asking if I think the game will be a disappointment in general is an unanswerable question.

Of course, I liked all the changes made in ME2. And not just story points either. In the first ME, I never touched my special abilities. I dumped all my points into Assault Rifles and Charm/Intimidate, set my companions power usage to "whenever they feel like it", and just went to town.

Compare that to ME2 where Adrenaline Boost was my new best friend and I was swapping in and out ammo types at least once in every firefight, and I ended up using the "RPG" elements much more in the sequel. Plus the ending is always an edge-of-your-seat ride for me. Even on my sixth playthrough I'm constantly convincing myself that I've forgotten to do SOMETHING, and one of my beloved squad mates is going to die.

Also, romance characters all got their own unique scenes instead of just pasting a character model into the same one. And not only were they actually tamer than the scene in ME, in one you don't even have sex. You just cuddle on the bed. Not to mention that in ME I didn't even realize I HAD a cabin until I stumbled across it on one of my repeat playthroughs. In ME2, I was constantly going upstairs to check out Shepard's crib.

I've never played a Call of Duty game. I don't like multiplayer. I liked the combat in ME2 better and am not worried in the slightest about ME3's co-op multiplayer. In the realm of game development, you really are damned if you do, damned if you don't. If ME2 had been the same game as ME, people would have accused Bioware of going downhill because they didn't innovate. So they changed it and people said they were going downhill because they "sold out" and "dumbed it down" or any other of the hot button phrases people use when complaining about a sequel. Many probably wouldn't be happy unless Mass Effect was from a top-down perspective and you clicked on enemies to shoot at them.

So, while I can't say whether or not it'll be a disappointment for you, I doubt it will disappoint me. But, as mentioned above, I'm apparantly in the retard club for liking DA2 just as much as DA. So take that for what you will.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
TheCowman said:
nin_ninja said:
Clive Howlitzer said:
I can't imagine it'd be that bad. Of course, I am on my third playthrough of Dragon Age 2, so I must be a retard!
Let me join 4 playthoughs (around 140 hours put into DA 2).

For me ME 3 won't be a disappointment because i play it for the lore/universe. I really like the world. I wouldn't even mind a the universe loses ending after giving it all. Me3 for me is one of the 2 games i really look forward atm(the other being Zelda SS).

Crazy

Oct 4, 2011
craftomega said:
Look im not trying to troll but ever since DA2 I dont trust bioware anymore, bluntly ever since EA took over I feel that the Bioware that brought us NWN 1, KOTOR 1, and ME 1 Is dead.
Thank goodness, I thought I'd have to survive more annoyances. But anyway...

I'm not getting ME3 anytime soon, nor will I probably get it.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
Abedeus said:
I also think that game I've never played before and haven't even seen a beta or demo will be bad!
Stop generalising, I've played a demo. It's pretty disappointing, though not in an entirely bad way.
Didn't realize they released a demo already.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
D Moness said:
TheCowman said:
nin_ninja said:
Clive Howlitzer said:
Let me join 4 playthoughs (around 140 hours put into DA 2).

For me ME 3 won't be a disappointment because i play it for the lore/universe. I really like the world. I wouldn't even mind a the universe loses ending after giving it all. Me3 for me is one of the 2 games i really look forward atm(the other being Zelda SS).
Woo, me too! Herp Derp, brothers!

Yeah, I think ME3 will be GREAT. If it's as good as ME2, I won't be disappointed, and it's already looking to be better.

I hate all the hate that's spewed at Bioware. Most of it is undeserved. DA2 wasn't TERRIBLE, it was just a trip in the wrong direction. They've learned.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
Abedeus said:
SirBryghtside said:
Abedeus said:
I also think that game I've never played before and haven't even seen a beta or demo will be bad!
Stop generalising, I've played a demo. It's pretty disappointing, though not in an entirely bad way.
Didn't realize they released a demo already.
Actually, I played it at EuroGamer. So you're partly right, but it isn't that hard to find a video on YouTube either to confirm just how similar to ME2 it is.
Which would be good for me, considering I played ME2 at least three times from A to Z.

Everyone seems to be in delusion that ME was some golden child, ignoring the terrible Mako missions, probably one of the worst inventory...systems (right next to the last Final Fantasy MMO, where selling one item took more than 5-10 seconds at times), and needlessly complicated leveling system. And overheat bug, dear God, overheat bug.

craftomega

May 4, 2011
longboardfan said:
Mass Effect 3 will be yet another boring 3rd person shooter with minimal plot, day one dlc, and a cumbersome combat system. Why? Because making ammo scarce, weapons weak, abilities useless (except on easy/normal), and chest high walls as far as the eye can see is what people want.

I've been watching the lets plays of Modern Warfare 3, and its duck and cover 10 minute long running fire fights followed by either a cut scene or some dialog followed by a short mission intro for the next mission.

I watched Battlefield 3's story mode and its the same thing. Snorefest minimalist plot that no one cares about with lots of infinite spawn enemies until you move a few feet forward, with wooden dialog and texture pop-ins.

And lets not forget Gears of War 3, lots of chest high walls, more walls, and more walls, and bad dialog/acting/story.

But you see, the difference is those games I just mentioned are $60(US) multiplayer platforms and few buy them for the story, they buy the games for the multiplayer.

Mass Effect 3 doesn't have that excuse. Its going to be linear corridors filled with chest high walls, with an even more stripped down combat system. My best guess is they'll make it so you have one maybe two guns and no special weapons this time. Perhaps you'll even be able to pick up enemy weapons when you run out of ammo because they won't drop any. Maybe even "streamline" combat even further by removing psionics all-together. I mean whats the point of playing an Adept if all the enemies are immune to your abilities if they have shields or armour or barrier up or all three.

I have played the first game in all difficulty modes and most classes almost a dozen times since its release. I've played ME2 once on easy because I hated the combat so much. And if I ever scan another planet ever again, I'll break my game disks.

I'm not buying the game. I'm going to watch a lets play of it and forget the series continued past the first one.
Well you could at least give it a chance 0.0

But sadly your right in all accounts :(

Palfreyfish

Mar 18, 2011
TheDarkestDerp said:
Probably.

They've built up a bit too much hype around their own product at this point for it to please everyone, no matter how good or pretty good it ends up being. I'm personally not too keen on the notion of 'multiplayer mode' as time spent on a feature I'm NEVER going to use could have been used on developing the actual game, rather than a feature dependent upon outside input for entertainment value.
Can I just point out that it's not Bioware making the Multiplayer component, it's an offshoot studio but I can't remember their name... It'll come to me.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I don't. I liked ME1 and ME2 and I think ME3 will be good.

I co8uld go onto some argument over how the labels of good and bad are completely arbitrary and bullshit so it doesn't matter what either of us thinks but I'm just going to instead say that if you don't think it will be good, then don't buy it right away and wait and see. It's just a game.

TheDarkestDerp

Dec 6, 2010
Palfreyfish said:
TheDarkestDerp said:
Probably.

They've built up a bit too much hype around their own product at this point for it to please everyone, no matter how good or pretty good it ends up being. I'm personally not too keen on the notion of 'multiplayer mode' as time spent on a feature I'm NEVER going to use could have been used on developing the actual game, rather than a feature dependent upon outside input for entertainment value.
Can I just point out that it's not Bioware making the Multiplayer component, it's an offshoot studio but I can't remember their name... It'll come to me.

You may, but it's an irrelevant point. Multi-player and particularly online multi-player is a feature I find only somewhat interesting and only on specific games. Mass Effect has never been one of them.

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
The only thing I'm worried about with ME3 is that it will have Origin as a req.... If that's the case well... I'll still play it.... begrudgingly. I've kept the same character going for the last two games, I cannot have it just end right now. Would be like reading a book and never reading the last few chapters. I already have a lot invested in this character to just not find out what happens. Even if the game turns out to be a complete mess (which I honestly doubt, say what you will about Dragon Age 2 but it was definitely playable) then I will still play it.

Palfreyfish

Mar 18, 2011
TheDarkestDerp said:
Palfreyfish said:
TheDarkestDerp said:
Probably.

You may, but it's an irrelevant point. Multi-player and particularly online multi-player is a feature I find only somewhat interesting and only on specific games. Mass Effect has never been one of them.
Oh no I don't care about the multi-player part, it's unnecessary and doesn't really add anything to the overarching plot line. But thankfully the development of the MP isn't taking any time away from the development of the single player story, so we still get what the writers intended, but with an added piece of crap to satisfy the gamers with the short attention spans.

Basically MP is like a cheat for not doing all the side missions/loyalty missions etc, in that it can be used to increase "Galactic Readiness" as opposed to doing it the SP way. This means that the gamers who are just playing for some action or because it's the next big title or whatever can get their multi-player fix and also have their co-operative play be rewarded in their single player campaign.

Me however? I won't touch that except to get the achievements out of it right at the very end of the time, when some kind of ME prequel/spin-off/etc comes around like it inevitably will. Just like Halo...

Also apologies for the lack of apostrophes in the Spoiler description, they were doing something funny with the description... Ah well.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
SecretNegative said:
Abedeus said:
And overheat bug, dear God, overheat bug.
Heh, I thought I was the only one who had that one, we're talking that weapons stay overheated, right? But worse than that, I hated the offscreen instakills, you know, the snipers, the krogan headbutts and the Thresher Maw.
Yup. I remember quick saving every 2 minutes, or 30 seconds in missions, in case next fight my weapons get stuck on Overheat. Forever.

...Killing Sovereign with a pistol while playing shotgun-wielding character, not so fun. Pistol I never upgraded on account of NOT USING IT AT ALL.

The alternative was quick loading a 30 minutes ago save. And I think once I did lose 2 or 3 hours because overheat bug was apparently a "feature" as I discovered on Bioware forums. After I was blamed for piracy, of course.

craftomega

May 4, 2011
Abedeus said:
SecretNegative said:
Abedeus said:
And overheat bug, dear God, overheat bug.
Heh, I thought I was the only one who had that one, we're talking that weapons stay overheated, right? But worse than that, I hated the offscreen instakills, you know, the snipers, the krogan headbutts and the Thresher Maw.
Yup. I remember quick saving every 2 minutes, or 30 seconds in missions, in case next fight my weapons get stuck on Overheat. Forever.

...Killing Sovereign with a pistol while playing shotgun-wielding character, not so fun. Pistol I never upgraded on account of NOT USING IT AT ALL.

The alternative was quick loading a 30 minutes ago save. And I think once I did lose 2 or 3 hours because overheat bug was apparently a "feature" as I discovered on Bioware forums. After I was blamed for piracy, of course.
But did you pirate ;)

Indeed many AAA games have there bugs some more then most. I think ME1 can be forgiven.