Who is the world's greatest thief (real or fictional)?

Hikikomori Ookami

Jun 26, 2009
Artemis Entreri. Technically an assassin, but he's a pretty good thief when he decides he wants to take something without killing someone.

Trotgar

Sep 13, 2009
zerzxes said:
LooK iTz Jinjo said:
zerzxes said:
Bill Gates.... Don't deny, he stole our lives!
That would be Blizzard and WoW.
Would theyt had the possibility without Bill Gates? NO!
They could have just been developed on another platform, like Mac or Linux (would be more used platforms) or something that would've risen very high without Microsoft.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Kaito Kid from Detective Conan and Magical Kaito series. He doesn't just steal, he makes a specticle of it and gets away dressed completely in white.

Feb 18, 2009
Iron Mal said:
The worlds greatest thief would probably be a man who no-one has ever heard of or seen, hence the fact that he's a great thief (it kinda defeats the point of being the planet's greatest sneaky bastard if everyone knows who you are and what you look like).
Unless one strives to be the world´s greatest and the most dashing thief. If the thief is both well-known and still uncaptured, he would have to be a real genius. Thieving for kicks usually aims for fame.

My vote goes to Arséne Lupin, a gentleman thief extraordinaire.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Kollega said:
Sandiego,no contest. She stole,among other things,
our galaxy.
Is that cool or what?
Holy crap, I didn't know she went that far. That totally beats out the Daleks stealing 27 planets.

Photon987

May 27, 2009
Quite unoriginal of me, but I guess my vote goes to Bernard Madoff. He may not have stolen priceless art, or pulled the jewel heist of the century, but I'll be damned if roughly $65 billion isn't something to write home about.

Granted, people were foolhardy to believe that they could get the returns he was promising, and that that foolishness is what allowed him to get away with as much as he did. Still, though, that was quite the haul.

Auron555

Jun 15, 2008
Um, Paul from FF2 is described by several as "the greatest thief in the world."
I'mma go with him.

OniSuika

Jul 11, 2009
Locke from Final Fantasy VI.

Wait, sorry, he's a "treasure hunter".

But anyone with the skills to steal clothes of of people while they're still wearing them has to be a good thief, right?