Who is the worst Final Fantasy character ever?

Faux Furry

Apr 19, 2011
I think that it has been established previously, but Black Belt [http://www.eyesonff.com/ff1/parties.php] is the worst Final Fantasy character ever by a wide margin,at least when one fills one's party with Black Belts.

Sep 17, 2009
Cridhe said:
Nautical Honors Society said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Well every final fantasy character from every game is the same just copy and pasted from one generation to the next, so it should be more like "what is the worst Final Fantasy character personality" and in that case I'd have to go with the kooky girl.
How many Final Fantasy games have you played again?
10, 13, and 7. Only owned 10 and that was enough for me. Dot get defensive haha you know it's true.
That's exactly what I assumed. 7, 10 and 13 is not "every game".
It's enough. I stand by my statement. Their personalities are just copy pasted from one game to the next.
No, no it isn't enough. You've played three of the games, and not any of the good ones. This is a game I have been playing since I was 6 years old and you sir, have no a fucking clue of what you speak.

Good fail to you.
Haha alright man didn't know you'd get so offended. Sure, sure maybe in wrong. But I just highly doubt it.
Come back after you play 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 9
No thank you, I stand by what I said and you couldn't pay me to play all those games.
Well then it's just as I said, you really have no idea what you're talking about, and you're just spewing misinformation. Either that, or a troll.
It's my opinion dude. All I am saying is that FF tends to have niche personality roles filled by certain characters. The light-hearted fearless leader, the kooky little girl, the ethnic guy, the soft yet assured female love interest, the badass chick with a dark past, and the thickheaded guy with the soft side.

I am neither trolling nor misinformed, I just have an opinion you don't like.
As long as you understand just how uninformed and uneducated your opinion is, that's fine. I've been playing Final Fantasy since I was 6 years old and your opinion is utterly and factually wrong, that's not an opinion.

I go to three restaurants that serve the same style nachos, so OBVIOUSLY in my opinion the entire menu is the same everywhere. Give me a break dude.
No I went to three different resturants of the same chain and I sampled the entire menu. I am pretty sure after you've been to 3 Taco Bells you've been to them all.

I have played some of the games so my opinion by definition is educated (maybe not as educated as yours, but still). Also, by definition, an opinion can't be wrong whether you think it is educated or not.

Just so you know

opinion n. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

No need to have been playing the games my entire life to form one of these buddy.

Cridhe

May 24, 2011
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Well every final fantasy character from every game is the same just copy and pasted from one generation to the next, so it should be more like "what is the worst Final Fantasy character personality" and in that case I'd have to go with the kooky girl.
10, 13, and 7. Only owned 10 and that was enough for me. Dot get defensive haha you know it's true.
It's enough. I stand by my statement. Their personalities are just copy pasted from one game to the next.
No, no it isn't enough. You've played three of the games, and not any of the good ones. This is a game I have been playing since I was 6 years old and you sir, have no a fucking clue of what you speak.

Good fail to you.
Haha alright man didn't know you'd get so offended. Sure, sure maybe in wrong. But I just highly doubt it.
No thank you, I stand by what I said and you couldn't pay me to play all those games.
Well then it's just as I said, you really have no idea what you're talking about, and you're just spewing misinformation. Either that, or a troll.
It's my opinion dude. All I am saying is that FF tends to have niche personality roles filled by certain characters. The light-hearted fearless leader, the kooky little girl, the ethnic guy, the soft yet assured female love interest, the badass chick with a dark past, and the thickheaded guy with the soft side.

As long as you understand just how uninformed and uneducated your opinion is, that's fine. I've been playing Final Fantasy since I was 6 years old and your opinion is utterly and factually wrong, that's not an opinion.

I go to three restaurants that serve the same style nachos, so OBVIOUSLY in my opinion the entire menu is the same everywhere. Give me a break dude.
No I went to three different resturants of the same chain and I sampled the entire menu. I am pretty sure after you've been to 3 Taco Bells you've been to them all.

I have played some of the games so my opinion by definition is educated (maybe not as educated as yours, but still). Also, by definition, an opinion can't be wrong whether you think it is educated or not.

Just so you know

No need to have been playing the games my entire life to form one of these buddy.
You can only have a personal opinion on what data you've collected. You have an incomplete data, 3/13 pieces. You can NOT make the determination that all characters are copy pasted. It's not true. So yeah your opinion is factually and fundamentally flawed and wrong.

Sep 17, 2009
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:

Good fail to you.

Just so you know

You can only have a personal opinion on what data you've collected. You have an incomplete data, 3/13 pieces. You can NOT make the determination that all characters are copy pasted. It's not true. So yeah your opinion is factually and fundamentally flawed and wrong.
Opinions can't be wrong. I am not saying anything about the factual content of the game I am only making an observation based on experience. I am not saying anything that can really be proven, thus an opinion.

They are beautiful things opinions. They can never be wrong and they are almost meaningless.

If this video game series really means that much to you why do you care so much about what I think about it. Have a little more faith in your disposition...unless you actually have something to defend? Maybe you see my point a little? Hmmm who knows.

Cridhe

May 24, 2011
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:

Good fail to you.

Just so you know

Opinions can't be wrong. I am not saying anything about the factual content of the game I am only making an observation based on experience. I am not saying anything that can really be proven, thus an opinion.

They are beautiful things opinions. They can never be wrong and they are almost meaningless.

If this video game series really means that much to you why do you care so much about what I think about it. Have a little more faith in your disposition...unless you actually have something to defend? Maybe you see my point a little? Hmmm who knows.
Yes, your opinion that every character personality type is copy-pasted through the series of 13 games IS in fact wrong. When an opinion is compromised by fact, yes it can be completely and entirely wrong.

Detheroth

Oct 23, 2010
I despised Lightning from FFXIII, she was simply a female Cloud and she annoyed the hell out of me with the split personality disorder. They can't expect me to connect to a character who starts off as Ice Queen and suffers from so many mood swings that I'm surprised she hasn't been diagnosed as mentally unstable, becoming a L'cie is the least of her worries. Either that or Tidus, he was so damn annoying!
My favourite character would have to be Squall. Well, it isn't from FF but I prefer his character in Kingdom Hearts, but Squall is his own man doing his own thing and the only reason he has other people with him is because they happen to share an agenda with him. I find him an amazing character.

Sep 17, 2009
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:

Good fail to you.

Just so you know

Yes, your opinion that every character personality type is copy-pasted through the series of 13 games IS in fact wrong. When an opinion is compromised by fact, yes it can be completely and entirely wrong.
How would I know if the characters are copy pasted through all 13 games? I only know they are through 3 games because I have only played 3 games.

And because of that I just made an assumption.

It's just my opinion, why does it bother you so much? I think you deem this worthy of a defense.

Cridhe

May 24, 2011
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:

Good fail to you.

Just so you know

How would I know if the characters are copy pasted through all 13 games? I only know they are through 3 games because I have only played 3 games.

It's just my opinion, why does it bother you so much? I think you deem this worthy of a defense.
It's always annoyed me when people base their assumption of an entire game series of 13 based on 7+. Even more so when they base it off 7, 10 and 13.

Let's start a list, just off 7 and 10 and relate the characters.

Yuffie =/= Rikku

Vincent =/= ??

Cid =/= ??

Barret =/= ??

Cloud =/= ??

Tifa =/= ??

Aeris =/= ??

Cait Sith =/= ??

Red XIII =/= ??

Sep 17, 2009
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:

Good fail to you.

Just so you know

It's always annoyed me when people base their assumption of an entire game series of 13 based on 7+. Even more so when they base it off 7, 10 and 13.

Yuffie =/= Rikku

Vincent =/= ??

Cid =/= ??

Barret =/= ??

Cloud =/= ??

Tifa =/= ??

Aeris =/= ??

Cait Sith =/= ??

Red XIII =/= ??
Haha no thanks man. Fun talk though. I wish you the best throughout the rest of your FF experience.

Cridhe

May 24, 2011
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:

Good fail to you.

Just so you know

Yuffie =/= Rikku

Vincent =/= ??

Cid =/= ??

Barret =/= ??

Cloud =/= ??

Tifa =/= ??

Aeris =/= ??

Cait Sith =/= ??

Red XIII =/= ??
Haha no thanks man. Fun talk though. I wish you the best throughout the rest of your FF experience.
Exactly. Good fail to you, sir.

Sep 17, 2009
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:
Cridhe said:

Good fail to you.

Just so you know

Yuffie =/= Rikku

Vincent =/= ??

Cid =/= ??

Barret =/= ??

Cloud =/= ??

Tifa =/= ??

Aeris =/= ??

Cait Sith =/= ??

Red XIII =/= ??
Exactly. Good fail to you, sir.
Yes I fail because I don't feel like wasting my time. Ok, what is that...I don't even. I was just trying to be nice man.

smokeraven

Aug 22, 2008
Hope, definitely Hope, throughtout FF XIII, I was thinking, "please, for the love of god, somebody apply duct tape to this kid's mouth!"

The_Ghost_Ninja

Dec 28, 2008
Well since you asked, I'd have to say Sephiroth...
Come at me! XD

I've never given a damn, the characters are only hair templates imo..

attackshark

Nov 16, 2010
Defense said:
Hah, okay then. Maybe I'd believe you more if Bethesda was a Japanese company.

(It could also be a bad translation if the thought ever crossed your mind)
i would argue the bethesda has poor execution as opposed to having bad writers.

i think i maybe went too far when i inferred that all of the japanese are bad writers. but i can say for certain the 95% of all anime based writing is terrible. they try to give so many layers to these one-dimensional characters and it ends up being convoluted and bad. take auron for example. what is his role? the stoic, grizzled veteran with a devil may care attitude. what is his relationship to the protagonist? that he was there for a few flashbacks. he also serves as a bridge between the past and present. the problem is that the past just leads to other bad characters. so not only is he uninteresting, he's bad at his job. in my mind, he doesn't have any relatable qualities to ground him in the imagination. if he were written well, regardless of translation issues, his character would still make sense and we might actually like him.

and that is why i believe they are so bad at writing, at least from and anime stand point. these characters are so cut off by their own archetypes that it's impossible to take them seriously or even like them.

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
WouldYouKindly said:
Herbsk said:
Lol, You obviously didn't get my joke.

"Cid", as a name, has been in every Final Fantasy ever created. Be it an NPC, a playable character, or even just someone mentioned in backstory.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
Byere said:
WouldYouKindly said:
Herbsk said:

"Cid", as a name, has been in every Final Fantasy ever created. Be it an NPC, a playable character, or even just someone mentioned in backstory.
I was just being ridiculous. Though my point still stands, FF VII Cid was pretty awesome. Your post was just a place I could say it.

woodaba

May 31, 2011
Cridhe said:
Byere said:
WouldYouKindly said:
Herbsk said:

Actually Cid never appeared in Final Fantasy I
Actually, he is in it. Although he never appears, he is mentioned in the anniversary remake as the creator of the skypeoples airships and is known as "Cid of the Lufiane"