Who is your favourite developer in business right now?

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
From software . Demons/Dark souls are my favorite games this generation . They simply brought sexy back

klown

Jun 6, 2012
This is easy for me, there are 2.

Valve - No brainer, they are awesome.

Suckerpunch - They have made some of my favorite games ever, and their amazing Infamous series was almost perfect. They understand Character development, and emotional weight so well. I have rarely ever had supporting characters feelings toward me mean so much as I did in Infamous II. When I make them upset with me, I really felt upset and ashamed.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Sean Hollyman said:
Gamefreak

Call me simple, but I love what they do with Pokemon. They retain the same basic, working formula, and they improve on it with every new generation.

And make damn good game music.
I've got to jump on this one too I think. I have enjoyed pretty much any Pokemon game ever made, I haven't liked all the Pokemon and the designs, but I have bought every single game and the one I have played the least still got more than 50 hours clocked.

I would have said Tales studios, but they ceased to exist 11 months ago. Those have pretty much made my highest ranking games list.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
I can not ignore Gearbox right now for making Borderlands 2. Then there is Valve, but it's hard to call them a dev these days.
Bhaalspawn said:
Anthraxus said:
Bhaalspawn said:
Yea, EA used to be good when they were making games like Road Rash back in 1990. But the topic was... in business RIGHT NOW.
They're still in business RIGHT NOW. And they're still making relatively good games.

I don't give a fuck about their business practices. If the game is worth playing, I'll buy it. I don't like MADDEN or Battlefield, but thankfully that's not all they make.
Right now, they are a publisher. I don't even know what they have developed in the last decade. Show me one of your recent favorite games that has no other company logos on it that helped develop it. Your answer is invalid unless you find just one game that was developed, not published, by EA.

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
Im thinking Perfect world entertainment actually. They've released Torchlight (1 and 2), Blacklight:Retribution (quite possibly my favorite free to play game right now), theyre running Star trek online and champions online in a free to play format (two MMOs I really liked), and Raiderz (a free to play monster hunting MMO) is due out probably next year and I really enjoyed its closed beta

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
I really don't want to do developer worship anymore.

But as of right now, I like Gearbox. They made a solid sequel, obviously care about their game/product as a lot of love and care went into it that is pretty evident.

Like I said though, I really am past the desire to hold developers up on a pedestal.

Jak23

Oct 1, 2010
It's a toss up between From Software and Media Molecule. But I'm going to have to go with MM.

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
Sean Hollyman said:
Gamefreak

Call me simple, but I love what they do with Pokemon. They retain the same basic, working formula, and they improve on it with every new generation.

And make damn good game music.
This or Riot Games.

I've only been playing League for a few months now... but Riot really seems player focused. That's something I love to see.

Instant K4rma

StormFella
Aug 29, 2008
I'd probably toss my vote in for Bethesda. I've loved every game they've developed, and I've poured an embarrassing number of hours into their games. BioWare was a close second, but ultimately fell short with DA2 and TOR. Close, BioWare. So close.

GTwander

Mar 26, 2008
Vanillaware.
Everything they do is gold, albeit you have to have respect for our 2d roots to dig it.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Atlus. They're the only developer where I enjoyed every game I played by them. They made a game about cheating and stair puzzles awesome, I don't know any other company that could pull that off.