Who Still Watches Extra Credits?

Panzervaughn

Jul 19, 2009
Where they are has had no effect on their content. They are still the same insightful thoughtprovoking program theyve ever been.

If youre the kind of person to turn it off because of where its hosted, you're the one who needs to watch it most.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
Nope, For one I liked EC at first, but then they became a little preachy and it annoyed me to watch it so I fell out and then the incident happened and I don't really care that they left. That and I hate penny arcade so I wont go to penny arcade just to watch EC.

Snoozer

Jun 8, 2011
I still watch it, I see no reason not to. It's a good show and that didn't change.

Princess Rose

Jul 10, 2011
I watch both it and Checkpoint (formerly ENN) regularly. ^^

I'm a little sad they moved it to Wednesday, though - I have nothing new to watch on Thursdays anymore.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
I still watch it. In fact, I am less likely to come to the Escapist because they have lost their best academic view into the world of games. If EC didn't end up in a place that is a better fit for them, Id seriously question coming to the Escapist at all. Escapist seriously lost out when EC left.

Also, it is found on a game-centric site. Penny Arcade may kind of have a slightly broader focus sometimes, but gaming is still the central focus by a long shot.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
xXAsherahXx said:
I put this thread here because EC is about games. Place this thread wherever you wish Mod Overlords.

Anyhow, I'm wondering who here on the Escapist still watches EC even after it left, and still after it left Youtube.

If you do, does it still carry the same effect?

I still watch it. For me the effect has gone down a little only because it isn't found on a gaming centric site anymore. It isn't quite as empowering. Penny Arcade is a gaming site, but the Escapist is entirely centered around discussing about games etc. You know what I mean.
Yes.

Yes, I do.

In short, yes.

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
Of course. Extra Credits was the only thing I ever watched on this site. Yahtzee annoys the heck out of me.

player3141

May 16, 2011
I still watch it. I actually prefer it on youtube since I can now view it at a higher quality and on my ipod. I do feel sorry for both Escapist and the ExtraCredits. Neither can be making as much as they would normally would.

Project_Omega

Sep 7, 2009
xXAsherahXx said:
I put this thread here because EC is about games. Place this thread wherever you wish Mod Overlords.

Anyhow, I'm wondering who here on the Escapist still watches EC even after it left, and still after it left Youtube.

If you do, does it still carry the same effect?

I still watch it. For me the effect has gone down a little only because it isn't found on a gaming centric site anymore. It isn't quite as empowering. Penny Arcade is a gaming site, but the Escapist is entirely centered around discussing about games etc. You know what I mean.
I wondered where the EC banner went, I swear you guys read in my mind sometimes.

Wait, Penny Arcade is where Tycho Brahe is from, right?

He is like one of my favourite charaters of all time, especially from that game of theirs.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Yeah, I still watch it, and it's still awesome. They have been giving some of the best commentary on video games as a medium and a cultural phenomenon for their entire existence, and that does not change simply because they're on a different website.

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
I still watch it.
It was by far my favourite show on The Escapist.
I kinda like the way that it's now in HD on PA. Although I keep forgetting that it's on a Wednesday now. Their Twitter account reminds me though.

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
PA was already part of my morning routine along with the Escapist, so no change. It's nice for there to be something reliably good on PATV between PAtS seasons anyway, since Blamimations is more miss than hit IMO. Still, Checkpoint is usually good.

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
Of course. I watched EC when they started posting videos on YouTube. I continued watching them when they moved to Escapist. And I'll keep on watching them, as long as they keep posting videos somewhere.

JFrog84 said:
You know you could just install adblocker or noscript to FF for free?

OT: yeah I still watch it, no loss of impact here. Although I can't wait for Alison to be back, these visiting artists are a bit hit and miss.
Huh? Why did this post receive a warning? I'm greatly confused.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Kind of a black sheep here when I say I never have had the interest to watch it. Check my badges, I don't have a single badge for watching Extra Credits.

Dorian6

Apr 3, 2009
krychek57 said:
Metalhandkerchief said:
Nope. Penny Arcade bores me and I won't go there to watch EC.
This and the fact I'm not willing to watch a 30+ second ad before everyone. Yay to the PubClub!
That has to be the lamest reason ever. "I don't want to spend 30 extra seconds waiting for a video. Who cares if the Extra Credits guys get ad revenues from it? I'm a busy man. Stop wasting my time!"

Also, doesn't the Escapist have ads before their videos?

Comrade_Beric

Jacobin
May 10, 2010
I followed them to youtube but had to quit watching when James decided to make a Very Special Episode [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/VerySpecialEpisode]...