Who was your first crush?

Frission

Until I get thrown out.
May 16, 2011
Binnsyboy said:
I was about 11. Had a crush on the one redhead girl in my class.

Then again, my primary school was ridiculously small, with year groups of about a dozen or so, as it was just the village school. So she was one of two girls.
It's an obvious joke, but do you happen to be Charlie Brown?

OT: That was some time ago. I liked this girl who had a red bow in her hair, in grade school. I think it was first grade. She was a tomboy who managed to beat a lot of the boys in a variety of competitions. That and I remember she must have been pretty cute.

It's strange, I don't remember much about her, but I remember she was very good at sports.

Aug 19, 2010
There was this one french girl back in shanghai at the british international school...

Those were good times. Things were much, much simpler back then.

Nightmare-Child

Jul 14, 2010
Rebecca in the ninth grade. She was just one of those people that made me want to be a better person for being near her. A truly pure human being.

OldKingClancy

Jun 2, 2011
Girl in my primary school class called Amanda, met her when I was five took a liking to her. Blonde hair, blue eyes, very cute. Then when I was 9 I moved school and lost contact.

Met her again once a couple years ago (about 17, 18), didn't recognize her at first until I got home and my sister pointed her out. I should've asked her out, dammit.

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
Hmmm.. i my first crush on a girl and i remember her name was Miran and we were always in the same class starting either 1st or 2nd grade throughout till middle school ..don't remember how to spell it but it was said like mi-raahn... anyways she had short brown hair, really pretty and was really friendly with everyone in class... kind of wonder what ever happen to her... she was the daughter of our school's music teacher too.

Snowbell

Apr 13, 2012
Red X said:
Not that sad, i've never had a crush.
That's not sad, you may just have high boundries as to whom you find attractive - ie you just haven't met the right person to meet your high standards :D

Also you can date someone and feel romantically attracted to someone even if you don't have a crush on them :D

But you can't date someone who's not real

[sub][sub]Much to my dismay[/sub][/sub]

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
This girl called Olivia, I met her in... year 8 I think? Must have been about 14, it was on a school trip in the south of France. I continued to have a crush on her for ages, I had my science classes with her and being a teenage boy my only way of expressing my emotions was to be really annoying. We made out a christmas party when I was 15 (hooray for underage drinking!), which was the first sign I had that she actually liked me back (remember, emotionally clueless) and it made it really awkward for a few months after until we became a proper couple. We were together for what... a year and half I think, I was pretty useless throughout but she stuck with me until we had really drifted apart. By the time we broke up we shared none of the same friends and didn't talk that much anymore.

She had this really curly ginger hair and was thin-as-a-rake because she was always exercising, she was totally adorable. Now I'm pretty sure the whole thing was a bit more than a crush, I've experienced crushes since and it's not the same. As much as we had drifted apart I was still distraught for a couple of months afterwards and kinda ended up being a bit of a jerk towards her. I did send her message a while back, but she never replied. I figure she either hates me or assumed I was trying to hit on her so I didn't press it, but I do regret not staying in touch. Still, a decent relationship is a lot more than most people get out of their first crush so I suppose I should be grateful.

Sep 24, 2008
Non jokingly and kind of pathetic, Betty Boop.
While that's embarrassing, I'm going to change my real answer to this one

"The next person to reply to this"

I warn you, I subscribe to Creepy anime boy love. This will be unpleasant.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
This is kinda difficult, because I'm a lesbian and as a kid I didn't really recognise my crushes as crushes, because girls weren't supposed to have 'crushes' on other girls. But kinda depends on the definition of a crush anyway. There were boys I liked, in a way I like certain men these days, but it's not sexual. Similarly I had a best friend through elementary school who was a girl and I really liked her and got jealous when she started hanging out with this other girl, but was that a 'crush'? I don't know. Also there was a woman working at the Kindergarten who I thought was kind and pretty. If I had been a boy it would have been probably considered a crush, but maybe not?

I usually consider Minea from The Egyptian to be my first crush. I cried when she died (spoilers) and wrote fanfiction where I saved her and how we lived in a house that was shaped like a dinosaur together and there probably was some vague idea of how it would be nice if there was hugs. I was 8.

EDIT:
The version of the book had some pictures, and the picture of Minea was...

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
For me, it was in 3rd grade with a nice girl. She moved later that year. Then she came back during my middle school years and I admitted it to her. She was flattered, and even though it didn't really work out (considering the age we were), we've always considered each other more than friends, but less than partners.

And then she moved again. I decided that I'd try my luck again when she would come back, but I cracked, found her number, and kept in contact ever since. It sucks being a thousand miles away from someone who you had some sort of romantic inclination to. T.T

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Hmmm. I remember crushing on this girl in 5th grade, I think her name was Katie Mckintyre (or something). She wqs sweet pretty and nice, and I think all the boys were in love with her really. I actually worked up the nerve to tell her on the last day of school, even though I knew she was way out of my league. It gave me a huge boost of confidence just to know I had the guts to do what none of the other boys would do, even though I never stood a chance.

I guess there was one before that, but I was in like first grade. She threw a chair at me, so I kissed her. I was actually trying to annoy her, and being a grade school boy that was the most disgusting thing I could think of. I hadn't realized she'd actually had a crush on me the whole time. Good times.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
krista from kindergarden i think certainly 3rd grade when our classes were joined and we were in the same class again. she liked jocks tho, and i was never a jock sooo.

by hs i diverted my interests elsewhere, ran into her a few years after hs though and well i turned into a deer in headlights, guess i never quite got over it.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Back in Kindergarten both my friend and I had a crush on the same girl. It strange to think about crushes that had absolutely zero sexual attraction back in the day, I forgot why I liked her, I guess I found her cute, but crushes at that age are really odd.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Xena. I have no shame.

If we're talking real people then probably one of the girls at my school, I honestly don't remember my first non-Xena crush :p

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Starting around a year ago, I developed a crush for this one girl in my school, Denise.
A pretty little thing, and we got along better than I expected, but let's just say the attraction was severely one sided.
It's been... difficult getting over it, I admit.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
CriticalMiss said:
Xena. I have no shame.
Meh, Gabrielle was hotter.
She and Xena were the first couple I ever shipped, though, before I even had any idea what 'shipping' was.

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
This girl named Emily in the third grade. She was blond and had a little purple soccerball fleece sweater she'd always wear. She was pretty but down to earth looking. We never spoke face to face, but kids on the bus would make fun of me every day for close to a year because I made an offhand comment about how I liked her to another kid on the bus(before I realized he was an asshole). towards he end of the year she finally screamed "I don't care if he likes me! Just shut up!"

It was a bad time I guess. I kind of pine for it now though. It was so simplistic back then. Now it seems like actually maintaining a mutually loving relationship with someone is the hardest damn thing. So many emotional/environmental/physical factors in play. Back then you just had to sit on a bus and glance over at them every once in a while to feel total elation.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
There was this guy I knew growing up, Jacob, and he was really cool and fun to be around. He was one of the very few people I could be a massive goof ball around and not care, so naturally I had this huge crush on him. I remember in 9th grade we were both in this debate club and we just got done with a conference, so our group was having dinner at the nearest restaurant. At one point during the day he said he wanted to tell me something and he was gonna tell me at dinner.

What was that message you ask? He told me that he's going to come out to his parents when he got home.

Really ruined my dinner honestly, not that I wasn't happy for him, but it was just my luck.