Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Agema said:
Smithnikov said:
Serves me right for using another obscure character but... Elric
Obscure? I could weep. Elric of Melnibone is probably the most famous creation of one of fantasy literature's great authors.
Maybe in the 70's. Until Moorcock's work gets a streaming series adaptation [https://www.tor.com/2019/11/20/michael-moorcocks-elric-saga-optioned-for-tv/], none of the kids today are gonna know about his stuff, no matter how influential it's been to dark fantasy/sci-fi.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
Asita said:
And for our next match let's go with those mysterious men in black. Swashbucklers rejoice, because we're pitting the Dread Pirate Roberts against Zorro!
In that particular match up, I'd have to give the win To the Dread Pirate Roberts. He'd been at the game than that particular Zorro.

Scorpion from Mortal Kombat Ten (specifically) or Kratos from God of War (4 specifically).

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
twistedmic said:
Scorpion from Mortal Kombat Ten (specifically) or Kratos from God of War (4 specifically).
Kratos, without much difficulty. Scorpion can lose against an action film-star or a cop with a gun, whereas Kratos has defeated gods and titans.

All Might in his fully-powered state (My Hero Academia) vs. Aang in the Avatar State (Avatar: The Last Airbender).

Smithnikov_v1legacy

May 7, 2016
Agema said:
Smithnikov said:
Serves me right for using another obscure character but... Elric
Obscure? I could weep. Elric of Melnibone is probably the most famous creation of one of fantasy literature's great authors.

If nothing else, the Chaos faction in Warhammer is totally a rip-off of the forces of chaos from Moorcock's Elric books.
Right down to the symbol even.

But as said earlier, that's to us old farts.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Silvanus said:
twistedmic said:
Kratos, without much difficulty. Scorpion can lose against an action film-star or a cop with a gun, whereas Kratos has defeated gods and titans.

All Might in his fully-powered state (My Hero Academia) vs. Aang in the Avatar State (Avatar: The Last Airbender).
Hoo...that's a tough one. Both of them are packing some serious firepower, and they've got radically different styles. At the end of the day, however, I think I'm going to have to give it to All Might because of the feats of speed we saw on top of his raw strength. During the story proper we saw him explicitly cover a distance of about 5 km in 30 seconds, so was reaching speeds of 600 km (372 miles) per hour. Less concretely, another instance saw him scoop up multiple people and set them down a short distance away before anyone (including those being rescued) could even process what was happening. I don't know of any feat that puts Aang even remotely near that same level of speed, so I'd say the smart money would be on All Might.

Next round: They're mean, they're green, and they are the monster under the bed for their in-game enemies. In the green corner, it's Doom Slayer (DOOM)! In the other green corner, it's Master Chief (Halo)!

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Asita said:
Next round: They're mean, they're green, and they are the monster under the bed for their in-game enemies. In the green corner, it's Doom Slayer (DOOM)! In the other green corner, it's Master Chief (Halo)!
Doomslayer. They're faster, jumpier, meaner, and carries more firepower a whole squad of Spartans combined.

Tsumugi Kotobuki (K-On) vs Carole (Carole and Tuesday)

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
I'm guessing K-On is one of those Kpop bands even though the name of the dude sounds japanese. Carole and Tuesday sounds like a boring elderly lady and her small dog. My money is on Tsumugi Kotobuki, that's an asian name and he probably knows kung fu.

An angry grizzly bear vs Usain Bolt. The fight takes place in an open field, 200 meters away from them there's the BFG9000 from Doom.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Wintermute said:
An angry grizzly bear vs Usain Bolt. The fight takes place in an open field, 200 meters away from them there's the BFG9000 from Doom.
Bear wins. Bolt might get to the gun, but unless he has prior experience as a Space Marine he won't get it working before getting his face eaten off.

Donald Trump vs Bernie Sanders. Cage fight, one knife in the middle on the floor.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Gethsemani said:
Wintermute said:
Bear wins. Bolt might get to the gun, but unless he has prior experience as a Space Marine he won't get it working before getting his face eaten off.

Donald Trump vs Bernie Sanders. Cage fight, one knife in the middle on the floor.
That's not even a fight. Bernie wins. Remember Trump doesn't believe exercise is a thing, he's at least 100lbs over weight, he can barely walk, let alone breathe, has high blood pressure and mini strokes. Bernie is old and peaceful, sure, but he can walk and Donald is such a coward IRL he's start crying if Bernie just picked up the knife. He doesn't even have to hurt Trump, just have something Trump doesn't have.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Drathnoxis said:
Next: You vs. an entire class of kindergartners.
If it's keeping them from being too rowdy? Yes, I win.

Crystal Viper vs. T-800

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/v7-LrgYyNOU/maxresdefault.jpg

Sam Gideon vs. all of the Decepticons.

https://giantbomb1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_medium/8/80630/1663160-2a15ff7298ed7e35b3138c993e30906b.jpg

<spoiler=Satuski Kyurin vs Katuski Bakugo>

https://www.kill-la-kill-game.jp/img/character/02/chara.png

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/bokunoheroacademia/images/5/50/Katsuki_Bakugo_Hero_Costume_Action_Pose.png/revision/latest?cb=20190909030336

Bakugo's inevitable defeat would be a huge blow to his ego. She does not even need a kamui to beat him. Just her own fighting skills and her sword alone. She would put him in his place. I've got a big, evil, Grinch smile on my face right now!

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Samurai Jack, cuz he knows a ton of fighting styles and has survived over 50 years of death and suffering.

Donald Trump vs Joe Biden

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Wintermute said:
The T-800 survived what... 3 bad movies at this point? It can survive that thing easily.

Hand Sanitizer vs Toilet Paper
For the sake of clarity, I'm gonna just refer to either of the T-800 models from T1 & T2. Either of them could win, although, the T2!T-800 is more resourceful. The only flaw is they both lack speed compared to Crystal Viper, and would still get some serious damage when getting in a scrap with Dr. Manhattan's robotic knock off. Also, the CV can use cloaking, but you only see it when fighting a second one.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Chimpzy said:
1 horse-sized duck vs 500 duck-sized horses
500 duck-sized horses. Horses are nasty, kicking creatures and when they gang up on you, you get hurt. What's a large duck going to do, quack louder at me (and yes, I've been bitten by geese, I know how much it hurts)?

The Expendables (first movie) vs Covid-19

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Gethsemani said:
Chimpzy said:
1 horse-sized duck vs 500 duck-sized horses
500 duck-sized horses. Horses are nasty, kicking creatures and when they gang up on you, you get hurt. What's a large duck going to do, quack louder at me (and yes, I've been bitten by geese, I know how much it hurts)?

The Expendables (first movie) vs Covid-19
Covid-19. Jet Li coughs once while on a plane ride, and all the Expendables have to be quarantined in sterile white isolation booths. Then Mickey Rourke gets into a fight with a roll of toilet paper and looses, and Stallone has to have ass surgery because he strained too much thinking it was a stomach flu.

Mike vs Joel