Who would win in a fight?

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Assuming the gloves are off? I'd say the Pro Wrestling Fanatics have the edge by virtue of averaging in a higher weight class.

Jehuty (pre-Zero Shift) vs. Wing Zero.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Asita said:
Assuming the gloves are off? I'd say the Pro Wrestling Fanatics have the edge by virtue of averaging in a higher weight class.

Jehuty (pre-Zero Shift) vs. Wing Zero.
Wing Zero. Hiro should have died multiples and yet some how survived. Practically nothing can kill him at this point. If all those self destruct acts could not do it, nothing can.

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/db82e1ad-10be-4fdc-b677-6071e421b87e/d6mdkbi-c8a4d390-1d64-4f9b-ba6c-70df896bc8dd.jpg/v1/fill/w_894,h_894,q_75,strp/onechanbara_z__kagura_vs_lollipop_chainsaw_by_rog_rockbe-d6mdkbi.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwic3ViIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl0sIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiIvZi9kYjgyZTFhZC0xMGJlLTRmZGMtYjY3Ny02MDcxZTQyMWI4N2UvZDZtZGtiaS1jOGE0ZDM5MC0xZDY0LTRmOWItYmE2Yy03MGRmODk2YmM4ZGQuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTg5NCIsImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9ODk0In1dXX0.Yq0-zDiCYs7EtHoI54Bh4rqmJND5loGOWc8nQbLcNSc

Mar 30, 2010
John McClane. All he has to do is draw the fight out past the first day. After that Bauer will suffer severe exhaustion drop-off and will be a push-over. Yippee ki-yay.

The Nerevarine vs the Dragon-born.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Grouchy Imp said:
The Nerevarine vs the Dragon-born.
As much as I love the Nerevarine, they don't have the Thu'um[footnote]Seriously Google, you recognize that as a word?[/footnote] of the Dragonborn and will end up being thrown around like a lowly bandit. Or get hit with fire breath, or a time slow, or get marked for death or any of all the insane stuff the Dragonborn can do.

Solid Snake vs Sly Marbo.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Gethsemani said:
Much as I hate to say it, Sly Marbo. For all the stuff Snake's done, it doesn't compare to the nightmares of the 41st millennium.

Still, I'll shift it to Solid Snake vs. Sam Fisher, for the runner up prize.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Hawki said:
Gethsemani said:
Much as I hate to say it, Sly Marbo. For all the stuff Snake's done, it doesn't compare to the nightmares of the 41st millennium.

Still, I'll shift it to Solid Snake vs. Sam Fisher, for the runner up prize.
Tough decision, but I'm gonna give it to Snake. Both are bad ass SOBs.

Any one still wanna try

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/db82e1ad-10be-4fdc-b677-6071e421b87e/d6mdkbi-c8a4d390-1d64-4f9b-ba6c-70df896bc8dd.jpg/v1/fill/w_894,h_894,q_75,strp/onechanbara_z__kagura_vs_lollipop_chainsaw_by_rog_rockbe-d6mdkbi.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwic3ViIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl0sIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiIvZi9kYjgyZTFhZC0xMGJlLTRmZGMtYjY3Ny02MDcxZTQyMWI4N2UvZDZtZGtiaS1jOGE0ZDM5MC0xZDY0LTRmOWItYmE2Yy03MGRmODk2YmM4ZGQuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTg5NCIsImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9ODk0In1dXX0.Yq0-zDiCYs7EtHoI54Bh4rqmJND5loGOWc8nQbLcNSc

If not, here is an alternative or you can do both.

Sweet JP vs Dominic Toretto in terms of car racing.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/15/bf/92/15bf92971d0f7ae8d754f7c6b2c431d2.jpg

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/p__/images/8/8e/Dom.png/revision/latest/top-crop/width/360/height/450?cb=20160330061855&path-prefix=protagonist

<spoiler=Sweet JP's Trans Am 20000 WR>https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/c_fill,f_auto,fl_progressive,g_center,h_675,pg_1,q_80,w_1200/18vtxnm9tln9zjpg.jpg VS. <spoiler=Dominic's 1970 Dodge Charger>https://imgix.ranker.com/user_node_img/1261/25204049/original/1970-dodge-charger-photo-u5?w=650&q=50&fm=pjpg&fit=crop&crop=faces

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Dominics Dodge Charger cuz Fast and Furious has shown that he basically has super powers when driving cars.

Wuhan virus vs ebola virus

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Marik2 said:
Dominics Dodge Charger cuz Fast and Furious has shown that he basically has super powers when driving cars.

Wuhan virus vs ebola virus
Well the most recent African ebola outbreak had 4,000 confirmed cases and 2300 deaths. Wuhan's virus has over 200,000 confirmed cases and 9,000+ deaths.

So I guess it depends if we're going for most deaths or least deaths. I think they both started with bush meat, so no points there.

Lady Maria or Sister Friede?

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Chimpzy said:
Heracles vs Gilgamesh
Hard to say. Heracles has serious recognizability and PR (you know, having largely covered up his murdering innocent people and basically being God Of War levels of barbaric), but Gilgamesh is seriously old school... On feats of strength, I suppose I'd give it to Heracles, but Gilgamesh seemed so much smarter in the stories. Also, Enkidu was the really strong one, if I remember correctly.

Hmmm... Kvothe (Kingkiller Chronicles) versus Aragorn (LOTR)? I dunno.

or maybe Darrow (Red Rising) versus Peter Quill (Guardians of the Galaxy)?

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
the December King said:
Is there anything Kvothe can't do (apart from somehow make money with his diverse and perfect skill set)? Aragorn is the human king of Gondor, who has a really cool, potentially magic sword. Kvothe is the guy who has mastered everything he's ever done (including sex, which he was totes taught by a Godess of sex), is a master fighter and knows two kinds of magic. I'll stop now, because I find the Kingkiller chronicles absolutely loathsome reading with how much Rothfuss is wanking to his own protagonist. But yeah, Kvothe would win by a landslide because of his diversified, extensive and mastered skill set. Aragorn can swing a sword and sneak in the wild, Kvothe can control the wind.

The Federation from Starship Troopers vs The Rebel Alliance from Star Wars

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Gethsemani said:
Book Starship Troopers or Movie Starship Troopers? It makes a big difference.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Gethsemani said:
the December King said:
Is there anything Kvothe can't do (apart from somehow make money with his diverse and perfect skill set)? Aragorn is the human king of Gondor, who has a really cool, potentially magic sword. Kvothe is the guy who has mastered everything he's ever done (including sex, which he was totes taught by a Godess of sex), is a master fighter and knows two kinds of magic. I'll stop now, because I find the Kingkiller chronicles absolutely loathsome reading with how much Rothfuss is wanking to his own protagonist. But yeah, Kvothe would win by a landslide because of his diversified, extensive and mastered skill set. Aragorn can swing a sword and sneak in the wild, Kvothe can control the wind.

So true about Kvothe!

It's a shame really- I like Rothfuss's writing a lot. It's like the Something Red series by Douglas Nicholas- great writing, unstoppable sue-style heroine (except there is a thinly veiled, barely acceptable excuse of jacking all over the heroine because the tale is told from the point of view of a young, star struck kid, but still). She's a queen, she's an expert in all weapons, she knows magic and everyone thinks she's beautiful and amazing and underestimate her in the same breath so she can solve everyone's problems. Ugh.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
Chimpzy said:
Gethsemani said:
The outcome will depend on where the battle takes place, the way I see it.

If it is a ship to ship engagement in space I'd give the winning edge to the Rebel Alliance over both Book and Movie Federation as I don't recall either version having ship to ship weapons. The Book Federation though will be a more costly victory, possibly a stalemate, because the Book MI has their Suits (which can operate in a vacuum).

For a planetary engagement using ground troops and equipment, Book Federation will win hands down. It will be a toss up between Movie Federation and Rebel Alliance, but I would side more with the Rebels.

Endgame (after Way of the Nioh and lower levels of the Abyss) William from Nioh or pre-Shippuden Naruto.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
twistedmic said:
Chimpzy said:
Gethsemani said:
The outcome will depend on where the battle takes place, the way I see it.

If it is a ship to ship engagement in space I'd give the winning edge to the Rebel Alliance over both Book and Movie Federation as I don't recall either version having ship to ship weapons. The Book Federation though will be a more costly victory, possibly a stalemate, because the Book MI has their Suits (which can operate in a vacuum).

For a planetary engagement using ground troops and equipment, Book Federation will win hands down. It will be a toss up between Movie Federation and Rebel Alliance, but I would side more with the Rebels.

Endgame (after Way of the Nioh and lower levels of the Abyss) William from Nioh or pre-Shippuden Naruto.
Definitely William. Naruto in his early chapters and episodes was a complete dumbass that usually won by luck.

Bayonetta (post Bayo 2) vs. Hao Asakura (Shaman King, manga or anime).

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
the December King said:
So true about Kvothe!

It's a shame really- I like Rothfuss's writing a lot. It's like the Something Red series by Douglas Nicholas- great writing, unstoppable sue-style heroine (except there is a thinly veiled, barely acceptable excuse of jacking all over the heroine because the tale is told from the point of view of a young, star struck kid, but still). She's a queen, she's an expert in all weapons, she knows magic and everyone thinks she's beautiful and amazing and underestimate her in the same breath so she can solve everyone's problems. Ugh.
Head on. I forced my way through The Name of the Wind and half of The Wise Man's Fear before being so disgusted with the supposed protagonist and all the contrivances that ensures he's awesome, does everything right and somehow still can't make a penny to his name or succeed cleanly [footnote]and the constant references to prostitution in a book that by all metrics is a YA novel, it is the coming of age of a teenager story and somehow Rothfuss just has to talk about whores[/footnote]. Rothfuss has a wonderful writing style, but what he writes with it is utter garbage. Which, I guess, makes Rothfuss the Music Video of fantasy writing: lots of wonderful composition, no substance of note.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Gethsemani said:
the December King said:
So true about Kvothe!

Head on. I forced my way through The Name of the Wind and half of The Wise Man's Fear before being so disgusted with the supposed protagonist and all the contrivances that ensures he's awesome, does everything right and somehow still can't make a penny to his name or succeed cleanly. Rothfuss has a wonderful writing style, but what he writes with it is utter garbage. Which, I guess, makes Rothfuss the Music Video of fantasy writing: lots of wonderful composition, no substance of note.
I honestly wasn't too impressed with the writing style, either. It seemed overwrought and silly, but I was also listening to the audiobook and the guy reading it was kind of hamming it up so that probably didn't help my impression. Name of the Wind was completely unenjoyable and I basically listened to the whole thing with gritted teeth.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Gethsemani said:
Head on. I forced my way through The Name of the Wind and half of The Wise Man's Fear before being so disgusted with the supposed protagonist and all the contrivances that ensures he's awesome, does everything right and somehow still can't make a penny to his name or succeed cleanly [footnote]and the constant references to prostitution in a book that by all metrics is a YA novel, it is the coming of age of a teenager story and somehow Rothfuss just has to talk about whores[/footnote]. Rothfuss has a wonderful writing style, but what he writes with it is utter garbage. Which, I guess, makes Rothfuss the Music Video of fantasy writing: lots of wonderful composition, no substance of note.
It's not YA. I've had the misfortune to read some YA hiding in the SF&F section, and it sticks out when you read it.

Kvothe is, however, an incredibly annoying protagonist. Even when he turns out not to be totally ace at something (yet?) it's more like a token something he's not good at.

Don't read Christopher Ruocchio's Empire of Silence if Kvothe annoyed you, either.