Who's your country's greatest ally?

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
Australia. Hell, Australia helps us out if some Kiwis are caught in a hole, we help out when Queensland floods and Victoria catches fire. Then we take turns to thump each other on a rugby field. It's a good alliance.

Throwitawaynow

Aug 29, 2010
China is America's only real ally, atleast they're passive in their dislike and give us all the cheap crap we dont need, but really want.

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
Hmm, being British (actually British - 1/4 of each) I would say...

Wales - Scotland and Ireland.
Scotland - Wales and Ireland.
Ireland - Scotland and Wales.
English government - France
(Why were/are we gonna share militaries? Thats like a hardliner communist forming an alliance with an extreme hardline-ultranationalist racist person. Oh, sorry Stalin. Didn't see you there. But seriously, we are supposed to be like the worst enemies with even more hatred than we're supposed to have with the Scots.)

The United States of America, The USA, The good old US of A. Etc etc.

My personal view (as an Englishman)- Probably Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Scotland, N. Ireland and Wales.

Well, they have fought in the British army for quite some time, and are certianly our most reliable allies. Seen as they do fight for/with us pretty much every time we go to war. This is ignoring the fact that they are techincally part of 'Britain' and so have to.

Yeah, I would put America down there, but for the fact that we were dragged into Iraq. And if we did the same thing in France as they did, they wouldn't help.

hem dazon 90

Aug 12, 2008
RhombusHatesYou said:
Most powerful or most reliable and consistent?

Australia's most powerful ally is the US. (We're their most consistent ally. We've gone to nearly every one of their wars/police actions/invasions/liberations.)

However, our most reliable and consistent ally is New Zealand.
Seriously? Shit who knew?

OT I'd say in the event of an invasion either Canada or Mexico.

BringBackBuck

Apr 1, 2009
As a New Zealander I'd have to say it would be Australia. As much as we take the piss out of each other, if the Aussies were ever really in the shit we'd be in there pretty quick, and I imagine they'd do the same for us. Hell if we ever got invaded and Australia mobilized the troops in our defence that would almost make up for the underarm incident. Almost.

SwagLordYoloson

Jul 21, 2010
0mn1p0t3ntg6y said:
America is only interested in it's own gain and it's obvious. So it's safe to say no one likes us.
haha, down under... (lol had to say that) In Australia we usually make jokes about americans, but we see them as our greatest ally, hence why we decided to let you stick some of your military bases up our asses... :D and test some weapons here.... and steal our women.... :D

Lord Penney

Dec 26, 2010
For Britain it USED TO BE the US. However, in an ironic twist of fate involving a new military defence agreement, that award goes to former sworn enemies - The French.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
New Zealand easy.

England and America screw us over in war time. Worring about your selves. It only because of our resources are we allies.

Lord Penney

Dec 26, 2010
soren7550 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
soren7550 said:
Ok, I'm the US. Everyone hates me but wants me to fix everything because I'm big and powerful, but everyone hates me for the very same reason.

Sooooooo... myself?
Correction, you think everyone wants you to fix everything.
People piss and moan if we do nothing though.
You sir, are quite incorrect. America (like all countries) only "fixes" problems that benefit itself (see Vietnam, Afghanistan) and either does not get involved at all/ directly in conflicts that don't involve it (See Falklands, IRA and the millions of wars in Africa)

hem dazon 90

Aug 12, 2008
PenneyBack said:
soren7550 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
soren7550 said:
Ok, I'm the US. Everyone hates me but wants me to fix everything because I'm big and powerful, but everyone hates me for the very same reason.

Sooooooo... myself?
Correction, you think everyone wants you to fix everything.
People piss and moan if we do nothing though.
You sir, are quite incorrect. America (like all countries) only "fixes" problems that benefit itself (see Vietnam, Afghanistan) and either does not get involved at all/ directly in conflicts that don't involve it (See Falklands, IRA and the millions of wars in Africa)
One of the first on the scene to give Haiti earthquake relief was the US

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
It has to be New Zealand, we're like brothers. We even have that brotherly rivalry going on.

God's Clown

Aug 8, 2008
Well, as an American the way I see it is we are like the really tall muscular kid that is a jackass in Gym Class. Everyone wants you on their team, but nobody is going to invite you to their house.

TheRobotandtheBeast

Aug 9, 2010
being from New Zealand our closest ally is the thousands of kilometers of water between us and anyone else, failing that australia.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
RhombusHatesYou said:
SL33TBL1ND said:
I'm Australian and I can't see any allies helping us if we asked.
The kiwis would, they've always been good like that. The last thing they want is for Australia to go tits up and find several million Aussies on their doorstep.
But what are they going to do? If push came to shove, such a small nation would not do much.

Spade Lead said:
SL33TBL1ND said:
I'm Australian and I can't see any allies helping us if we asked.
We would. Americans would have no one to obsess over (Some women still swoon for an Australian accent, despite the end of the Paul Hogan era) or places to SCUBA dive in December. Well, except South America...
But I think I'd be right in saying that would be the only reason.

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
Britain here.
It would probably be the EU and the USA. In the future I reckon it will become more of the EU and less of the USA.

Apparently we are really tight with Japan too.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
Canada and England are like America's two sisters. We get annoyed at them for their different life-style, while they dislike us for our teenager antics and playing rough mentality, but in the end we're all part of some sort of messed up family that always comes together in time of need, only to still hard-looking each other behind one another's back.

But it's all good! We love you guys! Especially the Canadian military up here in the North, with your teams aiding our bases in personal and supplies. Highly appreciated, and same for the British and their aid in overseas operations!

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
standokan said:
Holland, we're everybodies ally, we're like that tiny kid who everybody thinks is cute because it can curse.
Perfect explanation with a perfect avatar :D

Spygon

May 16, 2009
Being from the united kingdom our closests allies are the USA,Australia,Canada,Japan,South korea.We also have good ties with alot of the scandinavian countries aswell.

We should write a book on how to make yourself a questionably moral superpower and then not alienate half of the planet

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
Spygon said:
Being from the united kingdom our closests allies are the USA,Australia,Canada,Japan,South korea.We also have good ties with alot of the scandinavian countries aswell.

We should write a book on how to make yourself a questionably moral superpower and then not alienate half of the planet
South Korea? I never knew :S
But what about France and Germany? The EU is our biggest trading partner after all.