Why All the Hate on Naruto?

Goldhawk777

Jun 3, 2010
Uggg. Because it had the same premise as Dragon Ball Z. The episode begins with a long recap of the last episode, then there's 5 minutes of heavy breathing by the combatants. During that fun time of watching someone's chest heave up and down, you pan over the other characters who add basically, oh my gosh! He's really pushing himself! Then you throw out another attack, the other person dodges it or gets nicked by it. Oh no!! What was that strange new attack? FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z. The Freeza saga was too long for a planet that was about to explode.

But sorry, Naruto generally does the same basic equation. Hopefully it's not going to continue as long as One Piece with its 400+ episodes. Hell, I liked Bleach until they got bogged down with filler, overdrawn explanations and heavy breathing. Geeze! Cut the run time in half and you have a decent Anime. Lastly, how many times are we going to flashback into the past where Naruto was all alone and sad. GET OVER IT!

Now the funny thing is that nobody will read this because it's long and doesn't have 5,000 spaces.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
tzimize said:
PureChaos said:
firstly, FRIENDLY MUSHROOM

and i love Naruto, it's may favourite anime. sure there are a lot of filler episodes but the rest of it is pure awesomeness
Agreed.

Its a great series, with great characters. Especially naruto. It has imo a fantastic emotional depth and is a show that is relatively available to kids and at the same time tackles a lot of stuff thats relevant for both grown ups and kids. Plus its about fucking awesome ninjas.

The animation is mostly very good, the music is GREAT, the character diversity great, the story is quite good...I love it. I just wish sasuke would FUCKING DIE. I'm so tired of that emo idiot words cannot express it. I wish they would finally give up on him and just kill him. But if they did it wouldnt be naruto I guess.
if they killed off Sasuke and just did the whole Akatsuke/tailed beast thing it could be a plus

Snoozer

Jun 8, 2011
I don't really hate it. I really like naruto up to the time skip. From there on the stroy becomes way weaker, it should have ended after the pain arc, but Shounen Jump wont let Kishimoto end it. I'm of course speaking about the manga here.
The anime is synched (horribly in germany) so you don't get the very good original synch, and there are a horrible lot of fillers in the anime. It just doesn't hold up to comparable titles.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
Shark Wrangler said:
Well to me Naruto is not a real ninja and hes annoying to no end. Hate the plot of the story, the characters, his dumb antics. Everytime I see Naruto I want Ryu from Ninja Gaiden to cut his head off.

Not a real ninja

Real ninja
Actually, in my opinion at least, Ryu isn't all that much more stealthy than Naruto. Sure, he's a great deal quieter and dresses in black, but his fights are just as flashy and he uses Ninja Magic (I can't remember the technical name for it right now) which is very similar to the chakra attacks used in Naruto.
The main difference, aside from the yelling and wardrobe, is that Ryu slaughters everything that so much as glances, or even thinks, in his direction.

allways2edlast

Jul 29, 2010
Im thought is it's like more or less, the new DBZ. from wait i can tell its starting to get some people int anime just like DBZ was for me and others.

Because of that it gets overrated people saying its the "shit." (A bit like I was when I was younger with DBZ, But in my defence i tryed to respect other opinion)

I'll be lieing if that the only problem the show has. I havent watched it in a long time because ever time the plot was moving forward a little, it went into filler. That was rough some point in shippuden. That and even when its not filler they try to drag ever scene out a much as possable with: long posys; drawn out flashbacks. the way Naruto constantly goes on about Sasuke you think he real loves him and sometime its just so damn cheese.

Uh, it real is the new dragonball Z. yet again yu can say the same about bleach. All the above shows also have a simaler problem they so damn long! I can't say anything about one piece because I havent see it. i only so it on tv when 4kids had it. so i didn't watch it. Know its 5 to 600 episode long. To fuck if im going into a show that long.

Simeon Ivanov

Jun 2, 2011
Because we wanna see ninjas do awesome ninja things! Not some emo punk whining about his brother (who's actually cooler)

w1ndscar

Jul 22, 2009
I read the manga, saves me alot of trouble, and I get to see everything before those who only watch the anime.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
kouriichi said:
Bad Series: Full Metal Alchemist. 111 Episodes. Again, at first, it was a great anime. I liked it for about the first 30 or so episodes. But then they decide, lets tank the series with another 21 episodes, full of massive plot holes you can fly a Gundam through. But that wasnt enough. Then, they wonder how they can milk its fame more. OH! I know! Lets redo the entire series a little more true to the story this time, but make it drag on for an additional 13 episodes, bringing its total to 64. A combined 111 episodes, half of which you already watched, because you saw the first series.
the reason for the first anime suddenly drastically changing was b/c it accidently caught up with the manga so it needed to all a whole filler endinging.

Alos Brotherhood, is only the same for a short bit. Like, maybe, 10 or so episodes then it changes COMPLETELY. As Brotherhood stays completely true to the story.

:p

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Because it's basically to Ninja's what Twilight was to Vampires. I'm sorry, but Ninja's are supposed to be about stealth...and i think the cast of the Naruto series are about as stealthy as a bulldozer demolishing a forest.

There's also the filler issue and all that, but everyones already commented on that so i'll leave it be.

Ironsouled

Nov 5, 2009
When the most interesting thing to happen in 6 episodes is one guy botching a technique? Yeah, thats what I call terrible. The plot (what there is of it) is predictable to the point of being able to be slept through, each and every one of the so called 'well made and relatable characters' are either: The obnoxious Braggart, the One Winged Angel, or the Sarcastic Mentor. Why the hell would I care about any of them? I managed to watch to the end of the Zabuza and Haku arc, and I have to say that Haku (Even if he is just the Reluctant One with a dash of Devoted Servant) is the only character I liked.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
REPTILE 0009 said:
The same reason why people hate on COD.
That makes so little sense it makes my brain hurt.

So, OP, I can't give you the usual reason, but mine is pretty simple- they take the concept of "the ninja" and shove it so far up it's own ass that it enters some weird alternate dimension where ninjas are no longer sneaky and scream out every move before they make it.

It just doesn't make any sense to me. And I despise the characters.

But for the record, I very much DO NOT enjoy the majority of animes. So my source is a biased one.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
NARUTARDS AND WEEABO,S
it birthed the world of people who run around with those stupid head bands and convinced themselves that yelling [enter something here] no jutsu makes them Japanese.
I,m not saying all of the fans are like this but it did start it.

dark-mortality

Apr 7, 2011
When about 60% of the anime is filler episodes, AND the fact that the fillers are made to rescue cute little animals, solve the mystery of the dissappeared ramen, and to make Naruto WAAAAAAAAAAAY more perverted and stupid than he actually is, it tends to grate on the nerves for many. Add with the fact thay you stare at the background for 5 minutes in utter silence, listen to them talk about things for 15 minutes, and, if you're lucky, you'll see an attack, you get the formula of a anime that is pretty boring.

I will NOT detract points because of the Dub. It is shallow, and yes, it IS terrible, but it's better than Norwegian -_-

Even when it's not filler, they add to much talking and background gazing. It may have been better for them to make episodes with a larger time-gap between them, giving them more chance to make it more exciting.

Simply put, it works as a manga, not an anime... But then again, Kishimoto made FAAAAAAR bigger chapters before, giving the anime more room to do it's magic. Giving the anime back some points, we get: Still better as a manga, anime is still to slow, but have to give Kishimoto some blame for making his chapters simply too short after the... second volume...

Okey, more blame towards Kishimoto.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Okay, lots of replies here, some well thought-out and some pretty stupid, honestly, but again, everyone's entitled to their taste in anime. But one thing is bugging me.

I know Naruto's ninjas aren't traditional ninjas. But that has absolutely nothing to do with whether the show is any good or not. I understand getting annoyed at it, but that simply doesn't hold up as an argument for why the show sucks. I'm a zombie purist; zombies are entirely unintelligent and incapable of basic movement past shuffling slowly; that's how it is, and that's how it should always be. But Zombieland was a good movie. Left 4 Dead is a fun game. Heck, even Twilight I hate for what it's done to vampires, but I can't judge its quality because I haven't read/seen it. I'm sorry, but "Ninjas don't wear orange!" has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Naruto is a good show. It simply doesn't.

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
jesus christ, want some flame war with that match?

also, back when I was a weeaboo, i loved it, and it was one of the series that got me into manga (i don't really watch anime). ironically, it kicked me out of it. while i do think that is massively overrated, it used to not be. most of your good points of the series i think only apply to the first few seasons, chunin exams in particular. the characterization was strong, the action greatly drew you in, and the writing was pretty damn good. after that, i feel that it lost focus on what made it great, and that it milked boring (but profitable) characters. everything i liked was gone, but it was even more hyped than before. around then i just lost most of my love for anime, and then i practically stopped reading it when onemanga went down.
overall, i feel that while it's not that bad, it just started changing what made me love it, and trying to make me care about characters that had no solid foundation for me. now there are others (claymore, one piece, ares, bitter virgin) that i can compare bits of naruto to, and show how kishimoto went wrong in those bits.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Because it's annoying, dull, has a ridiculous take on ninjitsu and martial arts in general, generally uninteresting characters and an ugly visual style.

mjp1701

Aug 17, 2010
i really enjoy naruto allthou its not the best anime ive seen and the filler episodes go on to long i think its a really well thought out and written anime which can still suprise me even after watching it from the very start . a really good anime but u have to watch it in the originall language iwth subs deff not dubbed lol

Okysho

Sep 12, 2010
Tay051173096 said:
It the amount of filler thats seen as the problem same as bleach, from ep 1 to 200 ish is 27 books, that alot of stuff extra to get to the cool bits in the book

Me? I love the concept dislike the actual product. The guy uses the same moves all the time, hell his teacher knows more than 1000 and he can't teach him one oh dear...

Shrugs if you like it look into the fan fiction side lots of different views there.
This and also: it's got the worst fucking fans in the world!!

dunno where you're from, but around here, Naruto fans (Narutards) are largely around the same level as twihards...

screaming 12 year old girls who want naruto and sasuke to make out or something stupid like that.

also, IT'S STILL GOING ON!!

this is how I stopped following Bleach... It just took too long to do ANYTHING

Matrixbeast

Sep 18, 2010
I dislike Naruto, but I read the manga each week.
I guess one could call it a guilty pleasure, I'm just too bullheaded to drop it. One of those "I've invested X amount of time watching this. I'm for damn sure gonna see it end" things (I did the same with DBZ, despite not giving a shit about it halfway through that whole Cell affair).

There are loads of better anime out there, like a crazy amount better than Naruto. But I don't think it's a 'Bad Anime'. It just desperately needs to find an ending point (Which doesn't look to be soon, what with the 3, possibly 5 major antagonists still running around).