Why All the Hate on Naruto?

Flare Phoenix

Dec 18, 2009
coldfrog said:
I've watched a very small list of animes, none of them the long-running type like this, so I have to ask: Why don't they just stop making shows until the manga is created? Are manga releases that unpredictable? Even then, and to be fair this is just me personally, but I'd rather see a tightly-wrapped story than a bunch of people standing around talking for multiple episodes. Unless their discussions are particularly endearing or interesting. In which case, talk away!

But yes, my question stands.
If you're curious about the shows I've watched: Cowboy Bebop, Lupin the 3rd, Evangelion, FLCL, Lain, Desert Punk, Trigun, Hellsing and Excel Saga. Maybe a couple others, but clearly not ones memorable enough to recount.
I don't know for sure, but I think it has to do with the fact a manga can take a hell of a long time to complete. Anime studios would probably go broke waiting that long between production (I'm only speculating here).

Sperium 3000

Mar 16, 2009
I actually liked Naruto for the most part, but as I went on, more and more things started to bug me about it.

1- Homerotic subtext, because apparently there's not enough NarutoxSasuke Yaoi out there so the author makes sure to put some hints at them being much, much more than friends.

2- Sasuke. For a good chunk of time you would think the protagonist was him and not Naruto, and since we learn later that his entire quest for revenge was hollow, we are left asking ourselves what was the point.

2- The Pain fight. With two major points:

3.1- Hinata declares her love, is almost killed, but afterwards she doesn't show up again. Naruto apparently didn't even bother to go talk to her. If he did some time later I don't know, but that wasn't the point.

3.2- The blatant Deus Ex Machina at the end. After all that crap, you don't just push the reset button. It was at that point I decided to stop reading it.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Fillers. Fillers. More fillers.

Not a great anime already ruined with fillers... Read manga imo.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Korten12 said:
MB202 said:
I don't like Naruto mostly because it's story and characters are either cliche or badly flawed.

I HATE Naruto in the abstract because of how much popular it is in America compared to the far superior One Piece. But then again, Bleach is also more popular than One Piece, too, and it's also been going downhill too, so whatever.
Bleach maybe in the US, but One Piece is more popular then the both worldwide.
I KNOW, EXACTLY! THAT'S why I'm pissed off! It's One Piece is HUGE everyone EXCEPT where I live! And it's all 4Kids's fault IMO. They ruined it buy giving One Piece a bad first impression, and you can't take back a bad first impression.

There are so many neat One Piece things in Japan that are likely never going to see the light of day outside of Japan (or anywhere except the US).

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
The fucking fillers really ruin it. It's just that there's way too many of them. Also a lot of the relationships and plots are forestalled just to squeeze a few more "heartstrings" out of the audience.

Patrick_FOAD

Aug 5, 2009
I'm not gonna lie I read Naruto every week and I do enjoy it... but i can also see it as incredibly flawed... Every chapter ends in the exact same way with no difference and characters are introduced and just not fleshed out in any way...

Now compare this to (in my eyes at least) a good shonen series like One Piece where every week something absurd happens that while completely relevant does not fit expectations and keeps you excited for the next week. So many easter eggs and so forth to look for in the corners of panels too.

The other thing I'm none too fond of with Naruto is all this crap about love... love and hate... thats all anything boils down too

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
this thread is about 9 pages now and no one will see or quote this comment but here it goes...
I don't like naruto the character because of the stereotype naruto isThe character i mean. On the other hand the series is not that bad. I does a decent job of circling around the story and plot of all the characters and their history and beliefs and why they live their life the way they do. I like that. And as it turns out most of the main villans aren't jackasses for jackasses sake. Someone really pissed them off to be that way. What i don't like about naruto is of course the filler. Then again it's better than bleach's character development. there is none except people get slightly stronger. How come only ichigo can save the day even though they have people who have been training for hundreds of years. And the logic in naruto makes more sense than bleach.... and don't even get me started about....

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
I've got to admit. It started out pretty good. My cousin introduced me to it years and years ago and I did have fun. Rather it's just gone downhill much like Bleach and other shounen.

You've got to admit, at least it's not a harem anime.

Brotha Desmond

Jan 3, 2011
chaosyoshimage said:
Saltyk said:
chaosyoshimage said:
Saltyk said:
chaosyoshimage said:
Saltyk said:
chaosyoshimage said:
That's David Bowie-sama-sempai-sensei-kun to you. Anyway, so you did beat it and did all the side missions, I kinda stopped doing those after awhile near the end. Angeal, Cloud, and Zack, that's only three, so it's not really a slut.
And to you it's David Bowie sama sensei sempai san sama... kun.

Drave

Dec 17, 2011
it's simple really, naruto's an anime, that means it has some really cool concepts (bad-ass no jutsu) with bad characters, bad plot, and extremely drawn out everything. that said I still like the yugioh series cause it's so fucking bad it's comedic. Naruto though is just bad.