Why all the love for zombies?

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Mozared said:
I'll say what has been said before in the form of a quote from the movie Sin City;

"I love hitmen. No matter what you do to them, you don't feel bad."
Damn Mozared, you just summed up how I feel about zombies too, outstanding!

Laura.

May 30, 2009
I don't really know... but it's not just the creatures. It's the ambience: desolation, not a soul around, civilization just stopped, crows, weary survivors, limited resources... and so on.
It's an entertaining "what if", maybe easier to imagine than a far-fetched alien attack and more intriguing and conflictive than a nuclear apocalypse.

The zombies themselves are interesting because they are a relentless enemy than can't really be stopped (endles numbers), they used to be like the survivors and they are driven by hunger (there's no negotiating with them). And there's also a criticism of society somewhere in there, people eating people...

Also: headshots.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Zombies are what we all aspire to be: Content and unrelenting.
Or maybe it was something about consumerism.
I dunno.

dukethepcdr

May 9, 2008
I don't know either. I don't like zombies very much myself. I've borrowed and rented some zombie games but have never spent money on them. I don't like zombies, especially the way they are portayed today because they gross me out.

Shepard's Shadow

Don't be afraid of the dark.
Mar 27, 2009
I never really thought about it. It could be its just temporary. I mean there are a few good zombie games out now. Like, Left 4 Dead and Dead Rising. Also, Left 4 Dead 2 is coming out later this year; so maybe that's why. Or maybe there are just weird people out there who are obsessed w/ zombies.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
It's psychology. There's a reason that Night of The Living Dead is considered one of the greatest zombie flicks of all time; because it captures this psychological thrill perfectly.

Watching death incarnate shamble towards you, knowing for certain that no matter what you did, you will become him one day. To know that you will be forced to lie there in agony as the creatures devour your entrails before your very eyes. To know that death is imminent.

Or maybe that's my inner masochist.

mad benji89

May 4, 2009
the main reason why i love zombies is that how comical they are there like lemmings they will just walk through fire not even relizing that they are dieing the ending of shaune of the dead is what i pritty much would do with them just put them on game shows and work in shopping malls zombies are kickass in not like OMG there awsome and strong kinda way but just out of the pure fun you have killing them and sometimes watching unknowingly killing themselves

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
Because the fall of society and civil strife is appealing to people. Especially more so in those who are considered outcasts or people that are not in the "cool" crowd.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I dunno, I mean I love the idea of a post apoctalyptic wasteland and desperate attempts of survival and while I like the infected from 28 Days later and the monsters from Dead Space I think I'm kinda over zombies.
But monsters like the Xenomorphs in Alien, you know with a massive hive, infesting an area like New York City would be amazing. ONLY in New York though, they seem to own the monopoly on 'shit things going wrong' over there.

Sir_Puffybottom

Jun 3, 2009
It would not be worth it to kill any zombie, they are dead already so it would not be worth the time to kill him/her/it? anyway.

walkingdead127

Jun 24, 2009
Because it is a convenient way for artist to kill people with having any emotional interference what so ever.

stompythebeast

Orbital Drop Shock Trooper
May 6, 2008
its not the zombies themselves for me, its the bigger picture, the cause and effect of the zombie apocalypse. In the zombie apocalypse, only the fit and the ones with the will power to live, survive. It brings the destruction of human civilization, human technology, and the whole world as we know it. Thats what makes me wet myself...in excitement. For example, the movies 28 Days and Weeks Later do a great job depicting the eerie loneliness of London after the outbreak, using a very believable and very possible (rabies does make you psychopathic) reason for the disease.

GDW

Feb 25, 2009
Zombies are... cool?

Rotting undead legions determined to do nothing more than devour human-flesh? What's not to like?

They don't have enough personality to be ruined as monsters (unlike vampires, werwolves, etc. which all have a human side to them... WHY CAN'T VAMPIRES JUST BE EVIL LIKE DRACULA!? WHY MUST THEY BE TORTURED SOULS OF THE NIGHT!?!? RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEGG!!) and are pretty much the final solution to the perfect race of beings. Unthinking, unfeeling and undying. Creatures driven on impulse alone... You can vary them as much as you'd like as long as they're undead (or inhumanly impulse driven)killers. Far as I'm concerned the "infected" and necromorphs are all zombies by a different name. A zombie is suc a blanket term these days and that's fuckin' awesome.

I find people who dislike zombies generally just try to box the term in with Romero-esque flesh-eaters slow, stupid and dead. I find a zombie is just anything driven by a single impulse that, at once, had a rational thought process. Be the impulse "kill", "eat", "infect" or "dance", if that's all it can think about, all it can do, then it's a zombie.

Zombies are the perfect monsters.

titanium turtle

Jul 1, 2009
TaborMallory said:
They're fun to kill. Need any other reason?
MINUS 100 POINTS TO YOU
(you should have said stopped, destroyed, removed, eliminated, re-killed, etc.)
but that is a good reason
(sorry for being pedantic)

titanium turtle

Jul 1, 2009
if zombies attacked now they would be stopped, find me one person that would not go and stop them if they had the chance, it will start with one but if I found a zombie ill get the evidence and re-kill it asap