Why Are You Buying a Console?

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Adam Jensen said:
Because Sony touched me in all the right places. Great system, great policy, great exclusives and a very good price. Can't say no to that deal.
Show me on the doll where...

OT: Well pretty much because Namco Bandai said that they would focus on Sony's platforms with future Tales games. Which means I might have to buy a PS4 somewhere down the line, though it's not something I am desperate to do at this point.

CannibalCorpses

Aug 21, 2011
What is the alternative? Mobile phone games are completely shit and PC gamers cheat first and test themselves later. For me to find the challenge i require, i have no choice but to move back towards the console market. But sadly the quality of challenge in modern games has dropped to such a low that i barely even try to finish games anymore...it just happens sometime between 6-14 hours after starting. I'm giving deep consideration to leaving the games industry behind and finding something with a higher lowest common denominator

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I already have a Wii U ready, I got a 3DS,(I consider Wii U a next gen console) and after last nights developments PS4 will definitely be on my TV stand in a year or so. I've been happy to have consoles from all three console makers and outside of maybe skipping Xbox One this generation, I love consoles.

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a a veiled question asking why there are still console gamers out there, but I've been playing on consoles all my life, and the PC still seems unnecessary to me when I have three consoles and handhelds that offer similar if not the same games all in a neat package.

KOMega

Aug 30, 2010
KH3
MGV
FF15

Probably won't buy the console right away since I don't forsee myself with a lot of money for a while, but damn it I'll get one.

Bluezhu

Jun 9, 2013
I'm going to give it some time. There are still so many games I have not played on my PS3.
But when I do decide to upgrade, gonna go for the PS4. The exclusives are great and it's support of used games means I can game on a budget. Also, Mirror's Edge 2? Yes please!

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Forza 5, Project Spark, Killer Instinct are exclusive to XBone, so I'll pick that up eventually. I'm told there's a bunch of good stuff coming out exclusive to PS4 as well, so I'll probably get that eventually too.

Why? I don't like playing games on PC all that much. Why invest a lot of money in something I enjoy less?

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
generals3 said:
Metal Gear Solid V. And there are certain games i prefer to play on a console anyway (like GTA or fighting games à la DBZ)
MGS V will be on 7th gen consoles as well. I'm interested to see how different they'll be, though.

SumRandomGeezer

Jul 9, 2012
Mostly due to price. As much as i want a good gaming rig, i cannot justify the price, for the price of one GTX680 i can get a PS4 and a bit of change, and that's just one graphics card. Sure i can get pre-built PCs for the same price, but they don't have the same specs as the PS4, which arguably has the specs of a pretty high end PC for the most part.
It's a shame because i love gaming on a PC as well as consoles, it'll just have to be something i get way down the road.

Aug 19, 2010
wintercoat said:
The only reason I buy consoles is because there are games on said consoles that aren't released for the PC. Coming off of the E3 announcements, those would be Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV, Watch Dogs, and a few others. It's also one of the reasons I have no interest in the XB1, it has literally zero games that are exclusives that interest me, whereas the PS4 will.
Not to be that guy, but Watch_Dogs will be out on PC also...

OT: I'm not, because bankruptcy.
But if I would, it would be for the exclusives.

hooblabla6262

Aug 8, 2008
I'm thinking of focusing more on PC. Just got a new power supply/graphics card/ram, so I can start buying more demanding games.
I used to be an avid console gamer, only using my PC for low-power Steam indie releases.

This console generation has done nothing to entice me.
And the only game I might regret not playing would be Dead Rising 3.
But as it is a Xbone exclusive, it will not grace my shelves.

Maybe I'll get a PS4 in a year or two.
And a WiiU will be tempting once Pikmin3 comes out.

TheLastTatlFan

May 12, 2011
Because it will have a version of Smash Bros. on it with connectivity with the 3DS version in addition to Mega Man.

dreadedcandiru99

Apr 13, 2009
Until yesterday afternoon, I thought I wasn't buying a console aside from the Ouya. I was almost positive that Sony would be pulling the same draconian anti-consumer bullshit as Microsoft, and I'd resigned myself to the idea of saving up a thousand bucks for a PC that could play games. And then Sony came out and went "no always-on DRM, no screwing with used games, no mandatory corporate webcam in your living room--oh, and it's only $400!", and they won me over. Also, Watch Dogs.

generals3

Mar 25, 2009
JEBWrench said:
generals3 said:
Metal Gear Solid V. And there are certain games i prefer to play on a console anyway (like GTA or fighting games à la DBZ)
MGS V will be on 7th gen consoles as well. I'm interested to see how different they'll be, though.
Yeah but i gave my PS3 away as a B-day gift (i finished MGS4 3 times anyway :p). And 400? for a new console isn't too bad.

Valkrex

Elder Dragon
Jan 6, 2013
Because there are a good amount of games that don't appear on PC, which is my primary gaming platform. So I will be grabbing a PS4 this fall. KINGDOM HEARTS 3! HELL YEA!

Also because some of my friends are console gamers, and it would be nice to game with them again.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Mostly to really annoy people who feel the need to ask asinine questions

Honestly I already own one of them for it's exclusivesw, I'll be buying the PS4 for exclusives and choice multiplayer titles, and balancing this with a bit of PC gaming and handhelds (rather tempted to compliment my 3DS with a Vita once I see a price drop, better memory card prices and Killzone: mercenary).

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Absolutely. I have guests over regularly and consoles fill a niche in party games that pcs haven't even tried to fill. I enjoy playing online or coop games next to my wife which my pc doesn't do. I enjoy the comfort of my living room and couch and do not want my pc in the living room.

The consoles (ps4 in particular) have some excellent exclusives that also make them well worth it.

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
Friends, exclusives, and the fact that I haven't the money or know-how to buy/build a gaming pc. (I only own a laptop, hooray for being in college)

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Kind of an obligation really, I seem to have a lot of these self imposed obligations haha

This one is, I have always had the latest PS console within 1 month of release ... I've usually had a slim version of it as well. PSX, PS1, PS2, PS2 Slim, PS3, PS3 slim ... so I kind of have to get a PS4.

If it did come out xbone style, I would have had to soul search on that one.

Luckily, I am squeeing my nuts off at the moment, just 4/5 months and I'll have it in my grubby little mitts! I have £200 already, so £150 in 4/5 months should be a cake walk!