Why couldn't Lara get a jacket or coat from her fallen enemies?

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Richfeet said:
Then why not wash it in the river? That will clean the blood off.
Not an option. Wearing a drenched jacked in freezing temperatures is a very bad idea. And unless you have a heat source nearby to keep you warm en help dry the jacket, waiting around for it to dry by itself is an equally dumb idea. Better to just wear the jacket as is if it means survival, blood-stained or not.

Kendale Anderson said:
When you are out doing everything Laura is doing, the adrenaline pumps, your heart races and with every movement you feel warmer. She pretty much didn't need one because she kept herself warm.
That's not really how that works. Adrenaline and movement alone will only get you so far. It'll help, but only temporarily. Both are only really effective with proper protection to help retain that warmth, otherwise you'll probably end up needlessly hemorrhaging body heat.

Plus she never really wore a jacket in her previous incarnations so why start now?
Except she did, in no less than five games.

Still rocking the shorts though and leaving the jacket half open for more cleavage also kinda defeats the purpose.

Once again with the plunging neckline, but at least she now wears actual pants.

Full winter fatigues, proper gloves and even a beanie. The most sensible winter outfit yet.

So the proper gloves and beanie are gone. Jacket seems kinda short and again the cleavage, but at least its fur-lined.

Proper gloves again. Fully closed, fur-lined jacket.

Ok, so apart from maybe the Chronicles outfit, none look really suitable for extreme cold, but at least its better than nothing at all. Maybe she learned her lesson?

Username Redacted

Dec 29, 2010
Richfeet said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Because there will most likely be blood on it.

I mean, would you wear something that has blood on it that isn't yours?

Kinda weird really.
Then why not wash it in the river? That will clean the blood off.
Because, then depending on what material the coat's made of, you've defeated the purpose of scavenging your fallen foes for warm clothing as a wet jacket is going to exacerbate the freezing to the bone problem.

SadisticFire

Oct 1, 2012
Well I can't help but see all the "programming" issues. It would take hardly any time to program, just switch this model, to a different model. The real work is on the animators. Just sayin'.
That said, it's cause it would probably ruin the flow of the game, and then the modelers and animators have to animate it.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Because she has to look all vulnerable and exposed, not warm and comfy. Logic be damned.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Because there were two teams doing the game, one team had a Hollywood tragedy lined up, while the other was just doing Tomb Raider with immortality, super human strength, endless slaughter, looting, puzzles, magics, ...

Sadly those two teams never came together to talk about what should be the end result.

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
chimpzy said:
And unless you have a heat source nearby to keep you warm en help dry the jacket, waiting around for it to dry by itself is an equally dumb idea.
You mean something like a fire?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I was talking about this last night actually. With all the sliding around on stone/dirt/wood you do in this game I imagine Lara's arms would be nothing but bone by the end of the game >.>

tlgAlaska

Dec 6, 2010
*puts Occam's Razor on the table* Creating a 3D model takes a lot more resources nowadays then in the older games, so they probably just don't bother with it, if it isn't really necessary (i.e. part of a paid DLC outfit pack)

WickedFire

Apr 25, 2011
A jacket could potentially be impractical, given all the climbing, ziplining and diving around she has to do. Without a tight fitting, relatively slim jacket she would be risking catching it on something and plunging to her death.

Richfeet

Jul 28, 2011
Oh, so we buy a jacket from Amazon and put the poor UPS men in danger of being stranded on Yamatai. Darn you Crystal Dynamics!!!

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
Jacket/Coat dlc coming soon!

Now you can make your very own Lara all warm and snuggly.

Collector's edition member's will also receive the free hot-cocoa and marshmallows expansion pack!

[small]Just log in to your myspace account to obtain your free product key.[/small]

[small]Available for a limited time only[/small]

EDIT: Ninja'd so badly above. My honour...it is yours.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
And why doesn't Mario do more actual plumbing, am I right?

And I can't be the only one a little disappointed that Minecraft features little to no committee meetings for long-term planning, in regard to the community's reckless consumption of fossil fuels.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Probably because they'd be soaking wet from all the rain.
WickedFire said:
A jacket could potentially be impractical, given all the climbing, ziplining and diving around she has to do. Without a tight fitting, relatively slim jacket she would be risking catching it on something and plunging to her death.
This too.
And men's jackets generally don't work as tight-fitting women's jackets. What with the different body types and all.
Kendale Anderson said:
That and the programmers probably didn't want to program her getting a new jacket every time one got ripped.
Which is yet another thing: the jackets would probably already have bullet holes in them, or holes/rips from the arrows.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I got an outfit from preordering that had a bulletproof vest and combat pants.

When I see how those guys live in that minging shanty town I don't even want to touch those guys clothes nevermind wear them.

*Gag*

They probably have lice and fleas and god knows what else.

m19

Jun 13, 2012
Because it's not a hardcore survival simulator and sex appeal is not a crime.