Why did I buy this?

Hey Joe

Dec 23, 2007
Can somebody please tell me why I felt the need to buy Tiger Woods '08? I don't even like golf, but for some reason I felt the need to buy it.

You ever buy a game and get home and think 'why did I buy this?'.

DISCUSS

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
Resistance: Fall of Man

Id played as a demo in the store and found it a shambles... and then granted it the benefit of the doubt and now it gathers dust.

epic fail on my part.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Every game ever that isn't Lylat wars:

Because after two weeks I'm always back on that infernal game trying to beat my high score.

I don't know why you bought it, were you trying to buy something else when the staff craftily distracted you with a life size blow up Cortana?

poleboy

May 19, 2008
Gunman Chronicles. And I know exactly why I bought it. Because I thought it had something to do with Half-Life. Turns out it had something to do with SATAN instead!

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
Can't say this has ever happened to me. I generally don't buy something unless I know it's totally rad.

However, I have wondered, 'Why did my sister buy this.'

wilsonscrazybed

thinking about your ugly face
Dec 16, 2007
Copter400 said:
Can't say this has ever happened to me. I generally don't buy something unless I know it's totally rad.

However, I have wondered, 'Why did my sister buy this.'
I use this method too. After upgrading my rig however I did ask myself, "why did I ever buy a PC?" Regardless, totally rad is an important quality for games. There really aren't enough developers pushing the "rad" envelope.

Drugar

Feb 25, 2008
Hey Joe said:
Can somebody please tell me why I felt the need to buy Tiger Woods '08?
Cause you're a sucker for anything that contains a big black dude with a club in his hands?

LordCraigus

May 21, 2008
Metal Gear Solid 3... The only thing I liked about MGS2 was messing about in the enemy uniform after my bro had completed the game, so I have no idea why I thought I wanted the third game.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Cuz it was ten bucks on Amazon's second-hand market and reverse-compatibility in consoles is awesome?

Singing Gremlin

Jan 16, 2008
poleboy said:
Gunman Chronicles. And I know exactly why I bought it. Because I thought it had something to do with Half-Life. Turns out it had something to do with SATAN instead!
You know I quite liked that.

JoshMan

Mar 4, 2008
I bought Lost Odysee(sp?). I hadn't done much research into the game, but thought it looked cool. Too bad it was a pile of shit. Lesson learned.

Kovash86

May 23, 2008
Hey Joe said:
Can somebody please tell me why I felt the need to buy Tiger Woods '08? I don't even like golf, but for some reason I felt the need to buy it.

You ever buy a game and get home and think 'why did I buy this?'.

DISCUSS
You hate yourself?

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
No, I only get regrets after playing something for a week.

'Why did I buy this?'
Is usually answered with
'Because it seemed cool at the time.'
And I'm very good at keeping my money in my pocket.

Except if its KoF...
I've got a ton of KoF games and hardly play them.
I'm just in love with SNK character designs.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
exocel said:
army of two (arseholes)
you didn't watch the zp review of it did you? :p

for me it's been assassin's creed, i was like "cool get to kill templars and such" and then i realized i was playing the same lvl over and over and over and doing the same thing over and over and over

or i did i mention it felt like i kept doing the same thing again and again?

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
I bought Dungeons and Dragons Online from my cousins for $2. Their computer couldn't run it, so when they had a garage sale, I decided to buy it off of them for a Toonie and try it out. Big mistake. That game was a waste of perfectly good money. I'd ask for a refund, but, meh.

Oh yeah, and Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. See, I've never really liked fighting games because most of them are seriously unbalanced and can be won by mashing buttons. I also think it's a pain in the butt to memorize combos to perform half-assed moves. However, I just felt the need to buy it, and I really regretted it. From start to finish, I hated it, though I continuously kept telling myself it wasn't that bad of a game. The character creation and story mode were about the only decent aspects of the game. I won't make that mistake again. If I ever get a PS3/360, I'll just borrow Soul Calibur IV from one of my friends.