Why do girls on social networking sites "Duck Face"?

Lancallot

Jan 8, 2010
Are they trying to look cute? more attractive? because this is extremely annoying and should be stopped as soon as possible...What do you think? do you know anyone that does the Duck face?...do YOU duckface!?!?

The Dark Umbra

Jun 21, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUn9828LtxA&feature=player_embedded

haha funny

no i dont know anyone who duck faces yea i guess its kind of annoying

Dec 14, 2009
You mean the kissy face?

Reminds me of a great vid.

Doesn't show up until the end though, but Morrigan is totally acting like that type of girl.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
It a piss poor attempt at pouting, which is meant to make there lips look more sexy so guys will want to kiss them ... just leads to looking like Daffy.

May the trend of stupid girls doing this continue, there so lulz worthy!

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
I think they 'think' they are being flirty. By pouting their lips like that, it's like they are teasing that they aren't kissing you. I dunno...I dun duckface, but then again...I also have half a brain.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I think it's cause it makes them look sexy, blowing a kiss.
The only other thing I can of is that it somewhat slims the face down and give them a more visible cheekbone which is apparently sexy >_>

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I find it annoying. I know a girl who does it. The only other girl I know that does it, purposely exaggerates it.

TeeBs

Oct 9, 2010
Because anyone who social networks enough to fall into a social network stereotype is probably too moronic to realize they look horrible when they do the ducky face.

Nothing against people who use a social network, as I use them too.

Carbonyl

Jun 2, 2011
They continue to make the duck face because we are no longer subject to the evolutionary pressure necessary to weed them out for being the intellectual equivalent of a tomato.

What I'm saying is that we need more sabertooth tigers roaming about in our modern-day society.

ExaltedK9

Apr 23, 2009
Could you post a picture for reference? Because I have no idea what "Duck Face" means.

TheSaw

A flayed man holds no secrets.
Apr 22, 2011
ExaltedK9 said:
Could you post a picture for reference? Because I have no idea what "Duck Face" means.

But seriously, google image "duck face". It's when girls pose to a camera with their lips out.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
In the past week through here and Facebook and other various sources, I have seen more people questioning and complaining about Duck Face than I have seen actual instances of duck facing...

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
eddierigs said:
...The hell is a duckface?
My question exactly. And nothing that comes out of social networking surprises me anymore.

EDIT: Google search completed. I would not be able to stop laughing at my hypothetical girlfriend if she made that face.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
eddierigs said:
...The hell is a duckface?

Basically, it's a ridiculous facial expression characterised by 'pouting', i.e. pressing the lips together as if offering a kiss. Apparently, it's what passes for attractive.

You know what looks good in a picture? Smiling [http://pixdaus.com/pics/1213649228bk8r7Vj.jpg].

[sub]Is it me or is that girl I just found on the first page of results for 'woman smile' reeeeeally pretty?[/sub]

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
What's the duckface?
The Dark Umbra said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUn9828LtxA&feature=player_embedded
Oh. THAT.
No, i hate it.
It's ridiculous and the people that i know do it seem to think, for whatever reason, that it is funny and intelligent.
Also it makes them look just plain ugly.