Why do people hate Mojang?

nukethewhales

Sep 16, 2010
I don't get it. I think its a nice story of the little persons triumph over all the big people that run the industry.
People are getting upset that Mojang is beating the other companys, but why? They made a SINGLE good game (too my knowledge), do people think this victory will last forever? Of course it won't, nintendo isn't going to stop makeing games, nor will Valve or any other competition.

Please keep it a bit civil by the way, thanks.
Below i get a bit ranty and might be a bit "Uncivil" upon reflection , feel free to skip it, can't say i didn't give you an option ;D

Frankly im getting board of all this copy paste crap the gameing industry is shoveing down our througts and i am finding more and more games made by tiny companys that i enjoy way more than anything nintendo, valve, capcom or nintendo realeased in the past 5 years.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Because they won March Mayhem. The developer that's been around for less than two years and has one game won over the other 63 developers. Probably the only reason for ze hate.

Opinions and all.

CAPTCHA: vorlin anorexics

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Who hates Mojang? Seriously, the only thing you can hear on these boards regarding Mojang is love, praise and adoration for Minecraft. Personally, I just don't care about them. They made one game which I didn't like.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Who hates Mojang? I can understand being a bit frustrated that they're somehow second in the March Madness thing. I mean admirable as their one developer hit story is, does that really supersede years worth of solid releases and development from other developers? Not really in my mind.

But hate? No, I don't hate Mojang at all. Why would I?

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Quite the contrary, Mojang hasn't even made one complete game yet. I would call that unfair by the fact they won but hey that's my opinion.

Fanta Grape

Aug 17, 2010
No one hates it. I've been getting EXTREMELY pissed at the March Mayhem thing, but there's been no direct hate towards the company. They do a GREAT job. But please do tell me when they make a multimillion dollar budget game featuring the top of the line technology, a parallax vision handheld console that emits 3D without glasses, create some of the best coop/multiplayer experiences in a first person shooter situation, or write the most compelling narratives in the gaming industry.

Actual

Jun 24, 2008
I don't hate them, I respect what they've done very much.

However their game doesn't appeal to me personally and I think the extreme level of rabid loyalty they're getting is perplexing. March Madness was the best example of this, people were dumping on companies who've provided us with years of quality gaming for the producers of a digital lego game.

nukethewhales

Sep 16, 2010
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/539.274279-Round-6-1-BioWare-vs-16-Mojang-AB
then i have seen like 5 other posts bashing it.

ZiggyE

Nov 13, 2010
nukethewhales said:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/539.274279-Round-6-1-BioWare-vs-16-Mojang-AB
then i have seen like 5 other posts bashing it.
So someone preferring one company over another and getting mad over it is hate? That's how March Mayhem works.

Actual said:
I don't hate them, I respect what they've done very much.

However their game doesn't appeal to me personally and I think the extreme level of rabid loyalty they're getting is perplexing. March Madness was the best example of this, people were dumping on companies who've provided us with years of quality gaming for the producers of a digital lego game.
Quoted for truth. It really rustles my jimmies that Mojang is winning thanks to an incomplete game made up of lego blocks made of pixels but I don't HATE Mojang.

I, however, hate the Mojang fanbase quite strongly.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Present > Evidence > March Mayhem Results

Damn it's not April Fools anymore, i was having fun with that...

OT: I don't think anyone really hates Mojang, unless they have a crippling fear of innovation. It's just the fact that they beat Nintendo, Valve and Bioware... Seriously WTF?!

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Can-o-worms deployed!

Anyway, people are hating on Mojang right now because people don't like it when other people express an opinion that differs from their own. Y'know, opinions like, say, "Mojang is better then Valve."

That tends to trigger torrents of impotent nerd rage.

My advice is to treat it like a comment on youtube. That is to say, with utter scorn and indifference.

Jordi

Jun 6, 2009
nukethewhales said:
I don't get it. I think its a nice story of the little persons triumph over all the big people that run the industry.
People are getting upset that Mojang is beating the other companys, but why? They made a SINGLE good game (too my knowledge), do people think this victory will last forever? Of course it won't, nintendo isn't going to stop makeing games, nor will Valve or any other competition.

Please keep it a bit civil by the way, thanks.
Below i get a bit ranty and might be a bit "Uncivil" upon reflection , feel free to skip it, can't say i didn't give you an option ;D

Frankly im getting board of all this copy paste crap the gameing industry is shoveing down our througts and i am finding more and more games made by tiny companys that i enjoy way more than anything nintendo, valve, capcom or nintendo realeased in the past 5 years.
Not everybody likes rooting for the underdog. At least not as much as they like rooting for justice. And besides, nobody roots for the underdog when that underdog is going up against "your" team/developer.

I don't think any sane person really hates Mojang. They just hate the injustice of a brand new developer with one game in beta (that they might not even like) beat out 63 companies that deserved the title a thousand times more. And then when the MineCraft fanboys start rubbing their noses in it, it can get ugly. Of course, none of that is Mojang's fault, and people getting personal with the company are just idiots.

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
A misguided sense of entitlement and an often mistaken belief that they could do Notch's job better.

If you weren't happy with the features in the game at your time of purchase and weren't prepared to be patient, then you shouldn't have purchased it. The game is still getting updates as promised, until he stops updating completely nobody has a right to demand anything of him, and even then the game would have to have major bugs to warrant the level of whining people are currently coming out with.

EDIT: TO clarify I'm talking about people that complain about updates not meeting their schedule. If people actually hate Mojang for winning March Madness, they're idiots, last I checked Mojang didn't vote for themselves thousands of times and if more people liked Minecraft than the other developer's games, that's their choice.

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
Why do people hate Blizzard? Why do people hate Facebook? Why do people hate cream crackers and coke?

We don't know, people just do. It's preference and opinion, two wildely unpredictable things. If YOU don't hate them (as don't most folks), you shouldn't really worry at all. It's not like people who "hate" Mojang will destroy the world in 2012.

>>
<<

...Well, if they do I said it first!