Why do you fear death?

SixWingedAsura

Sep 27, 2010
I only fear death if the Christan mythos is correct. I don't want to get into an argument, so I refuse to respond to anyone, but my biggest issue is the fact that you get punished for not believing in someone. Doesn't seem to loving for a so called "loving, peaceful Father."

Other'n that...um...I dunno. Maybe the fact that my body might be used for zombie creation?

Scratch that.

That'd be awesome.

Cipherz-Orion

Oct 8, 2010
SODAssault said:
I'm not. For me, it's all about perspective: we're all made of elements and compounds that came from the earth. When we die, we decompose, and we redistribute our chemicals back into the earth... so in a way, we're all just temporary extensions of the world. With that in mind, I'm totally okay with death.

that is exactly how i feel but i do remember coming out of the void which is from birth till i was 6 and the fact that i am going back to the nothingness is okay but religion told me otherwise and thats not fair i really had thoughts that there was going to be something definitely. and when i get close to the end the only thing i will think at those moments will be that i am just going back to the earth..it will help me not get a heart attack lol from thinking of the truth..void is the best word that suits it & that i was no use to the universe anyway..which is sorta violating my natural right to live in a sorta way{dont you all think we are useful lol come on we could make a universe ourselves given lots of time}..but i cant take existence to court,so lol..& they would win since it is what we call the natural way..& that cold thing it that all the questions that can ever be asked and all the answered will never fill my conscience..all the experiences to be had, all the things to do & make..i over value life i guess not noticing the bad things that do happen, how did this all happen, where is the universe at, it is crazier that i am stuck with some physco ass people like wtf,,,

xanderkun

Dec 9, 2009
I don't. Becoming an atheist has taught me that I only have one life to live and I have to live it well. I don't fear death because when I go, I know I won't have accomplished everything I wanted to do but at the very least I met good people, was good to my loved ones and tried to make the world just a little bit less crap for someone else. If only because when it's your time to go, it's time to go. Just make sure you did everything in your power to avoid it for just a few seconds longer. :3

Lynx

Jul 24, 2009
sheogoraththemad said:
I don't fear death, I fear dying.
This.
If death is what I think it is - nothingness - then I'm not afraid. I can't fear what I won't feel. If death involves me meeting God and being judged, I'll worry about it then.
I do however fear dying. But I don't fear being dead.

Cipherz-Orion

Oct 8, 2010
hey but lets be thankful we have the internet & facebook lol as long as this technology stays in good care..but when you think of the millions of years it kinda stews it all up

Wired_Head

Aug 17, 2010
I don't fear Death it self, but rather how I die.
To wither away slowly by some illness or old age that leaves me unable until I am just a mind trapped inside a husk, perhaps only mentally fully aware on rare occasions, and knowing that fact is one of my great fears.

Another is to only be skin dead, and awaking in the casket (and yes I know the likely hood of that actually happing is extremely small) which is of the reasons I am an organ donor and have given my body to science.