Why do you still come to the Escapist forums?

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Neonbob said:
Damn right I have. It's not like it'll take care of the whales on its own, right?
Nyet. The North Atlantic in particular has been slacking lately.

I'm seeing a surprising number of veterans in here, some of whom I've never met in all my years of lurking. Gives me hope.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Neonbob said:
I'm still here due to a mix of boredom, curiosity, and habit.
I've got a routine of about ten sites that I peruse during the course of a normal day, and this is number four on that list. In case you can't tell, I live a life of true excitement.
Ignoring webcomics, my daily routine is about three websites at this point.

I feel this is the equivalent of settling down and growing old on the Internet.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Zombie_Fish said:
Neonbob said:
I'm still here due to a mix of boredom, curiosity, and habit.
I've got a routine of about ten sites that I peruse during the course of a normal day, and this is number four on that list. In case you can't tell, I live a life of true excitement.
Ignoring webcomics, my daily routine is about three websites at this point.

I feel this is the equivalent of settling down and growing old on the Internet.
Settling? Old? Never! I'm a young whipper snapper, just like my pappy was!
Why, I can still drink anyone under the table! As long as it's before 7pm and I've had my nap.
crimson5pheonix said:
Neonbob said:
You're still alive?! O:
Mostly. I'd say about 80% alive.
Barbas said:
Neonbob said:
Damn right I have. It's not like it'll take care of the whales on its own, right?
Nyet. The North Atlantic in particular has been slacking lately.

I'm seeing a surprising number of veterans in here, some of whom I've never met in all my years of lurking. Gives me hope.
Yeaah, but you haven't heard anything about the Indian Ocean ones, now have you?
I've just gotten complacent as time goes on. It just seems like so much effort to stop and make a post, rather than just reading the random ones I peruse.

the_dramatica

Dec 6, 2014
Scarim Coral said:
The glory days were before those stuff happened (ME3 ending, Anita Sarkeesian, Gamer Gate and Zoe Quinn etc) so I can guess finding a site that forbid those discussion are rare?
Neogaff would ban stuff like that, but they're the worst gaming forum on the internet. Facepunch and 4chan both will as well, but in spite of their current post rates they're husks themselves, and you still need to know how to ban evade to post on them since they do random bans.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Neonbob said:
Why, I can still drink anyone under the table! As long as it's before 7pm and I've had my nap.
Is that as long as the beverage is hot milk?

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Zombie_Fish said:
Neonbob said:
Is that as long as the beverage is hot milk?
Oh god no. My stomach can't take that any more. It's got to be that Lactaid stuff or I'm just up all night long.