Why does everybody hate runescape?

ohgodalex

May 21, 2009
I was killed by a cow and could not find a way to heal. I haven't touched that thing in years.
Also, I hate all MMO's. Runescape would have to be pretty amazing for me to make an exception.

Arehexes

Jun 27, 2008
From a tech wise view it's interesting because it is a java based MMORPG. But from a gamer wise view it's lame how paid members get a slightly more advance heads up over free memebers

leviathanmisha

Jun 21, 2009
Well, I never actually played the damn game, but I've heard it's pretty crappy. I was lucky enough to not own a computer until recently, so I've missed all the hype about it. Now, I've seen a friend of mine play it, (he's 17 mind you, that's older than the average player), and I just wanted to slap him upside the head for it. The game looks like it needs to go back in the oven on 700 degrees and cook until burnt. He had a payed account, which made no goddamned sense to me, but I ignored it and went off to play Perfect World or XileRO, both are free, look amazing, and you can get buy on the equips you get IN GAME! Now, in both games you can pay for elite or premium items, which I strongly recommend doing cause some of the items in XileRO give you insane stat buffs.

The Splage

Jun 10, 2009
The sense of achievement is similar to that of the one recieved from setting up an account on any other website you know you will only ever visit once.

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
TheRedLucario said:
slipknot4 said:
Make a thread about it!
Not quite yet. I'm sure you'll either become irritated of my ignorance, or get bored and leave. So have fun 'till then...
Bream on, i will stalk you forever... or until i find someone who cares about me...
FOREVER!

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
delta4062 said:
MisterBrown said:
bodyklok said:
You sure you aren't still 12?
Fuck you beat me to it
bodyklok said:
MisterBrown said:
bodyklok said:
You sure you aren't still 12?
Thats what I get for not re-reading my posts. But seriously though it was just a typo, dude.
You should[b/]n't[/b] have to re-read your post to realise "worsted" isn't a word.
And you should learn how to contract your verbs correctly. Everyone makes mistakes get over yourself.

AroLombardi

Apr 16, 2009
slipknot4 said:
TheRedLucario said:
slipknot4 said:
Make a thread about it!
Not quite yet. I'm sure you'll either become irritated of my ignorance, or get bored and leave. So have fun 'till then...
Bream on, i will stalk you forever... or until i find someone who cares about me...
FOREVER!
Good luck on both of those.

Bhuggy

Jun 9, 2009
The graphics were blocky, the quests' didn't keep me entertained, the needing to be a member for everything was a bit stupid, I don't understand they're leveling system, I didn't really like the click to move thing and it was generally laggy.

It's okay for 30mins but then all the bad stuff hits you.

KissofKetchup

May 26, 2008
I think the reason that people hate Runescape is because of the people who are level 100+ and take it upon themselves to act like they're hot shit, even though the game requires very, very, very little skill, just years of commitment.

The grind has to do with it as well

And yes, I played it too, and I even paid for it for like 4 months too...
*hangs head in shame*

UltimatheChosen

Mar 6, 2009
Far too many of the quests devolve into irritating fetch chains. Leveling skills is painfully boring and/or expensive. Traveling is by turns overly complicated (do you really NEED fifteen different ways to get around?) or absurdly slow. The free content doesn't last long, and the members only content, while extensive, seems like a lot of the same thing over and over.

In the end, your money is better spent elsewhere.

mad benji89

May 4, 2009
i tryed playing when my mate will was talking about runescape and got me intreasted in it so i thought i will give it a look.

The next day i slapped will across the back of the head and didnt take a game recomendation from him again seriosly.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
I don't like that it takes very little skill. All it is, is grinding. It doesn't help that the community is one of the worst online communities I have ever seen, I mean, once you make an account there's a bunch of people waiting to ask you out. the only game community that was worse was Endless Online which was full of pedophiles or people acting like it... I do admit that I haven't play many MMORPGs, so I wouldn't know if they're all like that.

I admit, it was fun when I was younger. I have no hate for it, I just don't find it enjoyable.

ArchBlade

Pointy Object Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2008
I don't hate it, I'm just not entertained by it.

I have no idea how so many of my friends can get so into it. I mean, far be it from me to get bored of walking back and forth constantly, mining, forging, mining, forging. And you know swinging and low resolution blocky monsters, or rather, watching my character swing at low resolution blocky monsters while I sit back and knit does get a bit old.

Of course, that's just me. Maybe I'm missing something that makes the game fun as you get higher up, I don't know, but I could never hold it long enough while there were games I liked better I could be wasting time on instead.

karpiel

Apr 18, 2008
because it's korean and the koreans have never made a good MMO in the history of their games industry.

Chiddy

Jun 18, 2009
I hate it cause it was so damn addictive as a little kid and i wasted heaps of time on it :O