Why don't YOU have Skyrim?

Rune342

Aug 26, 2008
I've got enough money for one game right now. And Skyward Sword comes out in 3 days. I still plan on getting Skyrim, just not yet.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
I'm getting it for my birthday in 14 days time. Until then, I'm piecing together random impressions of the game from screenshots, minute-long gameplay snippets, and the stories people tell of it.

A fortnight is far too long o_o

Incidentally, phrases like "best game I've ever played" have been thrown around with what, were it any other game, I would say was recklessness; in this case I'm inclined to believe them.

ikoian

Feb 9, 2011
Ive got no system to run it! Both my Playstation 3 and my laptop that could probably run it on medium settings fried themselves.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Well I just got the game because I'm a freaking idiot and I accidentally bought it on steam. Had a really shitty day and my friend called ranting about it so I just wanted to see the tax, lucky me the checkout is so short and I was so stressed my eye was twitching. I managed to buy it on my brothers credit card no less (since he bought Metro 2033 for us to play on my account when it was on sale).

Best part is I've seen nothing on Skyrim besides 2 Harry Partridge spoof animations and I've never been really able to get into the TES series, Morrowind was great but I didn't like the combat function, Oblivion had ...well it's minor gripes that kept me from buying it(Loved the fallout games).

So I didn't have it before, now I do fun-derful.

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
jamart said:
Oi Oi!

thought I'd start a thread for we few... we (maybe) happy few... we band of brothers (and sisters).

So, why don't you have God-in-a-box, I mean, Skyrim yet?

Me, I'm a law student, and have coursework due in... 3ish weeks. If I get Skyrim before then, my coursework will NOT be done.

You?
Pretty much what you said, plus my current expenses currently exceed my current income :(

I'm not taking out another loan...I just can't.

Also, I'm going to be racking up a fair bit of overtime after I finish up with my schoolwork. I'll need some time to kill before I can really get into Skyrim.

Aisaku

Jul 9, 2010
Hated Oblivion. I have no problem with the open world, since I enjoyed Fallout very much but the story and lifelessness of the characters at large drove me completely off.

SaberXIII

Apr 29, 2010
Because I detest games with open world play. I've played several, and tried my hardest to get into them, but those kinds of games just don't entertain me one bit. Gimme a good PS2 and I'm well away.

hensethe1

Feb 26, 2011
Don't like Betheseda, don't like the gameplay and I don't like either RPG or single-player. Especially now that MW3 is out

ertxz18

Dec 24, 2008
I study Electrical Engineering and I have A LOT of work to do before the semester is over, if I got Skyrim now, I might as well burn all my homework and quit school.

toothofymir

May 6, 2009
A Calculus Exam, a Strucutral Geology Exam, a Structural Geology Presentation, a Computer Science Exam,a Engineering Drafting exam, I have to make a portfolio of 10 AutoCAD Drawings for a job interview, I have a girlfriend who demands semi-constant attention... and the list goes on

Oh, did I mention that that's pretty much all in the same 2 week block?

Action Jack

Jun 30, 2010
I can't justify spending the money, I don't need another reason to distract myself from the things I should be doing, and I'm less interested in fantasy settings.

But the big reason is that Fallout 3 taught me that the larger your world is, the less effort has been put into each individual piece. I'm sure there are a lot of interesting quests and characters strewn about, but I'd bet there are also a lot of samey dank caves with the same enemies I've been fighting all along. You might say I don't have to do everything, but I can't count on the game being generous enough to tell me "This part is just filler, keep moving."

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
I don't have skyrim because I didn't want to buy it
/thread

But seriously, never really go into the elder scrolls series. Oblivion looked boring so I wasn't likely to buy it's successor.

KB Rocker

Sep 27, 2009
No money what so ever bro, and even then I do not wanna play a game that looks so fantastic, on anything other than an PC