Why don't YOU have Skyrim?

Mr Somewhere

Mar 9, 2011
I don't have much of a taste for fantasy, I love Dunsany and Tolkien, that's it. So the atmosphere of the game doesn't really appeal to me.

Lord Fedora

May 19, 2011
NaNoWriMo. I've adamantly decided that I'm not getting Skyrim until my NaNovel's done, and if I don't at least get to 30k I incur a 2-week penalty.

Fanfic_warper

Jan 24, 2011
Just not getting it. I have other games more important to get, like Ultimate MVC 3, Assasin's Creed Revelations, Uncharted 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations, the BLEACH game that came out a while ago, Darkness II, Prototype 2, and Darksiders 2, all taking precedence over Skyrim as well as any other game I might come across.

archaicmalevolence

Jul 16, 2010
Well for one I just started Year 12 recently, so it probably wouldn't be the best thing to buy another game to waste my time upon. I'm nearly broke, since I spent $1000 on a new comp and $600 so far for parts to build a guitar; it's for a school thing.
Then I still ordered it and now I have to wait for it to ship to the Australia from the UK, if I don't receive it by tomorrow which is Friday I'll be on sad little person, but worse could happen, right?

bladecuttersedge

Sep 4, 2009
I could only afford one of the new releases. So I pre-ordered Saints Row 3 for the immense giggles that it offers. Also I have a sneaky suspicion that I may get it for an xmas present. Win-win basically

Burs

Jan 28, 2011
Waiting for the bugs to sort themselves out, waiting for the GOTY edition and then new PC ^.^

DanielDeFig

Oct 22, 2009
1. No access to a video game store (I'm currently in Khartoum, Sudan. I also want it for PS3, so steam isn't a solution)

2. No access to a PS3 (I could get it via Amazon. But that would just be cruel self-torture)

3. I might have the strength of will to wait for the price to go down before I get it (We won't know untill previously mentioned conditions are met).

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Well all my course work was due in this week and... Ah fuck it. I had no money. Getting it in less than 24 hours though. :D

Wither

Nov 19, 2009
My IMMENSE self control has prevented me from buying it during exams
but tomorrow...YES MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Edd4224

Jul 5, 2011
In China for a year abroad for my course with only a mac and minecraft, so hopefully when I get back home I shall buy it.

The Coop

Nov 11, 2009
I've got no money to buy it, and my Pentium 4 3.00E GHz computer likely won't even run it on its lowest settings. So yeah, no real point in getting it.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
I have a bunch of games on my steam account that need playing. So ill just finish those first and by the time im done Skyrim will be cheaper too.
I got MW3 as a pre-order so thats enough for me in terms of full price games :D

Imbechile

Aug 25, 2010
jamart said:
Oi Oi!

thought I'd start a thread for we few... we (maybe) happy few... we band of brothers (and sisters).

So, why don't you have God-in-a-box, I mean, Skyrim yet?

Me, I'm a law student, and have coursework due in... 3ish weeks. If I get Skyrim before then, my coursework will NOT be done.

You?
When Bethesda manages to make Skyrim actually fucking playable on the PC I will consider buying it. Even then I probably won't because it will most likely be a overhyped piece of shit.
Sorry, Oblivion was the knife through the heart of the Elder scrolls series for me and, seeing that they're continuing to dumb down the series, I don't really care about it anymore.