Why don't YOU have Skyrim?

niege

Aug 16, 2009
I've never liked The Elder Scrolls in any game and i am being hyped for ME3

deadxero

Sep 2, 2010
It's an offline, single player game that I can get in in 6 months for $20 at a second hand shop, and still enjoy just as much as I would today. Also, every publisher thinks it's a good idea to drop games in Nov. so most of them will get pushed out/forgotten in favor of games I'm more excited about.

TheDarkestDerp

Dec 6, 2010
Because I don't care...?

Seriously, I don't. Yeah it's a really neat graphical re-tread of Oblivion, but that's not enough to make me care...

Naner

Dec 16, 2010
Exams and more exams in the next few weeks. And I already spent a bit too much money this month with Assassin's Creed and, most importantly, Zelda. I'll probably check it out when I have the time, despite never playing an Elder Scrolls game before.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Way too much schoolwork on my hands right now so I thought I'd wait for the inevitable GOTY edition. It's the smart thing to do anyway.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
why should I?
sure I have it, but it's far from "god-in-a-box"
it's fun, but overrated as fuck

besides, I'm waiting for Serious Sam 3
until then, Quake and it's expansion packs will suffice

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
Well i had a choice skyrim or dark souls, i sided with dark souls and so far im not regretting it one bit =)

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Because it was either Assassin's Creed Revelations or that as my last game for the year. And I hated Morrowing, and love the Ass Creed Series, so the choice was obvious.

targren

May 13, 2009
Because after a rental, I deemed that, while they've made some improvements since Oblivion (equipment degradation, stupid speech minigame, that godawful leveling system), the core problems that made me dislike the series are still there.

Level-scaling: Level up the wrong skill-set in the wrong ways, reach a point where one bear will rip your face off without a problem.

Lack of flow: The sidequests seem to follow a philosophy of "throw it all at you and see what sticks," giving no indication of relative difficulty nor reward, and a difficulty curve that was apparently inspired by the output of the dev computers' PRNG (and is unrelated to the reward value).

Unskippable voice acting: Yes, I get it. Your brother is missing, family feud, blah blah blah. Shut up and let me get on with it. I just heard all this crap five minutes ago before the game crashed/on my last character.

The only slightly less godawful leveling system: See level-scaling and for the love of the gods, don't grind lockpicking early!

Maybe in three or four years when the inevitable GOTY/Platinum/GH edition is available for $10 on GoG, I'll pick up a copy.

darthotaku

Aug 20, 2010
I don't own any of the current console generation and my parents refuse to buy a new computer, despite the fact that our computer can't even play morrowind.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
DefiantWolf said:
Because I refuse to pay 60 dollars for ANY game, no matter how full of awesome it is. The line needs to be drawn somewhere, and I've drawn mine.
I take this point of view regarding "free-to-play" games, setting a low montly limit that I would not overspend no matter what. With normal games I am the opposite: it does not really matter how much a game costs, as long as it is worth my time. I would probably buy Shenmue 3 for $300.

Lucian The Lugia

Nov 4, 2011
It's not really the type of game I'd play a lot, and not meaning this in a bad sense, I don't want to waste the money on buying it.

That's not to say I think Skyrim is a crap game. I've watched it, it looks great, seems exciting, and my friends enjoy it! I just probably wouldn't think of it as the best 60 dollars I've ever spent.

EDIT: Sweeeet. Started a new page. :p

AngleWyrm

Feb 2, 2009
Have you noticed the youtube walkthroughs have trailed off, and those players have switched to things like Assassin's Creed or whatever? There's probably a reason for that: They got bored.

I played Oblivion for a while, and I got bored of that.