Why don't YOU have Skyrim?

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Today's Steam sale on Oblivion is the exact reason. I can afford to wait to get everything for a cheaper price instead of just the base game for too much money. I'm also not convinced it will be a profound experience, so I'm avoiding it until later anyway.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
I have it, i just am waiting to get a new graphics card for Christmas so I can play it~

Shanecooper

Aug 12, 2009
Waiting for the price to come down.
I can wait a few months to play Skyrim if it means paying $50 instead of $100 or more.

AD-Stu

Oct 13, 2011
I've never bothered to play any of the previous games in the series, and yet the world kept turning. So I've boldly assumed that the same will continue to be true if I don't bother with Skyrim.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
Because I plan to buy a new computer after Christmas and then download it on steam. My current computer has a 20 percent slowdown when playing Saint's Row 3 on the lowest graphical settings, so I think I need the upgrade.

Rottweiler

Jan 20, 2008
Honestly...I don't feel it. I understand it's a good game, good mechanics, etc. however, I don't really like the setting, and the whole 'Viking' motif is something I think is overdone. I won't tell people not to buy it, just don't want to buy it myself.

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
qwerty19411 said:
Waiting for construction set, along with patches/unofficial patches.
Yeah this. Ever since I played Ultima IX open world RPG's have jumped to the top of my favourite genre's, right behind Civilization. So I'm just as excited for Skyrim as anyone else here.

That said, the experience will be significantly better once a month or two has passed to allow patches to come out and give the modding community a chance to correct some faults. I bought Fallout 3 when it first came out, and had to suffer an immersion shattering event when I chose to save a village from marauding super mutants by repairing their robots except I made the repairs and nothing happened, they just all stood around looking stupidly at me.

I want the best experience possible with Skyrim, so I choose patience. And I would like to sincerely thank the other 4+ million people with slightly less patience for beta testing for me.

Duruznik

Aug 16, 2009
I'm playing on a system with Vista and an NVidia GeForce 8500 graphics card, you tell me. :p

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
I have exams in a month, and I intend to get top scores. Playing Skyrim isn't gonna help me achieve that goal =p

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
Because I found Oblivion and Fallout 3 frustrating rather than fun and Skyrim is just more of those with better graphics? LAWL

Justice4L

Aug 24, 2011
I have decided to wait a while so it does not have 100000000000000000 bugs. I'm content with 100000000000.

Operative1980

Oct 1, 2010
Cos my sister always ***** that I always buy stuff they they could get me for christmas. so this year I asked them to get me Skyrim

UrieHusky

Sep 16, 2011
Lack of interest, that's pretty much it. I have other games like Saints row 3 to play since Co-Op is more my thing. I'll get it when I have cash laying around but at the moment there are better* games out

* Subjectively better, not objectively don't get your knickers in a twist

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
Whaaaat... I have Skyrim

FINE! I don't have Skyrim, i hope you're happy now!

I was essentially three bucks short when i went to buy it. now I have to wait until the end of the month.

saucecode

Jul 30, 2011
Because im just 14 and I dont exactly have a super computer (or atleast to run Skyrim) and just bought Battlefield, so im down on cash for the meanwhile.