Why don't YOU have Skyrim?

FunctionZ

Jul 4, 2011
Like others, playing other games and don't have the time for it.

So waiting for it to go on sale, then I will nab it. I will then play it once I am done with my other games.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I had only enough money for one upcoming game and I chose Saints Row: The Third over Skyrim.
I was excited for Skyrim, but moreso for Saints Row. Solely based on their predecessors, I tried to get into Oblivion but found it boring, but I had a blast playing and replaying SR2.

Of course if I had 120 bucks instead of just 60, then the point would be moot.

SamFancyPants252

Sep 1, 2009
Because
a) I don't get paid until next week, and until then I'm broke
b) I'm waiting for a new PC to run it
c) Oblivion is occupying me until a and b are fulfilled

Sam Schroth

Oct 29, 2010
Well, I just spent all my money on a brand new shiny microphone, so I only had enough left for one game. I was planning to buy BF3, Skyrim, the new LotR and a few others, but then I was stuck with choosing one of all these instead of getting 'em all. I chose Battlefield because I was in the mood for some Multiplayer and generally in the mood for some FPS. Plus, seeing the first half hour or so of Skyrim's gameplay didn't really impress me as much as I thought it would, so I'm going to get it sometime in a few months or so. For December, I'm definitely getting the Animus Edition of AC Revelations, so Skyrim is quite a bit down the list ATM.

LaramFox

May 9, 2010
Because Up Until Last Night, I Had Never Played An Elder Scrolls Game And Had No Interest In Doing So, But Was Finally Convinced To Buy Oblivion While It Was On Offer...

...I Don't Regret It... And I Will Get Skyrim When I Am Not Skint... I Have 1d In The Bank. No, Really, A Penny. That's It. And Nothing In My Wallet. XD

PixelatedNinja

Jul 13, 2010
nikki191 said:
leet_x1337 said:
Too expensive, don't normally like WRPGs, and it probably has bugs up the ass like every other game Bethesda ever made/published. Oblivion for $6, on the other hand...
apparently this new engine they are using is very stable, ive heard people who normally get crashes all the time with their games having maybe one ctd in 30 hours.

i dont currently have the cash to afford it nor a pc that can properly run it.. now days i dont get much chance to play new releases.. curiously i can JUST play arma 2 even though im technically below the minimum specs..
Same engine, better visuals, even the animations are the same.
I hate the feel Bethesda games have, the controls are all over the place and I just HATE the melee combat.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
I played it for a few hours at a friend's house but I still haven't decided if that's the game I want to buy. I have 60$ and a PS3 and need to choose between:

1) Dark Souls (I would have gotten that already, but I read that it's buggy and laggy and people can dupe items and everyone is waiting for some huge patch due some time before Christmas)
2) Skyrim (I have horrible experiences from Bethesda games in consoles, Oblivion is pretty much the only one that was decent, Morrowind had read disk errors, Fallout 3 GOTY froze every 10 minutes and they never fixed it, New Vegas is still a mess and crashes often). I'm really reluctant to give Bethesda another wad of my cash so they can rip me off with a non functioning product again.
3) Ico-Shadow Collection. I'll certainly get that at some point, but it's a luxury purchase.
4) Arkham City. Looks great, but will probably rent that, don't think it's worth 60$.
5) AC: Revelations. See above.

Folix

Mar 25, 2011
I had my copy delivered to my parents house, and i'm currently at university in Nottingham. so i have a slight distance problem. going home tonight though :D i'm so going to fail the year

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
Because I don't have the money for it and, if I did, I'd wait until I've finished the games I've got going before I get another one.

Plus, my mum is getting if for me for Christmas.

Avalanche91

Jan 8, 2009
I am simply not fond of Bethesda Games.

I mean its impressive, sure. But Fallout, Oblivion, I had some fun dicking around, but I know that dicking around is all I'll ever fucking do in those games, before losing interest and putting them on the shelf.

Sometimes that's enough, but not for 60 bucks.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Slenn said:
Also I have a Mac, so even if I wanted the game I couldn't install it anyways.
Not to bring too much temptation into your act, but meanwhile you could always go weak and install Windows on your Mac. Easy peasy done and all the games of the Windows world would be yours to waste your time with, ruin your career and wreak havoc on your relationship.

Why not give it a try?

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Kysafen said:
Because I don't have a top-of-the-line gaming PC and I don't have the money for either and I can't piss oil and I already have too many new games and I usually have a tendency to lash out against things popular and mainstream, because fuck the mainstream.
farm the mainstream!

I, too, generally despise all melon farmers and the melon farming mainstream.

So, here's what I did:

My rogue casts fireballs and summons her own tanks. That's the power of Skyrim. Splendid fun!

Psycho Goose

Nov 2, 2011
I have very little money and a computer that couldn't handle it. Luckily I have Morrowind, and Oblivion is only a little upgrade away from being playable.

And considering the length of these games and the many others I have lined up, I probably won't get around to Skyrim until Elder Scrolls 7 comes out.

Violator[xL]

Nov 14, 2007
Because I got bored of Oblivion way too fast. And I exploited the 'cast x to increase skill in x' by putting a book on my mouse and going out for coffee.

Darkong

Nov 6, 2007
Simply because my 4 year old PC couldn't do the game justice, I'll get it after I've built a new one.