Why don't YOU have Skyrim?

Mandal0re

Oct 18, 2008
I am a huge elder scrolls fan, Morrowind is my favorite game of all time. But I have loads of uni work to do between now and mid December so I'm gonna hold out and then binge guilt free once my semester is finished.

Jesus McChrist

Feb 18, 2010
Been beaten with the unemployment bat and have none money for most games I want. Anything I can scrape together and set aside is getting put away for Diablo 3. Sad, because there's plenty of other games that have come out recently or will soon that I'd like to have, also.

shroomie

Mar 31, 2009
Lack of disposable income and no access to Live to get updates, I dont want it bugging on me with no remedy.

ScoopMeister

Mar 12, 2011
I'vo got no money :( Wasn't too impressed with Oblivion though. I know Skyrim's meant to be much better, but I'm not too fussed. I can wait.

ArchAngelKira

Mar 25, 2010
I just dont have the money and im sure many other teens or older teens dont ether. Hell the profits for that game might be from parents buying it for there 10 or 12 year old

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
1) Got fucked over by Bethesda's shitty coding twice. Lost about 100 bucks between both games, and at least as many hours due to downtime (exaggerated yes, but my downtime in trying to fix Oblivion and Fallout 3 could very easily be over 30 hours combined).

It's infuriating when a company has the audacity to stamp "Game of the Year" onto their product, and it not even properly work out of the fucking box (or in Oblivion's case, not work after 3 fucking years of patches and support on a gaming-quality computer).

2) Got tired of many, MANY smug, useless twats telling me to play the 360 version instead when I was trying to find help for either game. (Anyone who uses that argument can choke to death for all the good it does)

3) After being constantly annoyed at every turn (online and off) with the MASSIVE hype and marketing campaign for Skyrim since the start of the year, I'd have Stockholm Syndrome if I actually purchased and played the fucking thing.

REZNoR_greed

Jan 21, 2010
it would be a while before I could afford it.
none of my computers would survive trying to run it if I could afford it.
how was a guy idle-standing, then for no reason yelling "bas ro dah!" supposed to be engaging? and why did they have to have it play at the beginning of every video on this site for the last month or so?

and stuff like this:
jamart said:
So, why don't you have God-in-a-box, I mean, Skyrim yet?

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
I'm an aerospace engineering student, and my last homework assignment had me buried in spreadsheets for about a week straight. That, and I don't have any money right now.

I will pick up Skyrim sometime when I am less busy and when I have the money.

JamesStone

If it ain't broken, get to work
Jun 9, 2010
Buying it in Chrismas. Special 3000 bucks bonus. I´m really good at my job. Ahhh, science, is there anything you can´t do?

JamesStone

If it ain't broken, get to work
Jun 9, 2010
REZNoR_greed said:
JamesStone said:
Ahhh, science, is there anything you can´t do?
how's that whole 'cure for cancer' thing coming?
Fine, fine. We still need to make it a little more ineffective and much more expensive, because we need to get profit from somewhere.

i7omahawki

Mar 22, 2010
Dirty Hipsters said:
I don't really like the fantasy genre as it stands. There's so much one could do with the fantasy genre, but everyone seems content to just retread what Tolken did over and over again. You have all the same races, and the race dynamics never really change (elves hate dwarves, everyone hates elves because they're snobbish dicks, etc). It's like no one really has any new ideas.

Seriously, I'm just as sick of the fantasy genre as a lot of the people on the escapist as sick of the "modern warfare" genre. The stories change but somehow it's always the same thing with every game.
Hmm, I don't remember cat people or lizard folk in LotR, then again I'm not a massive fan. But the dwarves in Elder Scrolls are unrecognizable, mostly because you scarcely see them.

Granted, they could depart further from the fantasy fold, but everything considered they're one of the least reliant on Tolkien of any fantasy game I've played.

And well, I DO have Skyrim, and it's great haha. I'm quite convinced that it is the finest Elder Scrolls could be, at this point.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Havne't ever tried the series, maybe I sometime will... who knows.
I hear it's a good game (or so this forum thinks at least). Don't think any of my friends own it either... And I don't play that much...

adamtm

Aug 22, 2010
Like any bethesda game it becomes better over time, like good wine. So im going to get it when the mods are out.

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
My backlog of games is too great to seriously consider investing in a super time sink such as this right now. Honestly I didn't give two shits about this game until the reviews came out and started praising it like the woman who gives the best BJ in the world. It certainly looks intriguing, but I definitely don't see myself jumping into this until 2012 (and they've ironed out some of the bugs in the game)