Why don't YOU have Skyrim?

MetalBuddhist

Aug 24, 2010
I'm currently studying in Italy, and left my gaming PC back in England... I will be getting it the moment I arrive back in the country for christmas!

PlagueRat

Oct 29, 2008
My machine would probably chug at it, not to mention I haven't bought a game for many years (no, I don't pirate games either, I just don't buy games, I'm a Kong guy). I don't see a need to dump $60 for a game that I can get for $40 or less a year or so down the line. Call it financial prudence. I wait a bit and it gets cheaper.

CrankyStorming

Mar 8, 2010
It would be a choice between this or Deus Ex, but since I'm going half and half with my brother on the new LoZ, it's now a choice between Deus Ex or the new Professor Layton(if I don't get it for christmas).

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
1. I'm in my final year of university and I cannot afford to lose that much time.
2. The money I have actually saved for it is going to desert bus for hope later tonight.

Varrdy

Feb 25, 2010
Because I don't want it.

It's not a genre that really interests me although I know a lot of people who have the game and love it. I'm glad they do because so many negative gits wanted it to be crap for some perverse reason!

Wardy

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
Because I have very little time to play games at the moment and this one requires serious investment also my wallet isnt exactly overflowing with cash.

It is on my eventual to get list i.e GOTY edition maybe.

TankCopter

Jul 8, 2009
JamesStone said:
TankCopter said:
Because it's $90 on Steam and $115 in the local store.
The fuck? Where do you live? Ohhhh, Australia/New Zealand, right?
Ayup. Although based on what I'm hearing about the game, I'll probably buy it next time I'm out shopping.

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
i dont have the spare money, the spare time or that much of a motivation to play it

although the latter is slowly changing, as i hear that Skyrim is to gaming what jesus was to christians... or something like that
wait, does that sound like over-hype? ^^

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
Dirty Hipsters said:
You have all the same races, and the race dynamics never really change (elves hate dwarves, everyone hates elves because they're snobbish dicks, etc).
There aren't any dwarves in Skyrim. Well, there are dwarves but they're all dead. Like, way before the game starts. So no dwarves. And they're not really your typical norse/scottish axe wielders. They're more like trad goblins. Tinkers and builders.

Just thought I'd point that out.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
I never played Oblivion or any other Bethesda game before, don't see why I'd need to start now. RPGs and fantasy aren't really my thing.

Phyrophobia

Aug 25, 2010
I don't have Skyrim because my computer almost started on fire. That was fun.

Ordered some new parts that should get here in two weeks, from that point on I shall essentially vanish off the face of the earth.

Nanaki316

Oct 23, 2009
Haven't played the other games but definitely became interested in this one but I, like many other people here, am completely poor right now with Christmas coming up :(

Mausthemighty

Aug 3, 2011
I'm getting Arkham City first. Maybe I'll get Skyrim next year, when ít's cheaper and has a few DLC's out.