Why Homosexuality Should be Banned

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
ziggydk said:
hey hey hey HEY
Homosexuality exists in the animal kingdom
Yep, I had a dog that was gay--well, actually bi. Well...actually anything that he could get a grip on...

That was a really nice video. I didn't think it was going to be sarcastic.

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
Slash Dementia said:
ziggydk said:
hey hey hey HEY
Homosexuality exists in the animal kingdom
Yep, I had a dog that was gay--well, actually bi. Well...actually anything that he could get a grip on...

That was a really nice video. I didn't think it was going to be sarcastic.
I had a dog that quite enjoyed the company of shoes.

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
I love arguements like this that are just taking the piss, but actually make good points while doing it.

Not gona lie though, when I clicked it I was think "What is this ignorante prick talking about?"

Broken Boy

Apr 10, 2010
Snowy Rainbow said:
That's one aspect of transgender that's completely alien to me - being the 'wrong gender'. Wanting to be a gender you're not seen as makes sense. But seeing yourself as the wrong gender is odd to me, as I've never seen myself as a gender. Not to say either of us is weird or wrong, mind.
It's hard for me to put into words the way I feel about myself ( the way I look & such ). To put it as simple as I can ( the thought that runs through my mind most ) is I just wanna be pretty not masculine. My mind just tells me I should be a girl and this casing is just not the true me. And your right neither of us are wrong or weird it's just how we are wired.

I do have to say it sounds a bit to me that your pansexual at least a bit since you don't think of yourself as any gender.

But then again what do I know. They all seem to be just convenient labels anyway I guess.

conflictofinterests

Apr 6, 2010
Snowy Rainbow said:
I've never liked gender roles. They helped us (humans) evolve and fight our way to the top of the food-chain, but in today's modern society they are completely outdated and need to be exiled from public consciousness.
"Gender role" is a very ambiguous term and could describe systems where men are dominant and women are submissive, where women are dominant and men are submissive, or where both genders are practically equal. Said system may or may not have a place for inter-gender people, as well.

Stilkon

Feb 19, 2011
Reminds me of this girl on YouTube who posted a video saying Lady Gaga's song 'Judas' is evil. She then posted a different video on the same channel in response to her video, claiming to be another girl against the original. Of course nobody got it, since the majority of commenters were teenage girls. Either way, this is hilarious trolling.

conflictofinterests

Apr 6, 2010
Broken Boy said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
That's one aspect of transgender that's completely alien to me - being the 'wrong gender'. Wanting to be a gender you're not seen as makes sense. But seeing yourself as the wrong gender is odd to me, as I've never seen myself as a gender. Not to say either of us is weird or wrong, mind.
It's hard for me to put into words the way I feel about myself ( the way I look & such ). To put it as simple as I can ( the thought that runs through my mind most ) is I just wanna be pretty not masculine. My mind just tells me I should be a girl and this casing is just not the true me. And your right neither of us are wrong or weird it's just how we are wired.

I do have to say it sounds a bit to me that your pansexual at least a bit since you don't think of yourself as any gender.

But then again what do I know. They all seem to be just convenient labels anyway I guess.
I think maybe people don't think about themselves as one gender over another as much if their body matches their wiring... Maybe, Iunno. I've never thought of myself as one gender over another, but I could be abnormal. (Good chance of that, being asexual xP)

Pandaman1911

Fuzzy Cuddle Beast
Jan 3, 2011
Hm. Never saw that before. I... don't really see the point of putting that on YouTube, because almost nobody there will understand the idea of satire, or hell, even sarcasm. I can imagine all the "OMG WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU" comments and such... but whatever. I liked it, it was kind of amusing.

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
Titan Buttons said:
I love arguements like this that are just taking the piss, but actually make good points while doing it.

Not gona lie though, when I clicked it I was think "What is this ignorante prick talking about?"
Sorry :p I hope the sarcasm served the point all the more.

Broken Boy said:
Snowy Rainbow said:

Interesting. So very alien to me. I don't imagine it would be nice at all, so I'm glad you seem so happy despite your brain's messages. ^^

I don't think I'd call myself pansexual. If I had to describe my perfect partner, they would have the body of a female, the mind of a transgender female, and both genitals. So... yeah, I'm really damn weird XD

conflictofinterests said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
I've never liked gender roles. They helped us (humans) evolve and fight our way to the top of the food-chain, but in today's modern society they are completely outdated and need to be exiled from public consciousness.
"Gender role" is a very ambiguous term and could describe systems where men are dominant and women are submissive, where women are dominant and men are submissive, or where both genders are practically equal. Said system may or may not have a place for inter-gender people, as well.
I just dislike the idea of there being "men" and "women" in the traditional sense of the words. I want everyone to be completely equal and for there to be no default sex, gender or behavior for anyone.

But those are just my personal feelings.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
thewaever said:
The typical anti-gay argument you hear is, "homosexuality is a choice, therefore it's wrong." But, there's an obvious logical misstep here. Christianity, by definition, MUST BE A CHOICE. But, Christianity isn't "wrong" despite being a choice, so why is homosexuality?

This is where you get people trying to expand & say that homosexuality is a "lifestyle" choice, & therefore it's wrong, but we hit the same logical wall. Christianity is nothing if not a lifestyle, therefore being Christian is also a lifestyle choice & must therefore be "wrong."

Christians obviously do NOT think lifestyle choices are "wrong," otherwise they wouldn't've chosen to make a lifestyle choice and pursue a Christian lifestyle. So what is the real kernel of the homosexuality-as-choice argument?

If you really look at it, really, REALLY examine the homosexuality-as-choice idea, the argument must actually SUPPORT homosexuality.

Because Christianity is a lifestyle which you can only enter by choosing to do so (read up on baptism ;P), then organized religion is a lifestyle choice. This actually sets a wonderful legal precedent for homosexuality, as any "lifestyle choice" must also benefit from the same protections Christians receive.
I'm sorry, but that entire argument is just nonsensical. Nobody says "it's a choice, therefore it's wrong", because as you point out that is a stupid argument that leads nowhere. They say it's a choice, therefore you should pick the right decision which is heterosexuality just as they would say picking Christianity is the right decision. The argument should be based on "why is homosexuality the wrong decision?" After all the only negative effects of being gay are imposed by other people so arguably we should really be dealing with the dickheads who think they're better than other people when they're actually the lowest of the low because ultimately when they're done with gay people they'll just move on to someone else they deem inferior for arbitrary reasons. They're the real disease.

On a purely personal level, you get that "Who would choose to be gay?" thing. I HATE THIS. Because the argument begs the question "Who would choose to be gay (because being gay is a terrible thing)?" Aside from being a horrible, horrible idea filled with self-loathing & homophobia of the highest order, it's logically terrible. From start to finish, there's nothing redeeming about this argument.

Who would choose to be gay? I would. I did. BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING GAY.
I agree with you that there's obviously nothing wrong with being gay, but the argument is that gays are seriously persecuted in some parts of the world, to the point that they could be killed for it, so who on earth would choose that when the risks are so great? Even in more civilised countries there is still bullying and hatred so, if it's such an easy thing as just choosing, then why would anyone choose to be gay? There's nothing inherently better about any sexuality but homosexuality comes with all that baggage that would make it undesirable.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
Damn, you got my angry fingers all readied up for nothing.

Mwa, mwa, mwa. Sorry, ladies...

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
conflictofinterests said:
I think the point they were trying to get across is that people who accuse homosexuals of "flaunting" their homosexuality are actually accusing them of being open and honest about their sexuality, and that term does not apply in either homosexual or heterosexual cases.
So, are all who accuse homosexuals of disrespectful social behavior intolerant or homophobic?
Don't some homosexuals use intolerance and homophobia, or even the fear of accusal, as an excuse to act out[footnote]To express (unconscious impulses, for example) in an overt manner without conscious understanding or regard for social appropriateness.[/footnote]?
The term is very valid, people just don't read dictionaries anymore, using words they are only vaguely familiar.

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
thetruefallen said:
I liked the video but you need to read your thread titles back to yourself before you post them.
The thread title is the title of the video - it's meant to further serve the satire.

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
Snowy Rainbow said:
...and both genitals. So... yeah, I'm really damn weird XD
Hermaphrodites should inherit the earth. The pinnacle of evolution, really. Starfish do pretty well, and they aren't ever fully Herms.

AnkaraTheFallen

May contain a lot of Irn Bru
Apr 11, 2011
Schadrach said:
Thanks, I was hoping someone would know what book had that quote. I will definitely be looking into that book a bit more, seems to have a lot of funny quotes I could use.

Thanks ^.^

Edit: Quote failed, but it's fixed now.