Why I think GTA V will be a PS3 exclusive.

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
TheComedown said:
Come on now. Your fanboy is showing.

I'm going to have to agree with the other two posts you quoted then. If its all about the tech then why the fuck does anyone even develop for any platform aside from PC? Not to mention rockstar hasn't even been able to make a passable port for the PC in a very long time.

No, really are you that naive? Do you really think that this isn't about money, the game is going to cost millions and millions to make, and you think that they are going to drastically reduce their returns by cutting out such a massive portion of their market?

Really you think there wont be a backlash? Really? I think you drastically overestimate the how many people have the PS3 compared to the xbox. Yeah its more then it was, but still to walk out and drop 400-500 bucks on a second console, then add accessories and games on top of that is a lot of money a lot of people can't justify spending for just one or two PS3 exclusives.

Have you heard how bad the xbox community can be? To pull such a massive release from the platform after the last few installments of the series was on the platform is a massive dick move, and no community responds well to a dick move, especially one as rowdy as the xbox community.
Ugh, I'm the naive console fanboy, eh? Let's just drop this, no point in discussing the unknowable. Rockstar will do what they will do, and we just have to like it.

grrr

Jan 9, 2010
jawakiller said:
grrr said:
I never said that the PS3 is graphically superior to the PC, I don't have mental problems. And your grammar scares me.
At the risk of sounding silly, I feel I must defend my honor. Bad grammar was the point. If you've ever read an old missive you will find a disturbing collection of grammar mistakes. Just throwing that one out there.
Very well.

Isaac The Grape

Apr 27, 2010
grrr said:
Yes it just doesn't seem feasible that a game of this (rumored) size would run on 360 at this point, and your point about the 720 makes perfect sense because that way everyone's happy eventually.
May I point out that it is disputed whether the 360's full potential has actually been used yet. For example, The Escapist ran an article a while back quoting Cliffy B (Gearbox) stating that

"With creative programming you can squeeze anything out of any given platform,"

"Go back to the demo scene where these guys would take a 286 PC and in 38k make a demo that rivaled the most triple-A game of the time."

"It's just a matter of code magic, time and effort...I don't know how much longer the 360 will be around, but I'm sure that if we have a product coming out before the end of [its] lifecycle we'll continue to try and squeeze more water from that stone."

He has a point. Hardware manufacturers cannot predict the full capacity of their own products. As such, I would expect the 360 to have at least five more years as a major console.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114118-We-Can-Still-Do-More-With-Xbox-360-Says-Bleszinski

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
grrr said:
Yes it just doesn't seem feasible that a game of this (rumored) size would run on 360 at this point, and your point about the 720 makes perfect sense because that way everyone's happy eventually.
Because there's no way they'd just make it multi-disc on the 360 or anything. That's utter madness.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
I really don't care, if I decide the game looks good enough to buy, I'll get for PS3, my secondary console, with my Xbox 360 being my primary. The only reason I dislike this is because it'll heat up PS3vs360 flame wars hotter than the sun once it is announced and I hate that pathetic crap so much.

Who Dares Wins

Dec 26, 2009
This just is NOT happening. GTA IV had a production cost of 100 MILLION DOLLARS and GTA V is way more ambitious and will have a higher cost. Making the game exclusive for anything just wouldn't make a profit.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Bobbity said:
People are actually still debating this? Not Rockstar, nor any other sane developer, is going to abandon half of their potential sales for the sake of making the graphics slightly prettier.
Pretty much this. Dice managed to get BF3 on consoles, and that's the most graphically demanding pc game ever. But they made the cutbacks, they made it fit, because they're not giving up that money.

And that's from Modern tech on PC to 6 year old tech on consoles. The difference between the PS3 and the 360, other than storage space, is absolutely minuscule.